Thread: Bazzaz tuner?

Bazzaz tuner?

Anyone used a Bazzaz tuner on their bike? I have never heard of it before, how does it compare to the Power Commander?
    2011 GSXR 600, #556 Novice
    2002 Honda 954rr
    2009 Honda Ruckus 200cc stroked with nitrous
    1989 Mirage aka "The Black Widow" (fast)

Re: Bazzaz tuner?

Bazzaz

They both offer different advantages. I think Bazzaz is easy to work with, epsecially if you get the AFM version. I've had the Bart dude at Mad Moto tune 3 of my bikes now. An '08 Super Duke R and an '08 Husqvarna SMR450 with power commanders, and a '14 R6 with Bazzaz. If you're taking it to someone, ask them what they prefer

What are you trying to accomplish?
    Last edited by tecknojoe; Thu Jun 11th, 2015 at 08:00 AM.

+1 for Bazzaz. I've used both and had great experiences with both. The AFM with the bazzaz is easier to use than on the power commander in my opinion.

They both will accomplish the task. The PC has broader aftermarket support, particularly if you aren't going to do a custom map on an eddy current dyno. The Bazzaz has some advantages if you have need for multiple maps. Both offer the capability of adding autotune mapping, but the Bazzaz autotune is not functional below 3000 rpm (irrelevant on a race bike, but nice on a street bike).
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

My 954 has PCIII, but the 600 is mainly for the track so I am fine with the above 3k rpm tune. Both will get custom tuning on a dyno. The one I am looking at is the AFM with wideband included. Can you add the same accessories such as strain shifter and timing control?
    2011 GSXR 600, #556 Novice
    2002 Honda 954rr
    2009 Honda Ruckus 200cc stroked with nitrous
    1989 Mirage aka "The Black Widow" (fast)

The PC-V has integral quickshift capability,as does the Bazzaz. I don't remember if either is set up for a strain gauge shifter out of the box, but I know that Dynojet's shift sensors are single acting switches. On the PC, ignition timing adjustment requires a separate module on most bikes(including your CBR). The autotune kits for both are about the same cost, and use identical O2 sensors. Really, it comes down to what your dyno guy is more comfortable working with. The Bazzaz (depending on the model) may be more capable for a race application, as it may have traction control features and such, but the vast majority of riders won't be able to use those capabilities to the fullest.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"