Thread: Mayweather: King of PPV's (#'s are in)

Mayweather: King of PPV's (#'s are in)

Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Re: Mayweather: King of PPV's (#'s are in)

Wait, didn't the Lesnar vs Mir PPV get more? let me see.....

EDIT: Nevermind, not even close; 1.6M views

Top Selling UFC PPVs of All-Time

1) UFC 100 – 1,600,000 buys

July 21, 2009
    Mandalay Bay Events Center
    Las Vegas, Nevada

Attendance: 10,871
    Gate: $5,128,490

Main Events:

UFC Heavyweight Championship Unification: Brock Lesnar (champ) vs Frank Mir (interim)
    UFC Welterweight Championship: Georges St-Pierre (champ) vs Thiago Alves
    Dan Henderson vs Michael Bisping

Gold Member

Now out of those boxing matches how many of them actually finished in a ko?

See I think part of the problem for ufc is they have a fight every couple of weeks. Boxing has big fights every couple of years.

The promoters do a damn good job hyping up the event. People come wanting to see this epic battle. But that's the job of the promoters. They did a good job. Lol

Hope he enjoys the payday for a shit fight. Heard Pacman gets a rematch in a year cause he was fighting injured
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Hope he enjoys the payday for a shit fight. Heard Pacman gets a rematch in a year cause he was fighting injured
    Lol after a big money event there is always a reason for the rematch.

But see I don't understand why guys do this to their fans. Go fight. Its your job. Why would you want your fans to make comments like this after spending money to watch you do your thing?

I would think as a fighter I wouldn't be able to walk around with my head up.

I could be extremely wrong but the last actual fight I think was when Tyson decided he was hungry.... Or at least the last entertaining fight. Lol

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I don't really care to watch boxing anymore to be truthful, but my Dad turned me onto this match. If you want to see a gooder, try and catch a rebroadcast of the Canelo Alvarez and James Kirkland "fight" from this past weekend. It was HBO's highest rated boxing match since 2006 with a 2.1M viewership. And boy did it deliver.

Enjoy if you watch it! =)
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Lol after a big money event there is always a reason for the rematch.

But see I don't understand why guys do this to their fans. Go fight. Its your job. Why would you want your fans to make comments like this after spending money to watch you do your thing?

I would think as a fighter I wouldn't be able to walk around with my head up.

I could be extremely wrong but the last actual fight I think was when Tyson decided he was hungry.... Or at least the last entertaining fight. Lol
    It's all about the money for athletes anymore. Mayweather wants to go out as the best, he has one more fight to do that and he plays fights safe to not risk money and or the title. It's pathetic, just like you said, it's their job to fight but strategy and money play a bigger role. It'd be nice to see a slug fest just without anything in between that'll hold it back.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Now out of those boxing matches how many of them actually finished in a ko?

See I think part of the problem for ufc is they have a fight every couple of weeks. Boxing has big fights every couple of years.

The promoters do a damn good job hyping up the event. People come wanting to see this epic battle. But that's the job of the promoters. They did a good job. Lol
    Does Mayweather ever finish fights? I don’t follow boxing that close, but the only one I can think of is when he cheap shotted Ortiz as he was apologizing. Other than that I can think of few…..actually very few since the Tyson days.

I agree and UFC does way too many fights now and it has made people not as interested. Like Saturday there was a great fight between Hunt and Stipe, but it was only on UFC Fight pass that you have to pay $9.99 a month for; so few people even knew or cared since they were really the only two big names on entire card. I miss old days where entire card was packed with big names. UFC just has too many fighters now; last I checked there were over 550+ signed currently to UFC (yes that many!)

Overall I would be surprised if these boxing numbers ever get beat; minus maybe a rematch of the two. I just don’t see any two fighter that draw attention like those two, so the huge PPV boxing numbers may be done; especially with Mayweather hinting about retirement.

And Mayweather just wants to go down as undeafeted so he is willing to win now matter what; decision or not I doubt he cares. Plus he is a defensive boxer (may be the best at it; anyone going in expecting a Mayweather fight to be a brawl does not know him). Manny cares about his fans, but I don’t get the feeling that Mayweather does that much….all about money for him!

I'd really like to say Manny takes this in a rematch (with a functioning rotator cuff), but I do feel it would be the same outcome; Mayweather wins by points in decision

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    I don't really care to watch boxing anymore to be truthful, but my Dad turned me onto this match. If you want to see a gooder, try and catch a rebroadcast of the Canelo Alvarez and James Kirkland "fight" from this past weekend. It was HBO's highest rated boxing match since 2006 with a 2.1M viewership. And boy did it deliver.

Enjoy if you watch it! =)
    Nice…thanks for he recommendation. Always like to see a good boxing match so will check that out later. Same with you, boxing just does not get me hyped anymore and I still much look forward to UFC matches now; use to be a huge boxing fan. So far Aldo vs McGregor is the one I am waiting on….already got a dinner bet that Aldo wins.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    <Snip...> Like Saturday there was a great fight between Hunt and Stipe <Snip...>
    Holy crap! I just got done watching that fight card! The main was a pretty one-sided beatdown, so that fight was pretty meh even if it did end in a TKO stoppage, but good god.... The rest of the fights on the "main" were fantastic! I won't spoil it for anybody, but some really great fights. I'll have to see if I can find the prelims too. If they are half as good as the main was, should definitely be worth watching!
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Holy crap! I just got done watching that fight card! The main was a pretty one-sided beatdown, so that fight was pretty meh even if it did end in a TKO stoppage, but good god.... The rest of the fights on the "main" were fantastic! I won't spoil it for anybody, but some really great fights. I'll have to see if I can find the prelims too. If they are half as good as the main was, should definitely be worth watching!
    Crazy fight and was pretty sad how bad Hunt looked (and how great Stipe looked; title shot soon?); rumor is (you know me and rumors Barn. lol) is that he barely trained for this fight.....and it showed (reminded me when i saw him fight live her in Denver; no cardio). Honestly at times I was amazed the ref did not stop it as i felt it could have been stopped in almost every round. I did not catch all the fights on the card since I do not have Fight Pass, but good to hear they were good. Although it is sad that there are such great fights but people go by the big names they hearso these fights get lost. So many times I watch prelims and they are better fights; those guys know they have to prove themselves to get on main card!

