Quote Originally Posted by Zanatos View Post
I have nothing against free speech - but I don't think it's wise to let people from out of state who don't even ride hijack every thread, dominate every topic, troll, flame, and spam thousands of idiotic shitposts 24/7.

I enjoy meeting fellow motorcyclists here, finding out about rides and events, learning a little about technique, and repair/maintenance tips.

I would just ignore you-know-who - but he derails every thread in every topic. Putting an end to that kind of bullshit is where reasonable moderation could be valuable.
I'm going to have to jump in here. Unlike Townie, who decided to take a poll on whether or not to leave. I just decided to leave altogether, with little fanfare. Happened to come back on the site here in the last few days and wow, this place never disappoints that's for sure.

However, I'm going to have to call some BS on that statement Zanatos. I remember posting a thread on here in the "tech" section of the site. Had to do with suspension settings. The prime reason for the thread was to get people to share some of their settings for their bikes. Hopefully in a chance to help others out that might be interested in learning to adjust their bikes suspension.

You know what the resounding response was? "Take it to someone who does suspension setup."

No one offered their settings, yet several just said to take it to someone and have it done. I mean really?? What ever happened to taking some time with your bike and learning about compression and damping, rebound and sag? Yeah it's all great to take the bike to someone and have it done. However, what is wrong with learning for yourself on how your bike works? Playing around with adding millimeters of thread to your rear shock or taking some out, or pulling your fork tubes through your triple clamp by a few millimeters.

Yet if it has to do with Gear(helmets, suits, gloves, etc.), people come out of the woodwork to throw in their two cents. Oh yeah, you'll also get lambasted for offering websites that offer great deals on the same gear we can find locally. Because after all, it's somehow more ethical to support a brick and mortar, verses making your dollar work better for the buyer. I've said it before, if you find gear, parts or anything for a substantially less price(i.e. $200 cheaper), you'd be a complete dumbass for buying it locally, just because there is some inherent good feeling by buying local. I'm sorry, for me business is business and will always be business. I'm all about making my money stretch and working for me.

Another example of how this site lacks cohesion. Track days... On one side, you have people trying to get others to come to other tracks that aren't named HPR. Pueblo is struggling and we hear of how we should support it. Then people won't go there because of lack of proper staffing and medical on site.

You can't have it both ways, we are going to continue to lose tracks because the interest leaves them.

Which is why, I stopped posting about track days and just went to them myself. Honestly, I love having PMP to myself. It's nice being out there and having a track completely to myself. The most I've seen out there have been four bikes + myself. I can live with that, I let everyone spread out and jump in and circulate at will.

So when you people say you're interested in finding out about rides, events, track days, races, yadda, yadda, yadda. Others take it with a grain of salt. The bonafide interest just isn't there.

Lastly,

I'm not going to jump into the whole "flame war" mess. All I can say, is you people are adults. Can't you all solve these issues like adults???? I don't mean duke it out like a bunch of kids at a schoolyard fight. I mean being serious gentlemen about it and settling your differences like men. Only a fool resorts to violence as the first line of problem solving. In reality, it should be the last venue to explore in the means of rectifying any given situation. Sit down, discuss and problem solve like men. Stop acting like a bunch of girls on the rag and at each others throats.....

I'm out for good.......