Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If Moderators Did Their Job

Senior Member Moderator

If Moderators Did Their Job

If Moderators Did Their Job:
    The recent activity on this site would not be dominated by personal drama between members. These threads would have been deleted before they could gain traction and dominate the news feed. Also, any type of personal argument should have no place for the rest of the members to read. At the very least they should have been placed in a members only section similar to that of the Politics and Religion section. These drama threads may provide entertainment for some of us, but it probably turns a lot of people away. If discussions cannot maintain a semblance of respect, they should be gone. No questions asked. If people want to have a grudge match, they can do so through private messages. To sum it up, this place has been suffering with a disease because there are no moderators to keep it healthy.

Right now, these ridiculous threads are the first thing newcomers to the site get to see. It's possible that they may actually stick around longer if they saw sportbike-related content which, given the name of this once-upon-a-time club, was why they checked it out in the first place. Feel free to clarify if you still exist, moderators, what is the purpose of this site? Is it not meant to be a place where sportbike riders can discuss their passion for motorcycles and organize meets and rides? If that is its purpose, perhaps something should be done to make it that way again.

To close, I want to state that I am not trying to lay blame on anybody other than the moderators, or more-so, the lack thereof. Secondly, I am not attempting to establish any type of moral superiority as there have been occasions where I have been a nuisance on this site. I believe that I shouldn't have been able to get away with it. Third, all of this nonsense is getting out of hand and needs to be reigned in before the site ultimately implodes. Finally, my only wish is to see some semblance of order restored. I get it, its a free country and I can simply choose to not come here any more, which is probably what a lot of people do, but it is all on you, moderators, to determine what format you want your site to keep. If you want this place to be a welcome home for all sportbike riders, I suggest it's time call in new help and get to cleaning house.

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Re: If Moderators Did Their Job

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    If you want this place to be a welcome home for all sportbike riders, I suggest it's time call in new help and get to cleaning house.
    Are you volunteering?
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Are you volunteering?
    I might not be the best guy for the job, but if you need the help, I'll do what I can.

Gold Member

And you guys say they aren't around. Someone deleted stuff.

But can I vote for barn? He was a really good mod back in the day.

Is there drama? Obviously yes..... and always will be, just like any forum out there. But, I can say this, the people that I have talked to that have left the CSC (or no longer post), none, not a single person left to townie and his posts. It was all due to other people and reasons relating to the site in one form or another.

Chocolate Thunder

Well said.

Bob, I and obviously other members feel it's time for some changes in management as none of the current mods are on the site much at all. Maybe approach a few people that are frequently on here, see if they are interested in moderating and have a sit down.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

In a time previous, there was much moderating, many threads locked an posts deleted. The cry from the peanut gallery was of "over moderation" and "censorship".
    Can't please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    In a time previous, there was much moderating, many threads locked an posts deleted. The cry from the peanut gallery was of "over moderation" and "censorship".
    Can't please everyone.
    Clearly the answer to the problem is.... MODERATION!
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

I agree and now we're on the other end of the spectrum with no moderation. There is definitely a middle ground.

Maybe find out what made every other mod on here give up and fade away. Most were very active here until shortly after their appointment.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Maybe find out what made every other mod on here give up and fade away. Most were very active here until shortly after their appointment.
    Rybo and Mel come to mind.

Rybo moved out of state and I don't think Mel has had a bike in at least the last 5 years (I could be wrong though).

Incognito moderator?

I have nothing against free speech - but I don't think it's wise to let people from out of state who don't even ride hijack every thread, dominate every topic, troll, flame, and spam thousands of idiotic shitposts 24/7.

I enjoy meeting fellow motorcyclists here, finding out about rides and events, learning a little about technique, and repair/maintenance tips.

I would just ignore you-know-who - but he derails every thread in every topic. Putting an end to that kind of bullshit is where reasonable moderation could be valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Are you volunteering?
    I'm tempted just to see if we can turn this thing around.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    I'm tempted just to see if we can turn this thing around.
    Same, do I need to sit my ass down at a computer or just mobile?

I do agree that the public display of the dumb is ridiculous and pretty over the top. It's fine to give a bit of crap to our peers but more than that should be handled in another place. More than one party is at fault for feeding the beast.

I wasn't here in the "good ole days" but I'm glad the club/site was here because I've met people that have pointed me in the right direction.....or came looking for my slow ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanatos View Post
    I have nothing against free speech - but I don't think it's wise to let people from out of state who don't even ride hijack every thread, dominate every topic, troll, flame, and spam thousands of idiotic shitposts 24/7.

I enjoy meeting fellow motorcyclists here, finding out about rides and events, learning a little about technique, and repair/maintenance tips.

I would just ignore you-know-who - but he derails every thread in every topic. Putting an end to that kind of bullshit is where reasonable moderation could be valuable.
    I'm going to have to jump in here. Unlike Townie, who decided to take a poll on whether or not to leave. I just decided to leave altogether, with little fanfare. Happened to come back on the site here in the last few days and wow, this place never disappoints that's for sure.

However, I'm going to have to call some BS on that statement Zanatos. I remember posting a thread on here in the "tech" section of the site. Had to do with suspension settings. The prime reason for the thread was to get people to share some of their settings for their bikes. Hopefully in a chance to help others out that might be interested in learning to adjust their bikes suspension.

You know what the resounding response was? "Take it to someone who does suspension setup."

No one offered their settings, yet several just said to take it to someone and have it done. I mean really?? What ever happened to taking some time with your bike and learning about compression and damping, rebound and sag? Yeah it's all great to take the bike to someone and have it done. However, what is wrong with learning for yourself on how your bike works? Playing around with adding millimeters of thread to your rear shock or taking some out, or pulling your fork tubes through your triple clamp by a few millimeters.

Yet if it has to do with Gear(helmets, suits, gloves, etc.), people come out of the woodwork to throw in their two cents. Oh yeah, you'll also get lambasted for offering websites that offer great deals on the same gear we can find locally. Because after all, it's somehow more ethical to support a brick and mortar, verses making your dollar work better for the buyer. I've said it before, if you find gear, parts or anything for a substantially less price(i.e. $200 cheaper), you'd be a complete dumbass for buying it locally, just because there is some inherent good feeling by buying local. I'm sorry, for me business is business and will always be business. I'm all about making my money stretch and working for me.

Another example of how this site lacks cohesion. Track days... On one side, you have people trying to get others to come to other tracks that aren't named HPR. Pueblo is struggling and we hear of how we should support it. Then people won't go there because of lack of proper staffing and medical on site.

You can't have it both ways, we are going to continue to lose tracks because the interest leaves them.

Which is why, I stopped posting about track days and just went to them myself. Honestly, I love having PMP to myself. It's nice being out there and having a track completely to myself. The most I've seen out there have been four bikes + myself. I can live with that, I let everyone spread out and jump in and circulate at will.

So when you people say you're interested in finding out about rides, events, track days, races, yadda, yadda, yadda. Others take it with a grain of salt. The bonafide interest just isn't there.

Lastly,

I'm not going to jump into the whole "flame war" mess. All I can say, is you people are adults. Can't you all solve these issues like adults???? I don't mean duke it out like a bunch of kids at a schoolyard fight. I mean being serious gentlemen about it and settling your differences like men. Only a fool resorts to violence as the first line of problem solving. In reality, it should be the last venue to explore in the means of rectifying any given situation. Sit down, discuss and problem solve like men. Stop acting like a bunch of girls on the rag and at each others throats.....

I'm out for good.......
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zanatos View Post

Omg just give it a fucking break. I'm derailing what? I tried to keep the shit to one post. You joker and sparkles are taking this shot to every thread.

SHUT THE FUCK UP

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Great thread, will read again.

Bye TBK!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Gold Member

Fuck bk is out? Well this place just lost out big time.

Senior Member Moderator

Personally, I'd like to see this site get back to the basics. If it isn't related to motorcycling, gtfo. There is plenty of excess fat that could be trimmed off this hog, and it would make the site easier to manage. But that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Drano; Mon May 18th, 2015 at 10:39 PM.

^^^+1

Rides/tech or gtfo
    06 GSXR 750

That's a little extreme. No forum I've been on is only that subject all of the time.