Thread: Sidi boot fitting questions

Sidi boot fitting questions

I bought a new set of Sidi Vortice Air boots and when I tried them on I must have only tried on the left one, because now with both on the right on is just a hair to small on my toes. Would it be better to get boots in the next size up and use thicker socks? Or is there any advice for helping these fit better? They don't fit uncomfortably on the bike, although I have only sat on my bike with them, they have not seen a ride yet. How comfortable are they supposed to be??? Any advice is appreciated!
    2011 GSXR 600, #556 Novice
    2002 Honda 954rr
    2009 Honda Ruckus 200cc stroked with nitrous
    1989 Mirage aka "The Black Widow" (fast)

Re: Sidi boot fitting questions

Is it too short when you put them on without anything cinched down? I thought my right one was too short as well, got fairly uncomfortable, but later realized I just cinched down the first adjuster near front of boots a click or two too tight.

So you got the mag-1 and vortice???

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

I would go and try on the next size up with different socks and see what works best. Cinch them down, walk around, sit down, get into riding position, then choose. I know my Astars did stretch some but my Sidi's will not.
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Slo, I got the Vortice Air's. They are tight at the cinching points, my toe nail can scratch the end of the boot, so my toes end up staying crunched while I was wearing them around my house sitting and walking around with the leathers on.... The next size up was loose to the point that my ankle did not feel supported and would stay in the boot, with regular socks on.

I mean as long as they are comfortable on the bike is the main thing, but if they are painful off the bike I would rather not use them on the bike and find out they hurt, then not be able to return them or sell them, you know?
    2002 Honda 954rr

ouch..... hope your nails are well trimmed lol

Quote Originally Posted by Redline View Post
    Slo, I got the Vortice Air's. They are tight at the cinching points, my toe nail can scratch the end of the boot, so my toes end up staying crunched while I was wearing them around my house sitting and walking around with the leathers on.... The next size up was loose to the point that my ankle did not feel supported and would stay in the boot, with regular socks on.

I mean as long as they are comfortable on the bike is the main thing, but if they are painful off the bike I would rather not use them on the bike and find out they hurt, then not be able to return them or sell them, you know?
    I would recommend a different riding boot. Sidi's run narrow and can be REALLY uncomfortable for some people. Have you looked at other options like Dainese, Puma, Spidi, Astars, Cortech? Do you really need these high end riding boots? Are you planning on racing or just riding the street? I'm not trying to steer you away from them, but it sounds like they're really not working for you.
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

That's a trip! I've always had Sidi and I tried on some at performance and the right boot was super tight! I tried the Vortice and fusion. It was so bad I don't know what to do, now. Guess I'll be switching brands.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

those are some bad-ass looking boots. i would ignore the discomfort and ride. once you are rolling you will forget about the annoying pain.

No you won't ... the boots new will take a minute to break in and what not but if the boots don't fit you well what's the point of spending over $200 on such?
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

spending $450! Not $200... I would try them out if they were that cheap! Yes Slo, nails are well trimmed

I am planning on racing the super street class if I can get some boots soon. And I ride the canyons often enough to spend some more money on safety. At some point if I am good enough I would like to join the MRA and start actually competing. I have tried the spidi and the Alpinestars, and neither were as comfortable as these. They fit great on my left foot, just not my right foot I have a narrow foot so that is the best thing about the Sidi boots is how narrow they are. The problem with these is the heel to toe length inside the boot on only one boot. I don't think there going to get much better riding as the material is so rock solid around the toe, not much give, like a steel toe boot...

Does anyone just run thinker socks or is that not a good option? I might just have to ride with them and try it out. It will just suck when walking around...
    2002 Honda 954rr

????
    2002 Honda 954rr

Jared, Sully may have some nylons for you to try out?

Did you try a Shoe shoe stretcher, Alot of soccer shoes and football cleats use that method for the toe you have to leave it for a few days it does work though.
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

noooo I don't wear those! I may have some tights tho

I actually wear a long thin sock or a short footie
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

I have a pair of Sidi's and have the same problem. They are a perfect fit except my little toes get squashed. I am going to see if a shoe and boot repair place can stretch them a bit.

Marc
    84 R100RS LE, 14 Ducati MTSGT, 18 Desert Sled, 73 850 Commando, 78 CT90, 14 Ural, 74 Eldorado police, 64 R50/2, 01 DRZ400E, 94 900SS/CR, 77 HD XLCR, 2011 T100, 63 MG Falcone', 75 Ducati 860GT, 2015 Royal Enfield Classic Chrome, 2009 XR1200, 1944 Nimbus, 1989 GB500 https://lomaxcm.smugmug.com/