Gold Member

Re: Learn how much Morrison makes off us each year TICKET SEASON ahoy

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    That'll get you a party invitation!
    And make for a great YouTube video!

That'll get you a party invitation!
    He's going streaking through the quad then the gymnasium ... everybody's doing it
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by Zanatos View Post
    I was driving from Cripple Creek to Colorado Springs a few years ago. Along the way, I saw three different cars pulled over for speeding, so I was watching my speedometer like a hawk.

As I descended a hill into Manitou Springs, I downshifted into second and applied the brakes, slowing down from 50 mph to 35 well before I got the the 35 mph speed limit sign.

As soon as I got past the sign, a patrol car pulled out and hit his flashing lights. I thought to myself, "Wow - I'm glad I was being careful and watching my speed."

Then the cop pulled right behind me and blipped his siren, so I pulled over.

When he got to my car, he told me that he clocked me going 50 in a 35 and asked for my license and registration.

I told the officer that I had seen multiple cars pulled over, that I was carefully watching my speed, and that there was no way I could have been going that fast - especially because I was in second gear.

The cop said, "Your speedometer is probably off." But I explained that I drive on military installations every day and they have smart carts that check your speed - and my speedometer is absolutely accurate at 35 mph. I also have GPS and it matches my speedometer precisely.

Then the cop said, "I can show you the reading on the gun if you want."

And I said, "If it's a Falcon radar gun, it doesn't use a time stamp. You could have clocked someone at 50 three hours ago and wrote 20 tickets on that same reading since then."

Then he said, "Well, you can tell that to the judge. See you in court."

When I went to court the prosecutor said, "If you fight your ticket and lose, it will be $100 higher because of added court costs. If you agree to pay the $150 ticket, I will change the charge from speeding to defective equipment which is a non-moving violation, so it doesn't deduct points from your license or get reported to your insurance."

I paid the $150, and so did about 80 other people who had shown up at the courthouse that morning.

If I had been speeding, I would have gritted my teeth and paid the fine with no hard feelings. But I was 100% innocent.

Manitou Springs is the worst.
    Your GPS records your speed, location and time. You had evidence with you that would show that you weren't speed where he said you were. You shouldn't have taken that BS deal.
    "I busted the Star Trek Enterprise's ass from a warp 6 roll.. had about 10 lightyears on it when i got out of it. Captain Picard still talks **** though... says he needs some dyno time."

Quote Originally Posted by Zanatos View Post
    I was driving from Cripple Creek to Colorado Springs a few years ago. Along the way, I saw three different cars pulled over for speeding, so I was watching my speedometer like a hawk.

As I descended a hill into Manitou Springs, I downshifted into second and applied the brakes, slowing down from 50 mph to 35 well before I got the the 35 mph speed limit sign.

As soon as I got past the sign, a patrol car pulled out and hit his flashing lights. I thought to myself, "Wow - I'm glad I was being careful and watching my speed."

Then the cop pulled right behind me and blipped his siren, so I pulled over.

When he got to my car, he told me that he clocked me going 50 in a 35 and asked for my license and registration.

I told the officer that I had seen multiple cars pulled over, that I was carefully watching my speed, and that there was no way I could have been going that fast - especially because I was in second gear.

The cop said, "Your speedometer is probably off." But I explained that I drive on military installations every day and they have smart carts that check your speed - and my speedometer is absolutely accurate at 35 mph. I also have GPS and it matches my speedometer precisely.

Then the cop said, "I can show you the reading on the gun if you want."

And I said, "If it's a Falcon radar gun, it doesn't use a time stamp. You could have clocked someone at 50 three hours ago and wrote 20 tickets on that same reading since then."

Then he said, "Well, you can tell that to the judge. See you in court."

When I went to court the prosecutor said, "If you fight your ticket and lose, it will be $100 higher because of added court costs. If you agree to pay the $150 ticket, I will change the charge from speeding to defective equipment which is a non-moving violation, so it doesn't deduct points from your license or get reported to your insurance."

I paid the $150, and so did about 80 other people who had shown up at the courthouse that morning.

If I had been speeding, I would have gritted my teeth and paid the fine with no hard feelings. But I was 100% innocent.

Manitou Springs is the worst.
    They can say whatever they want, it sucks. Funny part is that the cop at my court hearing changed the story completely from what actually happened so he could excuse his fuck up but little did he know he fucked himself for lying. Wish karma would get cops like that each time too for being dishonest. Yes, I know there's honest and hard working cops out there that do care but they seem less and less each time.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Yea, I enjoyed the last couple years of decent CSC presence but it definitely isn't what it used to be. I miss it lol

Take just a few minutes and read this thread and you start getting an idea why the site is not what it used to be.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Take just a few minutes and read this thread and you start getting an idea why the site is not what it used to be.
    Lol.. Are you really going to compare today with the past? I mean we had actual death threats back in the day. Csc.. We know drama. Remember that? Hell I had the cops called on me once.

