Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: How do we save PMP?

Re: How do we save PMP?

A bit of media may help to attract a few riders. http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/05/26...-rider-clinic/

Still won't convince many to try. But any help is favorable.
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

PMP also has as much free shade as HPR, just no carports available for rent. But they have the free picnic area just like HPR does.

Sunset rider clinic should be part of a track day/lapping day or even be available as part of the RMRS. Ridesmart in TX goes over the same stuff with the novice group and it's mandatory. They offer training up to race group. Instructors are on track as well. Key word INSTRUCTORS.

I like to compare PMP to Hallett raceway in OK. If you're complaining about PMP, go ride Hallett for a day.... The funny thing is, Hallett fills up every track day and they have to turn people away. $120 a day I think is what they charge. Hallett pulls in the CMRA crowd and has the Dallas area population to pull from too, so they have a lot more people to try for. Keep in mind, this track is literally out in the middle of nowhere. Most have to drive several hours to get there. One thing they do have that stands out is their own instructors. Key word, INSTRUCTORS.

Now for the MRA. I know they have the superstreet class and force the members to help with the riders. Nice attempt, but not working. Superstreet is mainly just a group of racers that didn't get the license in time.

I guess what I'm trying to say is new riders get discouraged and there's nobody there to turn them in a different direction. So they keep going the same way... away from the track. They need someone there to help them, someone dedicated to instruction. Sometimes just another set of eyes to follow them a couple of laps is all they need. These new riders are the future of the sport and we're brushing them off.

Instructors don't have to be racers either. Just because you're a racer doesn't mean your an instructor, and vice versa. I guess if you can't do, teach! haha

When I first moved here (pueblo) I was so excited there was a decent track in town. Coming from AR, I had to drive 5+ hrs no matter what track I went to. I would hate to see it go away.

How was the MRA turn out at Pueblo for round 3? It seemed to be really good.
    Chatting with some of the racers and the general consensus was that they loved the track. Even saying that pueblo is smoother than HPR.

Any chance of the MRA doing more rounds here andnot just at HPR?
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR
    1987 buick grand national
    '06 GSXR 750. Race Track. Everyday Commuter. Long distance tourer. Sold

Pueblo should be smoother then HPR, it was replaced in late 2011 or early 2012 I think. HPR's surface is now 6.5 years old. Also HPR gets used on average 5 days a week during the summer.
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

HPR is definitely starting to feel a bit bumpy these days. Especially that new strip as you tip over to the right going down the hill in turn 9. The bike was moving underneath me a ton. Still fun

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    HPR is definitely starting to feel a bit bumpy these days. Especially that new strip as you tip over to the right going down the hill in turn 9. The bike was moving underneath me a ton. Still fun
    Turn 2 at HPR, the long right before the kink to the back stretch, has a bump midway through the turn that unsettles me every time. Would be an awesome turn if not for that plumbing line that runs underneath or whatever it is.