Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Record Attendance at Bandimere TnT

  1. #1
    Senior Member Husky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Morrison, CO
    Posts
    780

    Record Attendance at Bandimere TnT

    Bandimere had record attendance yesterday at their Test n Tune with over 350 racers and over "800" spectators. Lots of Street bikes, sport bikes and everything else from a snowmobile engine powered drag bike to a 7 second Willys Coupe.
    In Memory of my Pal Ike. Riding in the wind will never be the same without you!
    Chunky Beast Racing
    01 Turbo Busa#B813 8.6 @170.98 mph Bandimere
    Semi finalist Street Bike ET 2017 Bandimere
    1st Place Coys Street Machine ShowDown 2015
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2013 Julesburg, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2012 Julesburg, COl
    1st Place Friday Night Drags 2011 Pueblo, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2011 Pueblo, CO
    2017 SPONSORS
    A.P.E American Performance Engineering
    Diversity Cycles


  2. #2
    Member Ph03niX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    491

    Re: Record Attendance at Bandimere TnT

    I would of gone but I saw that all TEN lanes were used on the first opening day for it. So I decided to give it a couple of weeks to cool down. Looks like it may not cool down much

    I'd like to get my $30 worth of runs.. like at least 4 runs!
    06 GSXR 750

  3. #3
    Senior Member Moderator Spooph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Golden, CO.
    Posts
    883

    Re: Record Attendance at Bandimere TnT

    Damn! Missed some shit... And I'm like 10min away... Might have to put this on the calendar... Post up before, next time, eh?
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

  4. #4
    Gold Member madvlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    9,926

    Re: Record Attendance at Bandimere TnT

    Nice, haven't been out there in years
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

    2016 60th R1 - Garage mates to follow soon
    2002 Nissan Maxima SE 6SPD - 250k and still running strong

  5. #5
    Senior Member AOK303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lakewood/Morrison
    Posts
    1,806

    Re: Record Attendance at Bandimere TnT

    to be honest i think Test n tune has gone to shit, half the people there dont know what they are doing and are not trying to learn.
    it use to be only so you could prep for races/season tune out bugs, break in new parts or match up with someone you normally never would for braging right or settle a score
    now
    Its like a flea market mixed with a bad car show and tow lot
    I do feel bad for the people trying to use it for what it was meant for.
    i still know 30 to 40 people that show up constantly through out the season prepping.

    and recently thefts have been linked back since people see what you have in your cars from the pits. people actually paying like they are racing just to scope the pits ...

    its sad ive been going since the mid 80's worked a few events there and know a few of the owners family members for a long time, great people
    Last edited by AOK303; Fri May 1st, 2015 at 01:47 AM.
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

    07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

  6. #6
    Member Ph03niX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    491

    Re: Record Attendance at Bandimere TnT

    ^^^ Ahh good to know!

    I think the reason Bandimere has changed though is because the state is trying to get people to stop racing on the streets. They're telling everyone to go to the track. So every one and Jack are going without a clue on how to launch..

    I go like once or twice a year just to see if I can beat my previous time or that my vehicle hasnt taken a shit . I'd love to learn or get help on how to launch/shift/prep better but I have no idea to talk to..

    Thinking out loud though, I'm probably talking to the right guy

    9.1 seconds psshhhhhh hahaha that's so damn fast!
    06 GSXR 750

  7. #7
    Senior Member Husky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Morrison, CO
    Posts
    780

    Re: Record Attendance at Bandimere TnT

    Quote Originally Posted by Ph03niX View Post
    I would of gone but I saw that all TEN lanes were used on the first opening day for it. So I decided to give it a couple of weeks to cool down. Looks like it may not cool down much

    I'd like to get my $30 worth of runs.. like at least 4 runs!
    Yeah it was crazy bz for sure. If you get there right when it opens, you can get in 3-4 runs easy in the first couple hours before the herd shows up.
    In Memory of my Pal Ike. Riding in the wind will never be the same without you!
    Chunky Beast Racing
    01 Turbo Busa#B813 8.6 @170.98 mph Bandimere
    Semi finalist Street Bike ET 2017 Bandimere
    1st Place Coys Street Machine ShowDown 2015
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2013 Julesburg, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2012 Julesburg, COl
    1st Place Friday Night Drags 2011 Pueblo, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2011 Pueblo, CO
    2017 SPONSORS
    A.P.E American Performance Engineering
    Diversity Cycles


  8. #8
    Senior Member Husky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Morrison, CO
    Posts
    780

    Re: Record Attendance at Bandimere TnT

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooph View Post
    Damn! Missed some shit... And I'm like 10min away... Might have to put this on the calendar... Post up before, next time, eh?
    Yeah, I real close too. Right by the Home Depot off C470. They have a street bike race this Sunday, Test n Tune Tues and Wed.
    In Memory of my Pal Ike. Riding in the wind will never be the same without you!
    Chunky Beast Racing
    01 Turbo Busa#B813 8.6 @170.98 mph Bandimere
    Semi finalist Street Bike ET 2017 Bandimere
    1st Place Coys Street Machine ShowDown 2015
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2013 Julesburg, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2012 Julesburg, COl
    1st Place Friday Night Drags 2011 Pueblo, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2011 Pueblo, CO
    2017 SPONSORS
    A.P.E American Performance Engineering
    Diversity Cycles


  9. #9
    Senior Member Husky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Morrison, CO
    Posts
    780

    Re: Record Attendance at Bandimere TnT

    Quote Originally Posted by AOK303 View Post
    to be honest i think Test n tune has gone to shit, half the people there dont know what they are doing and are not trying to learn.
    it use to be only so you could prep for races/season tune out bugs, break in new parts or match up with someone you normally never would for braging right or settle a score
    now
    Its like a flea market mixed with a bad car show and tow lot
    I do feel bad for the people trying to use it for what it was meant for.
    i still know 30 to 40 people that show up constantly through out the season prepping.

    and recently thefts have been linked back since people see what you have in your cars from the pits. people actually paying like they are racing just to scope the pits ...

    its sad ive been going since the mid 80's worked a few events there and know a few of the owners family members for a long time, great people
    Sorry you had a bad experience. I too have been going since the 80's, never had anything stolen or tampered with. Always have open trailer compressors etc. Most the racers watch out for each other and they have several security vehicles continually cruising the pits. Hope you give it another shot.
    In Memory of my Pal Ike. Riding in the wind will never be the same without you!
    Chunky Beast Racing
    01 Turbo Busa#B813 8.6 @170.98 mph Bandimere
    Semi finalist Street Bike ET 2017 Bandimere
    1st Place Coys Street Machine ShowDown 2015
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2013 Julesburg, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2012 Julesburg, COl
    1st Place Friday Night Drags 2011 Pueblo, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2011 Pueblo, CO
    2017 SPONSORS
    A.P.E American Performance Engineering
    Diversity Cycles


  10. #10
    Senior Member Husky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Morrison, CO
    Posts
    780

    Re: Record Attendance at Bandimere TnT

    Quote Originally Posted by Ph03niX View Post
    ^^^ Ahh good to know!

    I think the reason Bandimere has changed though is because the state is trying to get people to stop racing on the streets. They're telling everyone to go to the track. So every one and Jack are going without a clue on how to launch..

    I go like once or twice a year just to see if I can beat my previous time or that my vehicle hasnt taken a shit . I'd love to learn or get help on how to launch/shift/prep better but I have no idea to talk to..

    Thinking out loud though, I'm probably talking to the right guy

    9.1 seconds psshhhhhh hahaha that's so damn fast!
    Thanks, but I'm far from being any expert and have made more mistake than I have learned, lol. I sure would be more than happy to give you a hand if you like. I always park in the pits just to the right of the staging lanes. White Dodge Truck, with Black enclosed trailer "says Chunky Beast Racing #B813
    In Memory of my Pal Ike. Riding in the wind will never be the same without you!
    Chunky Beast Racing
    01 Turbo Busa#B813 8.6 @170.98 mph Bandimere
    Semi finalist Street Bike ET 2017 Bandimere
    1st Place Coys Street Machine ShowDown 2015
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2013 Julesburg, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2012 Julesburg, COl
    1st Place Friday Night Drags 2011 Pueblo, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2011 Pueblo, CO
    2017 SPONSORS
    A.P.E American Performance Engineering
    Diversity Cycles


  11. #11
    Member Ph03niX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    491

    Re: Record Attendance at Bandimere TnT

    Quote Originally Posted by Husky View Post
    Thanks, but I'm far from being any expert and have made more mistake than I have learned, lol. I sure would be more than happy to give you a hand if you like. I always park in the pits just to the right of the staging lanes. White Dodge Truck, with Black enclosed trailer "says Chunky Beast Racing #B813
    I've seen you out there, I know there's definitely something I can learn from you! I think I saw you last year sometime when I first brought out the gsxr! How often do you go to TnTs?
    06 GSXR 750

  12. #12
    Senior Member Husky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Morrison, CO
    Posts
    780

    Re: Record Attendance at Bandimere TnT

    LOL, well if you saw me I was probably the guy that had his bike fall over or forgot to turn the air shifter on or some other genius move like that. I try to go as much as I can as I need as much seat time as I can get. I'm getting so old that hell I sometimes cant remember which is the brake or clutch. My bike is the black stretched busa that says "Something Wicked This Way Comes" on the tail. If you ever need a hand or tools etc. come over to the pits, be happy to help.
    In Memory of my Pal Ike. Riding in the wind will never be the same without you!
    Chunky Beast Racing
    01 Turbo Busa#B813 8.6 @170.98 mph Bandimere
    Semi finalist Street Bike ET 2017 Bandimere
    1st Place Coys Street Machine ShowDown 2015
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2013 Julesburg, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2012 Julesburg, COl
    1st Place Friday Night Drags 2011 Pueblo, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2011 Pueblo, CO
    2017 SPONSORS
    A.P.E American Performance Engineering
    Diversity Cycles


  13. #13
    Member Ph03niX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    491

    Re: Record Attendance at Bandimere TnT

    Yeah I recognized your bike from your signature. I'll see you around sometime! I have no idea when I'm going to go haha.
    06 GSXR 750

Similar Threads

  1. New Record
    By dm_gsxr in forum Nothing But Two
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Sun Dec 18th, 2011, 05:44 AM
  2. A record closing
    By mtnairlover in forum Non-Bike Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 08:34 PM
  3. New world record jump
    By Bueller in forum Dirt Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Tue Jan 1st, 2008, 11:58 AM
  4. A World Record
    By Lee in forum Pics and Videos
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Sat Feb 4th, 2006, 03:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •