Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: UPDATED TIME AND MEETING SPOT!!! ride 6/13

Re: UPDATED TIME AND MEETING SPOT!!! ride 6/13

Yea, we'll see what they can work out for me but if they take my license it'd be bullshit given I haven't had a ticket in a while and I really don't ride fast most of the time. This shit blows
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

They won't take your license. At there least you should be able to plea bargain it down. It may be worth a lawyer consultation. You can also try setting it for trial as often times the officer will not show up and the case gets dismissed.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

But if he does show up then it'll be full points and that'll be a party
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

You have to go to Loveland for this appearance, correct?
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

The ticket shows 12 points, Addy is 1777 6th st in Boulder.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

holy mother of
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Yea... if they don't drop it, the bike is going bye bye cause I'm not going to pay the insurance they'll stick me with. To think this is my first speeding ticket in the canyons and only 2nd on a bike since I've been riding... one decision and what a nightmare and I was riding slow almost the whole ride too but of course they never pull over the asshole bicyclists that haul aas down the road
    Last edited by madvlad; Mon Jun 15th, 2015 at 01:01 PM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    They won't take your license. At there least you should be able to plea bargain it down. It may be worth a lawyer consultation. You can also try setting it for trial as often times the officer will not show up and the case gets dismissed.
    According to the twenty cops that live in my neighborhood, they say ALL departments have a mandatory policy of their officers showing up for court. From my own experience and the information from professionals in the field, the days of scheduling your court day on the cops day off or hoping he doesn't show up ended in the '80s.

I don't get tickets anymore, so I really don't know for sure. That's just what the cops I know say.
    Last edited by Kim-n-Dean; Mon Jun 15th, 2015 at 01:27 PM.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Tom - How did I miss you guys at the Starbucks on Saturday morning? I remember the Euro group coming over to the 7-11 and the guy on the Triumph talked with us briefly but your group gathered up from there and left before we did.
    Andy, Mike, Kevin and I left pretty early to get out of the way before all the other groups got going. We must have just missed you chicka. That's a shame I would have def. come over to say hello.

Next time.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Bummer!!!! I think I arrived around 8:25am-ish on Saturday. That must have been the late crew that stopped by to chat. How was your ride?
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

If you exceed the following in the below rolling time frames, your license is subject to revocation and you will receive your letter from the Dept. of Revenue asking you to come pay them a visit...
    12 points in 12 months or 18 points in 24 months.

Again though, note my use of the word "exceed". Your license is still fully valid if you have (0) points to give. And if I may quote Brick Top from the most excellent film SNATCH...

You're on thin fucking ice my pedigreed chums; and I shall be under it when it breaks. Now fuck off.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Mon Jun 15th, 2015 at 03:42 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Damir... If you really do want to talk to a lawyer, I have one that I'd argue is better than any other you'll find in this state. To be truthful though, I doubt you need one.

Go in to your arraignment on the scheduled date. Talk to the assistant-whoever prosecutor that will review the police report and maybe offer you a disposition. Do not expect them to just do it just because you think they've reviewed your driving record. Talk to them and tell them that you were trailing the pack, explain to them what "sweeping" means and you might get some brownie-points. They'll probably even realize that somebody ahead got popped for the speed on the ticket but you got the shit-end. They may even empathize with the fact you were trying to trail the group for safety reasons. When you're in the office speaking to person, try to have as thorough of a conversation as possible about the whole thing. Get them invested in the circumstances, don't let them color by numbers.

My guess is that if you play the diplomacy game well, you'll probably get the whole thing reduced to a 6 point speeding, or even maybe a lesser-point moving violation with some fine and court costs to pay. If your record is really as spotless as you say, ASK THE PROSECUTOR what can be done to minimize the punishment. Silence often reflects guilt and acceptance to these people when they are reviewing case after case after case. Make sure you engage them and explain the situation and offer contrition AND ASK FOR THEM TO CONSIDER LENIANCY! You might luck out with a 3-point defective equipment.

Either way, good luck and let me know if you wanna talk to my gal!
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Mon Jun 15th, 2015 at 03:40 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Did you get multiple violations? If so they usually drop the others if you plea guilty on the biggest single, one way or the other they will offer you a deal before you ever see a judge, you can accept it or plea not guilty for a continuance, then get a lawyer.
    12 point ticket(s) will probably net you 6 pts. + fines and court costs. You might get an option to lower points more with a driving/safety course.

The Law Tigers website says they offer free legal advice on all motorcycle-related legal matters: http://www.lawtigers.com/#top

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Bummer!!!! I think I arrived around 8:25am-ish on Saturday. That must have been the late crew that stopped by to chat. How was your ride?
    It was good. We went golden gate/peak to peak/ 7 and avoided the troopers that were evidently there later on Sat. I heard there were quite a few officers on 7 Sunday as well. How was your outing?

Sounds like everyone better avoid 7 for a bit.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S