Thread: don't get your home invaded.

Gold Member

don't get your home invaded.

https://bernalwood.wordpress.com/201...ur-parked-car/

Why do I bring this up? There is a product being sold around these parts that gives thieves easy access to your house.

So basically I bring this up because people enjoy having a garage door remote on their bike. While I will admit it is convenient it raises the risk to your home.

To be honest there is a million and one way to get in your house. The garage is the easiest. Don't make it easier.

Re: don't get your home invaded.

Hey man, I appreciate this post. Last week I started to park my race van on my street rather than a lot a mile away an had left the opener on the visor for a couple days before figuring out it was a bad idea. Got that thing hidden nicely in the creepy camouflage van now, so should be good.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Quote Originally Posted by WolFeYeZ View Post
    Hey man, I appreciate this post. Last week I started to park my race van on my street rather than a lot a mile away an had left the opener on the visor for a couple days before figuring out it was a bad idea. Got that thing hidden nicely in the creepy camouflage van now, so should be good.
    Thanks for posting this knowledge Townster!

Hidden is key.

If you are going to put a garage door remote on your motorcycle I would recommend putting it in a concealed spot. One of the cool things about Mo-Door is that it can literally be put anywhere. A few of our switches are so small that even if someone knew exactly where it was they still might miss it.

Mo-Doors are also great because instead of having your typical remote hanging from your cars visor you can put it in a secure hidden spot while keeping the activation button in the same location. It really is great for people that park their vehicles outside of their garage.

Check out www.Mo-Door.com for more info!

Last edited by Ezzzzy1; Thu May 7th, 2015 at 03:03 PM.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

I didn't read the article, but think I get what's being put down. I've heard them recommend that you only keep the registration in your car that does not have your home address listed for the same reason if the car has the garage door remote in it which makes sense. You get two copies of registration, one with your address listed and one that isn't. Idk about you, but I don't keep my registration or insurance on my bike, just hope it's in my wallet when it's needed. If your bike got stolen, you would know about it and could change your garage door opener long before they could find out your house is, I would think?

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Do people leave their house keys in their car??
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Do people leave their house keys in their car??
    Garage door opener. Same thing.

It's legal in CO to keep digital copies of your registration a d insurance. I keep a picture of them on my cell phone, and keep the paper copies at home.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Thanks for posting this knowledge Townster!

Hidden is key.

If you are going to put a garage door remote on your motorcycle I would recommend putting it in a concealed spot. One of the cool things about Mo-Door is that it can literally be put anywhere. A few of our switches are so small that even if someone knew exactly where it was they still might miss it.

Mo-Doors are also great because instead of having your typical remote hanging from your cars visor you can put it in a secure hidden spot while keeping the activation button in the same location. It really is great for people that park their vehicles outside of their garage.

Check out www.Mo-Door.com for more info!

Townster?? No prob sleez... I mean eeez.

Ezzzzy1 is telling the truth. I've had other serious bike guys not notice the mo-door til I point it out. And I don't even have it well hidden. A buddy has one as well and it's hard to find even if you know what you're looking for.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    Ezzzzy1 is telling the truth. I've had other serious bike guys not notice the mo-door til I point it out. And I don't even have it well hidden. A buddy has one as well and it's hard to find even if you know what you're looking for.
    Hey I hear the same thing about the hideakey. Found one on a car the owner didn't even know about. Used cars are fun. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    It's legal in CO to keep digital copies of your registration a d insurance. I keep a picture of them on my cell phone, and keep the paper copies at home.
    That's cool, however, if you get pulled over, what's the protocol to provide it to the LEO? Do you have to hand them your phone? Do you text them the photo?

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Hey I hear the same thing about the hideakey. Found one on a car the owner didn't even know about. Used cars are fun. Lol.
    Oh? Do share? Maybe my car has something like this that I should be aware of?

Awesome post, something I never thought about and will be addressing now...
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spooph View Post
    That's cool, however, if you get pulled over, what's the protocol to provide it to the LEO? Do you have to hand them your phone? Do you text them the photo?

Oh? Do share? Maybe my car has something like this that I should be aware of?

Awesome post, something I never thought about and will be addressing now...
    I'm not sure how to take this post....

If you get pulled over then just let the Officer know that those documents are on your cell phone. You will have to surrender your phone, the amount of time depends on the Officer. Personally I take a quick look, make sure the expiration date hasn't passed, and that the VIN number matches the car you're in, and hand the phone right back. It takes me a couple seconds, and I check it right from your car, I don't take your phone back to my car.

I don't ask for tegistration, when I stop you our computer dispatch program automatically pulls that up for me.

However in an accident, I have to record a bunch of information from your insurance, so I do need to take your phone back to my car.