So I would have to say if anything things are much quieter. People just don't post.

And don't blame that shit on me. The peak of this site was years after I joined. I've been the same guy from day one.

more debate than riding tis ze Colorado debate club
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I know it's getting to the point where I'm wanting to seek out a site here that rides and talks about bikes.

Gramps, I have been here a long time and know and remember you well. All I can ask is do you see any moderators on this site anymore, do you see the presidents still posting, have most old school members left (do you know why; a lot was not about the members but how the club was run; from my experience and talking to them). There are a lot of people to blame, but I am not so sure it is the members as a club is only as good as it's organization and leadership

Not to mention we lost most our members when the site was changed over to this new format; it was down longer than it should have been during the change and few were aware it was coming back and assumed it finally was gone (we had a lot of server issues, so it is not hard to think it was gone). Links werr also changed that confused people; I thought the site was down till people told me the old link did not work (I'd say I went 1 1/2 weeks before I figured this out: I had used the same bookmark for years).

Then the fact that most the motorcycle talk has been talked about years ago and is now just a lot of repetitive that most the older members have read a hundreds times; yet newbies think these are some new topics and get annoyed when little activity goers to a topic already discussed. Also doesn't seem to be about helping newbies anymore and much more about being the "popular" guy so you got people telling newbies to get the newest 1000cc.

Overall it lost the close family feeling we used to be because we didn't have so many members. I wish it would have been limited and then that would have stayed, but the club was more into growing nationally and that went away and has created a lot of what it is now.

A few of us have stuck around, but I am sure we agree with you and miss the old days. Only way I see any changes is for the people in power to change things.....as members not much we can do.

There was a lot of arguing and stuff back in the days too; heck I remember Hoopty, Big-J, and I would go at it hardcore then meet up late that night and laugh about it (to the point where people would PM us to calm down). Now people take it all serious; I believe because we don't have that family connection like before. Anyone wants to act like this is new they do not remember people like Briz, Bertha, BiSexual Britteny, and even old Barn that caused a lot of drama. I remembered Briz got so bad they gave him his own forum to have fun in (see good decision by the people in power because if you liked Briz you went to his forum and knew it was a crazy place. Didn't like that talk, you didn't go in).
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I agree with your direction but I think I can summarize it for clarity sake.

It's not so much that the "family" went away it is the value that was diluted. There was value at one time in several aspects. I tried to protect the value for the people that were the normal participants on rides I posted but it was too much to manage. So we quit posting content of any value here and took it to a private site.

When several others did the same thing then most of the value went away. With very little exception that I have found if there is no value in a product most people don't support it.

All the issues about the site being down and transitions are really just side effects. I would guess, if the powers that control this site pulled it back some and eliminated the element that add little or no value to the actual content of the site not only would it rebound to what it once was but it would flourish. There are sites in other areas that are very successful and have great content for new and old alike.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

I agree with your direction but I think I can summarize it for clarity sake.

It's not so much that the "family" went away it is the value that was diluted. There was value at one time in several aspects. I tried to protect the value for the people that were the normal participants on rides I posted but it was too much to manage. So we quit posting content of any value here and took it to a private site.

When several others did the same thing then most of the value went away. With very little exception that I have found if there is no value in a product most people don't support it.

All the issues about the site being down and transitions are really just side effects. I would guess, if the powers that control this site pulled it back some and eliminated the element that add little or no value to the actual content of the site not only would it rebound to what it once was but it would flourish. There are sites in other areas that are very successful and have great content for new and old alike.
    Yeah, people like Dayna (Devaclis), you, Sasha and some others got tired of this place and went and made their own.....and took their entire crew with them. Dayna was huge for the south crew, and he went away a lot of people followed him. You (Gramps) were more with the old school members and racers, and I assume most of them left this for another place like the MRA boards. Sasha was basically the north unspoken leader and same thing....he took his crew with him too after getting tired of this place. Heck even the funny "fluff rider" crew of King Nothing, Bertha, Jenny etc are rarely ever on now....another crew gone!

My crew is gone and really only Barn and I are still here; BigJ and Hoopty probably haven't been on this site for years.

I admit I am to blame also because I just am not into riding like I was back in the day and currently do not have a bike, so I do gravitate to other topics. Honestly I just try to find things people want to talk about because I will leave for a hour and come back and see nobody has posted one thing.....so sad. That brings up a point of most the people that are complaining are also people who rarely start a new topic and that is all what a board is about.

I've almost given up making new posts because they usually get crapped on and people don't realize I was just trying to get some talk going.

P.S. Now we seem to have lost Chadwick.....wtf!

What's wrong with having the newest literbike? Save the literbikes!

Gold Member

I have to disagree with you guys. This site has always had a reputation of being... Well.... There's no point.

Moving on. This site is no different from the same kind of migration patterns as the riders on the street. The only difference in this site and the riders on the street is that there is no new blood coming in.

This place isn't friendly to new riders. Why would anyone want to come here make a mistake on a group ride and get bashed up and down about it?

People on this forum have always felt they are better than a lot of riders. Thus... You get townie. Gramps you should remember the term townie being used.

This board created me. Its the only forum I'm on these days. The attitudes that created me drove away a lot of other riders. Guys who still ride today.

I will agree with Nate about the topic of riding being beat to death. After ten years bikes haven't changed a whole lot. Sure you have abs and all that. When that first came out the forums were lit up about computers controlling the bike. Lol

To be honest man I kind of miss the days of kitty Friday and the post whore threads. People who came here to goof off and have a good time. Its a fucking internet forum. Why in the hell is it so serious?

These days it has to be all 100% serious about sport bikes and who won the last race and blah blah. Who fucking cares? Go ride. Go enjoy life. Come here to have a laugh. Townies being an idiot today. Lol what a dick. See... Not that hard.

Holy crap guys things have chilled way out compared to ten years ago. Bashed I know you still lurk. Tell me I'm lying.

Truth is once things got all serious that's when shit started to go down hill.

What's wrong with having the newest literbike? Save the literbikes!
    You have to understand this club was created to be a safer club the the ones at that time; Ruff Ryders, Street Soldiers, etc so we have always been about teaching a newbie pure skills and safety over a power of a bike. When you start out small and work your way up you normally have less of a chance at disaster because s smaller bike is less forgiving.

I will take the young girl recently "Thatgirlsydney"; she was maybe 21. She was encouraged to get a Honda 1000RR by people on this site and I was one of the few that spoke out and said she was over hear head and had plenty of time to move up.....I was flamed for it by many members! Well if you do not know she wrecked bad on that 1000RR and was in the hospital for a long time recovered from bad injuries. So yeah there is a point where a liter bike is too much; honestly I feel maybe 5% now could ride a 600 to its full potential.....older member Hoopty proved this when he would show a person that they could not beat him on a track with his small 650SV; it was all pure riding skill (so lucky he took me under his wing back then and taught me that; saying that I have rode sportbikes for 17+ years and still never felt the need to step up to a 1000cc....and believe me I was never left behind)

I also saw a good friend break his back and become paralyzed because he was riding a bike over his head...that is not something I can ever forget and really taught me it is not worth it just so I can say I have the newest fastest bike out there......as you grow up you realize "ego" doesn't mean as much.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    I have to disagree with you guys. This site has always had a reputation of being... Well.... There's no point.

Moving on. This site is no different from the same kind of migration patterns as the riders on the street. The only difference in this site and the riders on the street is that there is no new blood coming in.

This place isn't friendly to new riders. Why would anyone want to come here make a mistake on a group ride and get bashed up and down about it?

People on this forum have always felt they are better than a lot of riders. Thus... You get townie. Gramps you should remember the term townie being used.

This board created me. Its the only forum I'm on these days. The attitudes that created me drove away a lot of other riders. Guys who still ride today.

I will agree with Nate about the topic of riding being beat to death. After ten years bikes haven't changed a whole lot. Sure you have abs and all that. When that first came out the forums were lit up about computers controlling the bike. Lol

To be honest man I kind of miss the days of kitty Friday and the post whore threads. People who came here to goof off and have a good time. Its a fucking internet forum. Why in the hell is it so serious?

These days it has to be all 100% serious about sport bikes and who won the last race and blah blah. Who fucking cares? Go ride. Go enjoy life. Come here to have a laugh. Townies being an idiot today. Lol what a dick. See... Not that hard.

Holy crap guys things have chilled way out compared to ten years ago. Bashed I know you still lurk. Tell me I'm lying.

Truth is once things got all serious that's when shit started to go down hill.
    I agree with the seriousness if it all being taken too far; like you said it is a internet forum so why do people get so mad. I just made a joke to someone I swore was cool, then got bashed for it and tried to PM the person to work it out; nope they wanted to not let it go even when I went as far as being the bigger man and apologizing if my comment offended them. Now I have had this same talk with Townie (more than once) and we have always been able to work it out like two men and let that sh*t go; what is point of hating eachother. Maybe it is the lack of weekly functions that have hurt this place; at least then we knew we were going to see them at Brecks on Wednesdays and work it out or have to risk confronting them in person...who knows
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri May 8th, 2015 at 12:33 PM.

Interesting thoughts. In the beginning it very much was a family feel. Before it was a message board it was several of us that rode together and hung out together all the time. I would love to see this become like it was in the early days but I don't think that'll ever happen. Those times and people are gone. Life happens. Things change and evolve, not always for the better. I would be very surprised if this could be returned to its former glory. That said, there's obviously more people around then what we see in posts as the BBQ had a good turn out and support last year. I was pretty shocked that it did so well.

There is more activity in the Facebook group then here. The sad thing is I don't even know who most of those people are.

Some changes are definitely needed, new mods and admin would be a start. They only admin type that's really around with any frequency is born. Bob still puts things together but he's not on here much and Ralph once in a blue moon. I think most of these roles need to be reassigned. It needs more people taking more active roles. People setting up rides and social events. And by far more acceptance of new people.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I still like this site. It's not what it used to be, but nothing ever is. I still get out and ride, I meet new people, I see old timers. I piss off and call-out folks still, if they say something I don't agree with. We still (occasionally) get together for a social event. (I missed you guys [Gramps and Mdub] at the last night we had at The Breck)

Honestly it's a lot more like it used to be than people seem to give it credit for, but it's certainly not as "good" as that era was. At least not as regularly. Same medicine just a way different dosage.

Keep doing what you're doing on the site people, just don't forget to level it out with "real life" from time to time! Come out and ride when somebody posts. If you've been here a long time, make an effort to embrace the newbies, not to shield yourself from them and run away at the first stop sign we reach! Come to the BBQ. Throw a $15 donation to Ralph every year. Have a pre-parade breakfast.

The site is only as good as its active (and inclusive) participants and unfortunately we've all tended to become mostly "active" on the screen but not on the pavement. If you're keeping to yourself on Facebook, then you're as good as not-on-here. And if we don't counterweight all of this internet shit, with real life shit (which tends to be vastly better and more fun BTW) then well... don't be surprised by the outcome.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Can we do two BBQs this year ??!!!

oh and like every thread gets straight jacked here now huh. Lol hard to follow sometimes. This is Morrison ticket thread or something right.

Quote Originally Posted by One-ops View Post
    Can we do two BBQs this year ??!!!
    Fuckin'-A we can! Why not let's do three?

I'll start it off... Pool party/BBQ/UFC party at my place sometime in June or July. I'll buy a keg, and we can all and and eat, and enjoy the swimming girlies, and talk shit to each other trying to be funny. We'll watch the UFC and have a good time and whichever ones of you are up to it, you can even do some backyard grappling! Get your beefs out. It'll be just like the good old days if people aren't pussies! [Raise your hand if you were there when Stu and Big-J went randori on each other?]

So yeah. Count it.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Fri May 8th, 2015 at 03:41 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Fuckin'-A we can! Why not let's do three?

I'll start it off... Pool party/BBQ/UFC party at my place sometime in June or July. I'll buy a keg, and we can all and and eat, and enjoy the swimming girlies, and talk shit to each other trying to be funny. We'll watch the UFC and have a good time and whichever ones of you are up to it, you can even do some backyard grappling! Get your beefs out. It'll be just like the good old days if people aren't pussies! [Raise your hand if you were there when Stu and Big-J went randori on each other?]

So yeah. Count it.
    HELL YEAH!!! One of the biggest fights is in July too.....11th!

Which time...the time BigJ tapped out Stewie or the time BigJ stared puking......there for both!

What about the time Barn chock holed Briz all the way outside from inside the party for shooting him with whip cream. Doubt anyone but maybe JMetz or Sully remember that one

orrrrr the time Ashley fought some girl at a house party!!!
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri May 8th, 2015 at 04:12 PM.

In
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

or what about the time Damir finally lost it and blew up at us all because he was sick of being the nice guy.....wait that has not happen yet.......jk man....serious is a joke.

Meh fuck you guys anyway ... I like my green card and stay in this here the US of A lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    <Snip...> Which time...the time BigJ tapped out Stewie or the time BigJ stared puking......there for both!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    What about the time Barn chock holed Briz all the way outside from inside the party for shooting him with whip cream. Doubt anyone but maybe JMetz or Sully remember that on
    Whoa whoa who.... Time-out. I did not choke hold Brizz! He did get me with whipped cream, but I just walked him outside by the collar to talk. There was never any choke hold.
    Or "chock holed"
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Fri May 8th, 2015 at 04:48 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson