Thread: Good insurance

Good insurance

I am sick of progressive, state farm, geico, or any of the major insurance companies.

I've been looking for Colorado only insurance companies or places that aren't really corporate.

I've been looking at Dairyland Insurance and they are giving me some killer deals on insurance policies. Anyone use or heard of them?

Anyone have someone they'd recommend that isn't a big name company?
    2014 Triumph Daytona 675r

Chocolate Thunder

Re: Good insurance

Wow, I just called this company to just check out rates and that is not a good rate. 2005 Nissan with no tickets and good driving record is $327 a month. I asked 3 times ok what did you say....wowza.

Is it made of gold?

I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

I already stated I hated progressive. They can suck on dez nutz.
    2014 Triumph Daytona 675r

Chocolate Thunder

No, they are a high risk insurance company. I was thinking 20 bucks a mnth, hell ya I am there. Will just stick with what I have.

Dairyland had the best rates for when I had my R1 under 25, they're pretty legit IMO. Allstate gave me $70/month on my SF covered to the bone and then some.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by Skitz View Post
    I already stated I hated progressive. They can suck on dez nutz.
    I was more pointing out that there was already an active thread on this subject.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Progressive is shit though
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    I was more pointing out that there was already an active thread on this subject.
    Dude don't argue. Just agree.

Progressive sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Dairyland had the best rates for when I had my R1 under 25, they're pretty legit IMO. Allstate gave me $70/month on my SF covered to the bone and then some.
    $70 a month? Is there a serious premium for a Ducati? I don't pay $70/month to cover two bikes with full coverage through State Farm and that is with a record that is by no means clear of speeding tickets.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post
    $70 a month? Is there a serious premium for a Ducati? I don't pay $70/month to cover two bikes with full coverage through State Farm and that is with a record that is by no means clear of speeding tickets.
    Maybe my age and the fact that my credit got ruined over bull hospital bills I'm sure that's why they overcharge me. My last speeding ticket was 3 years ago and 6 years before that.
    Last edited by madvlad; Sun May 17th, 2015 at 02:49 AM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I work at Nationwide insurance myself and have for the last 8 years and it is hit and miss for coverage as it is everywhere. I have no clue how they determine rates for each person. Even with my company discount its still more than every other carrier for me.

If you're looking for bike insurance I am with allstate and they have a great rate as far as I'm concerned. And it depends what year and bike. I have a ninja 636 with full coverage at $100 comp and $250 collision and $10000 on med pay and it is $360/year for it. For those trying to SAVE on their motorcycle insurance they usually dont get med pay coverage. That is the most expensive coverage to ad because it covers you and passengers for injuries. Because obviously if you own a bike and are hit there is a huge probability you will get injured so this covers me at $10000 and the same for my wife if she rides with me. Its the same as having that soverage on your car for which I have $25000 on my car. If you take off med pay or if you're quoting policies that's a very good coverage to have but will cost a lot to get. Comp coverage takes care of theft and falling trees, hitting a dog, hitting a deer, or hail. Comp is super cheap so always get the lowest deductible you can afford. On a car, comp covers broken windshields from rocks as well.

dairyland is what we call a high risk carrier. Meaning they cover people with typically bad records for minimal coverages who can't get insurance anywhere else. This is the same with Titan, anything with General on the end of it, Viking, sentry, to name a few. Meaning they sell only state minimum limits policies with lots of exclusions on what you re buying and they sell it for more money because people who NEED insurance and can't get it elsewhere are forced to go with them. Like people with lots of losses or tickets or DUI.

As a claims rep whenever I have a claim with a high risk carrier its always a minimal limits policy and there are always issues with the carriers since those who they cover are usually MIA or hard to reach or locked up!

If anyone ever need a better explanation let me know. I work in insurance and settle the high dollar injury files and have a good amount of knowledge on coverages and all that. Always able to help!
    Last edited by UHATEIT; Sun May 17th, 2015 at 07:28 AM.
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green