www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Re: Learn how much Morrison makes off us each year TICKET SEASON ahoy

I hope they choke on more than the money. They are a sneaky group of popo in Morrison.

Id love to see what State Patrol pulls in every year. I bet they are the worst.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    I hope they choke on more than the money. They are a sneaky group of popo in Morrison.

Id love to see what State Patrol pulls in every year. I bet they are the worst.
    Fuck yea they are, I got one of those fucks fired for lying and sticking me with a ticket I wasn't supposed to get. Clown ass bitch, those guys out there are nothing but revenue leaches, it's sickening. More than 80% of the time you always see them do nothing but speed traps, I'm glad they uncovered this shit. As far as CSP I'm not sure but I'm sure Aaron will chime in.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Why I will be investing in a Valentine 1...
    "I busted the Star Trek Enterprise's ass from a warp 6 roll.. had about 10 lightyears on it when i got out of it. Captain Picard still talks **** though... says he needs some dyno time."

I have my $40 Cobra from HS and still saves my ass every now and again. I've just learned all the hot spots in the areas I frequent so just watch myself, can't justify $600+ on a cop radar.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I never go above the posted speed limit.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Me either 45mph is top speed!
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Yea, just to play devil's advocate here... With as many awesome roads as there are in the front range, why speed through Morrison, and/or why ride through Morrison? It is home to the Red Rocks, so, I'm sure the Cops see all kinds of stupid and crazy things with the concerts...

No, I'm not trying to defend the cops. I'm actually not picking sides, just highlighting the other side. Ideas on how to combat this? Do we organize a "protest ride", lol. Do we make an active effort to not ride in Morrison and keep other motorcyclists out of it? I guess, it's easy flap yer jaw on the nets.... I'm asking what you gonna do about it?
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

I recall from when I was living in CO that Morrison was like a hot spot for motorcyclists to stop. Every weekend that place was packed with bikes. I don't imagine that has changed.
    "I busted the Star Trek Enterprise's ass from a warp 6 roll.. had about 10 lightyears on it when i got out of it. Captain Picard still talks **** though... says he needs some dyno time."

#virgin
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

While I hate speed traps and revenue generating laws going 15mph over will get you a ticket anywhere. Morrison seems pretty lenient with their policy and still are writing plenty of tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooph View Post
    Yea, just to play devil's advocate here... With as many awesome roads as there are in the front range, why speed through Morrison, and/or why ride through Morrison? It is home to the Red Rocks, so, I'm sure the Cops see all kinds of stupid and crazy things with the concerts...

No, I'm not trying to defend the cops. I'm actually not picking sides, just highlighting the other side. Ideas on how to combat this? Do we organize a "protest ride", lol. Do we make an active effort to not ride in Morrison and keep other motorcyclists out of it? I guess, it's easy flap yer jaw on the nets.... I'm asking what you gonna do about it?
    Nothing we can do, government will do as they please and I'm sure this news deal won't stop anything. I'm sure just like it happened to me they'll just start making up bullshit to give out tickets though people will watch themselves even more in that area. Morrison is full of crooked ass lying cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Me either 45mph is top speed!
    FOG's.... so that's why there's traffic jams

Quote Originally Posted by Cataract2 View Post
    I recall from when I was living in CO that Morrison was like a hot spot for motorcyclists to stop. Every weekend that place was packed with bikes. I don't imagine that has changed.
    Just cruisers mainly, sport bikers are vaginas in this state and don't come out anymore. The first weekend I got my new ride I was the only sport bike for over an hour at MoCo (blood sugar dropped pretty good so had to stuff my face in and wait it out so I could start riding)... some sad shit that people don't get out to ride. I remember the good ol' days when rides were posted weekly, had some great groups and it was a fun weekend. This place has gone dead for sure and it sucks.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Just cruisers mainly, sport bikers are vaginas in this state and don't come out anymore. The first weekend I got my new ride I was the only sport bike for over an hour at MoCo (blood sugar dropped pretty good so had to stuff my face in and wait it out so I could start riding)... some sad shit that people don't get out to ride. I remember the good ol' days when rides were posted weekly, had some great groups and it was a fun weekend. This place has gone dead for sure and it sucks.
    I've noticed that since getting back on here from my hiatus.

Bugkiller (old member) and I once got tickets for stunting from a Morrison cop because we were going side to side warming up the side of our tires.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    going side to side warming up the side of our tires.
    Classic rookie mistake.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Yeah we ought to protest... start a riot, loot, and burn some shit.

What.. too soon?

