Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: May 2nd

Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: May 2nd

Coverage starts at 7 our time. With the usual under cards, the main event won't start until around 9-10. I hope Pacman wins. If Money wins it'll be a boring fight with him staying on the outside, counter punching with that straight right and running. But Pacman is the one guy I think can press/corner Money and if nothing else, make him stand toe to toe and go to war. Manny is definitely the underdog but I'm all in on him

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Nah probably not. Just not that into boxing anymore. To be honest too many fights go the distance. Not enough knock outs. Not enough energy in earlier rounds. Seems more like a dance than a fight.
    And again why I don't watch boxing.

Yea, that fight was played out way too safe for sure. Oh well, boxing is dead...
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Yea, that fight was played out way too safe for sure. Oh well, boxing is dead...
    I read that Mayweather was the highest paid athlete last year, around $105 million for 72 minutes of work. I think boxing is far from dead.

As a sport is dead, money has ruined sports. Back in the day pro players had a full time job and did their thing cause they loved it. Everything is owned by capitalism, reason why fights suck now and even most sports aren't exciting anymore. Part of evolution I guess so it's whatever. He made $170 million just on this fight plus whatever he'll make on sponsor money, new endorsements and his own stuff selling. Good for him I guess
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

After this fight, his net worth is now over $400 million. And yes, he is currently the richest and highest paid athlete on the planet....and an asshole...from what I hear.
    --Dave
    2013 Honda VFR 1200F
    2014 Honda VFR800-SOLD
    2007 Honda VFR800-SOLD

2004 Kawasaki KLX300R

Gold Member

The only reason these guys make that kind of money is because people pay to watch them. And why? How many fights are actually finished? Few.

To be honest these guys need to either fucking fight or walk away. Its your job. Take away the judges. Take away the round times. These assholes want to dance for two hours so be it. The right should always end in a ko.

But that's just me. I'm retarded.

Oh Mayweather is one cocky dude but whatever, guess you forget where you came from once you got money. That dude is not humble at all, what's funny is that last night he was trying to be all noble and giving Pac-Man credit and shit lol, nothing but bullshit for the media
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Oh Mayweather is one cocky dude but whatever, guess you forget where you came from once you got money. That dude is not humble at all, what's funny is that last night he was trying to be all noble and giving Pac-Man credit and shit lol, nothing but bullshit for the media
    He's a complete tool. I was watching ESPN yesterday and they had another tool taking a tour of his house. Multiple Veyrons and Ferrari's, $100k watches, and not a bit of humbleness along with any of it. I was hoping he would lose, especially given his long history of boxing with his women.

Quote Originally Posted by birchyboy View Post
    He's a complete tool. I was watching ESPN yesterday and they had another tool taking a tour of his house. Multiple Veyrons and Ferrari's, $100k watches, and not a bit of humbleness along with any of it. I was hoping he would lose, especially given his long history of boxing with his women.
    Yeah, that's the reason why I can't respect him. He believes that money makes him a man. Everyone kisses his ass cause of his success but once that's all gone we'll see how many "friends" and fame he has. Typical tool that grows up with nothing and goes crazy once things go well. Can't respect people that forget where and what they came from.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1