P.S You got a secret place to get these fights or do you have Fight Pass? Interested in them all now

After fight pic of Hunt:
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed May 13th, 2015 at 02:34 PM.

I just... um.... you know..... internet borrowed it.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I just... um.... you know..... internet borrowed it.
    You got a link you can send me or is it not one?

Not doing torrents anymore so I am pretty much screwed nowadays.

No big deal if not, just got me interested in those fights.

So Barn you for Aldo or Connor? You think Stipe should get a title shot soon; he lost to JDS, but if I remember right it was a close decision and think Stipe took that one short notice (or maybe his opponent was changed short notice)

Gold Member

Actually what I would be curious in seeing is year end totals. Who makes more at the end of the year. Boxing or mma. Now that's some homework. Lol.

Undercards can be some of the best fights. They actually want to prove something. Lol

I think that McGregor has a very real chance. As I'm sure you saw, he has been very dominating against very very good competition and he has nothing but confidence behind him. I think Aldo will have his hands full, no doubt.

And yes... I still use "The Bay" for my downloads.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Hope McGregor loses, cocky fuck... good fighter but his attitude is bitch made
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I usually don't like cocky guys but for some reason I like mcgregor. I don't knowif it's hesis accent or what but he is more funny than cocky in some ways. I like his fighting style too, unorthodox, kind of like Jones where stuff comes at you from all kinds of angles.

I think that McGregor has a very real chance. As I'm sure you saw, he has been very dominating against very very good competition and he has nothing but confidence behind him. I think Aldo will have his hands full, no doubt.

And yes... I still use "The Bay" for my downloads.
    See I am not sold on Conor yet. If he had went through Edgar, Chad, or even Cub I’d be more inclined to say he deserves a title shot. Yet his last fight was Siver…..come on a huge Siver fan, but beating him to get a title shot……pretty obvious that UFC helped out Conor to get a title shot because Ireland is such a huge draw.

I understand Conor has beat Holloway (decision), Brandao, and Dustin, but to me not a Edgar or a Chad level and wrestling is where Conor will most likely get beat. He has also lost twice, where Aldo has never lost (ok once in 2005, but we know he would destroy that guy now)and fought the best of the best.

Aldo’s wins impress me a lot: Mendes (twice), Lama, Edgar, Faber, Hominick, Florian, and Swanson…..doesn’t get much better than that in his weight class

Not saying this guy does not have skills, but to me this will be his first real test with Aldo. He beats Aldo I’ll give him the props he deserves…till then I wait.
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu May 14th, 2015 at 08:03 AM.

It's a bold move by the UFC to fast track him like this, but clearly McGregor wants it, the fans want it, and he's been winning convincingly. Plus it's a smart money play for the UFC to do this, instead of risking a loss for McGregor that lets out all the steam behind him. He wouldn't be the first hot shot upstart that the UFC got into the title picture so quickly, and I'll even go so far as to argue he may not deserve it based on having not fought all of those tip-tier gatekeepers you mentioned.

But I'm not going to lie... I'm excited to see it. I'm glad the fight is happening. And if he does beat Aldo, I won't be heartbroken over it. The UFC is in major need of a highly popular, polarizing, and borderline villainous champion. An heir to Brock Lesnar if you will. Hell... it even helps take some of the spotlight away from Jon Jones' fall from grace, until he can get his act together.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

It's a bold move by the UFC to fast track him like this, but clearly McGregor wants it, the fans want it, and he's been winning convincingly. Plus it's a smart money play for the UFC to do this, instead of risking a loss for McGregor that lets out all the steam behind him. He wouldn't be the first hot shot upstart that the UFC got into the title picture so quickly, and I'll even go so far as to argue he may not deserve it based on having not fought all of those tip-tier gatekeepers you mentioned.

But I'm not going to lie... I'm excited to see it. I'm glad the fight is happening. And if he does beat Aldo, I won't be heartbroken over it. The UFC is in major need of a highly popular, polarizing, and borderline villainous champion. An heir to Brock Lesnar if you will. Hell... it even helps take some of the spotlight away from Jon Jones' fall from grace, until he can get his act together.
    For sure it was a great move by UFC to get him this huge match so soon; 100% why they did it. In a way I do wish UFC followed more of tier schedule like other sports (NFL, NBA, etc) where is was based on who the next ranking was instead of had the biggest talk/hype. Yet I get they have to hype these fights since they are mostly PPV.

I agree that it would be great for the division if Conor own; Aldo has held that title too long and is not the “charismatic” personality that Conor is; which sells! Pretty sad when Aldo is the pound for pound best fighter (now that Jones is gone), but then you don’t hear average fans even know who he is. Has to be based on the fact he is a quiet guy that does not talk smack or promote himself all that much. Conor gets in there and that will change it all up. I wouldn’t be sad if he won because I know it would produce some epic fights. Win or lose I bet Conor gets Chad next….now that is a guy UI think is a bad matchup for Conor because of his superior wrestling and strength (KO power too)

I bet this is the most anticipated fight for UFC since the Broc days so it’s working for sure. The fight I look forward to the most…..although don’t forget Edgar vs Faber this weekend and that may be an epic fight too.