So they make their revenue from speeding tickets. Know what? If more folks can control their throttle through town it hits them directly where they hurt. Fewer tickets mean they'll have to make their money another way.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    If more folks can control their throttle through town it hits them directly where they hurt. Fewer tickets mean they'll have to make their money another way.
    im not sure if the Morrison cops can sell weed or prostitute in Colorado
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Def a cash cow for Morrison at that location. Speed limit is 45 (kinda low for 4 lane divided hwy), and the curves naturally slow traffic.
    Last edited by FZRguy; Thu Apr 30th, 2015 at 11:01 PM.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Bugkiller (old member) and I once got tickets for stunting from a Morrison cop because we were going side to side warming up the side of our tires.
    Stunting? Seriously? What in the fuck.....
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

A lot of people commenting here are under the impression these tickets are being written in old-town Morrison proper (where all the bars are and cruisers hang out). While I'm sure they write some there too, their big money maker and the focus of the 9news investigation was where they park on 285 and snag people. As said above, that's a wide, 4 lane, gently curved road with a artificially low 45 mph speed limit. There's a couple mile stretch of 285 that falls in Town of Morrison's jurisdiction and they milk it big time. The road doesn't go to or from or through Morrison, but they recognize it as a money maker and park there constantly. I was one of the people unfortunate enough to be forced to make a contribution to the City's coffers last summer. I will say the cop that pulled me over was very nice, and gave me a pretty good break on the ticket, but it's still BS what they're doing. Has absolutely nothing to do with safety and everything to do with revenue generation. By CDOT's own guidelines, speed limits should be set so that 85% of the people are doing the speed limit or under. (Read all about that here https://www.codot.gov/library/Brochu...s_Brochure.pdf ) There's no way 85% of the people are doing 45 or under, which means it's artificially low.
    The Toys:
    05 Suzuki SV1000S
    07 KTM 450EXC
    00 Toyota MR2
    76 Toyota Landcruiser Rockcrawler
    13 Yeti SB66c
    Too many skis to list

Dude they pull people over left and right by Moco and the town all the time, it's all over the town.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

True, but the speed limit there is fairly reasonably set. From Moco thru town I keep it at the speed limit and it feels fairly close to appropriate. Now just west of town is another story, I'll grant you that. There's another artificially low section.
    The Toys:
    05 Suzuki SV1000S
    07 KTM 450EXC
    00 Toyota MR2
    76 Toyota Landcruiser Rockcrawler
    13 Yeti SB66c
    Too many skis to list

Quote Originally Posted by teamextreme View Post
    A lot of people commenting here are under the impression these tickets are being written in old-town Morrison proper (where all the bars are and cruisers hang out). While I'm sure they write some there too, their big money maker and the focus of the 9news investigation was where they park on 285 and snag people. As said above, that's a wide, 4 lane, gently curved road with a artificially low 45 mph speed limit. There's a couple mile stretch of 285 that falls in Town of Morrison's jurisdiction and they milk it big time. The road doesn't go to or from or through Morrison, but they recognize it as a money maker and park there constantly. I was one of the people unfortunate enough to be forced to make a contribution to the City's coffers last summer. I will say the cop that pulled me over was very nice, and gave me a pretty good break on the ticket, but it's still BS what they're doing. Has absolutely nothing to do with safety and everything to do with revenue generation. By CDOT's own guidelines, speed limits should be set so that 85% of the people are doing the speed limit or under. (Read all about that here https://www.codot.gov/library/Brochu...s_Brochure.pdf ) There's no way 85% of the people are doing 45 or under, which means it's artificially low.

Yeah you couldnt be more wrong. If you look at the amount of tickets and location the cash cow is where morrison road and c470 bridge to 1 mile outside of the last Red rocks entrance. Ive lived in this area for 30 years. the, number 2 spot and most unmarked patrol is from alameda to 3miles south of morrison road on c470. the two most common trapped area in the town limits of morrison is by the gas station and red rocks west rear entrance or 2nd entrance. 285 where they do trap on the back side of bear creek park gets 1/2 the ticket revenue from c470 bear creek road to alameda both area's fall under the Jeffco S. and HSP patrol and not Morrison Police who do not have the Patrol cars to monitor or patrol the area. The city of Lakewood even had to step in and slow the amount of traps run in front of bearcreek park entrance which use to be done more often for part is Under morrison control and part under lakewood and even the state patrol would trap run into a gray area of who could and couldn't. 50 to 35 MPH zone in less then 1 mile they use rake the cash in
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr