Thread: Deer Reminder

Chocolate Thunder

Deer Reminder

Thought I would report this since one of our own yesterday hit a deer or the hairy bastard hit him. Not sure if he wants anyone to know so will let him speak out.
    The one thing this doesnt talk about is rain and deer, they are more likely to be out in public areas when it is raining because they cant hear well with the rain. Please be on the look out....
    1) Nothing is for sure with regards to deer.
    2) Driving by without making any changes, no throttle change, no speed change, no swerve, will 90% of the time at most make the deer raise its head to look at you.
    3) The other 10% of the time is the problem.
    4) Deer can be anywhere at any time.
    5) Deer get little traction on asphault.
    6) Horns make deer panic, go insane, or do any number of really stupid things, including the cartoonish start to a run, where all legs and hooves are flying every-which-way and no progress is made for the first five seconds.
    7) If you see a deer cross in front of you, pay particular attention to its eyes and ears. If it looks back or if its ears are pointed back, there is almost certainly another one following. Don't look at the deer that crossed, scan for others. (target fixation can get you here)**Make use of your emergency stopping technique. (always know if someone is close behind that may run you over... it IS their fault, but it IS your body that loses) The best cure is to scrub off as much speed as possible. Since you don't know about the 10% problem, the only way to play the roulette game is to bail out of the game... slow down fast! If the deer is in the road.. don't swerve, put all of your usable traction into slowing down, not swerving, as you have no idea where the deer will be once you are upon it. If you do, could you please send me some lottery numbers? I feel the best odds of surviving is to take the hit straight up. I know a 'lot' of people who have hit deer and never gone down. I know only a few that went down. I know of several who went down trying successfully missing the deer, but were worse off than hitting the deer. The slower you are going, the less the impact force.
    9) Don't follow your buddy too close in deer country. Give him plenty of room to use the emergency stop.
    10) If the deer is suddenly there, and you have no time to slow down, make no changes and pray that it will be one of the 90% deer and not be concerned with you.
    11) Practice your emergency braking before you need it and do it often.
    12) Deer hunt as often as possible and/or lobby for longer seasons or more tags.*
    Last edited by Drama2; Fri Jun 12th, 2015 at 08:29 AM.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Taste the rainbow...B*itch
    http://www.pajiba.com/videos/awesome...inbow-btch.php

Re: Deer Reminder

Animals are always my main concern when riding. couple years ago a deer came out the woods up in N. wyoming torpedoed my truck...damage both driver side doors...

Quote Originally Posted by Drama2 View Post
    Thought I would report this since one of our own yesterday hit a deer or the hairy bastard hit him. Not sure if he wants anyone to know so will let him speak out.
    The one thing this doesnt talk about is rain and deer, they are more likely to be out in public areas when it is raining because they cant hear well with the rain. Please be on the look out.....
    ngs.
    1) Nothing is for sure with regards to deer.
    2) Driving by without making any changes, no throttle change, no speed change, no swerve, will 90% of the time at most make the deer raise its head to look at you.
    3) The other 10% of the time is the problem.
    4) Deer can be anywhere at any time.
    5) Deer get little traction on asphault.
    6) Horns make deer panic, go insane, or do any number of really stupid things, including the cartoonish start to a run, where all legs and hooves are flying every-which-way and no progress is made for the first five seconds.
    7) If you see a deer cross in front of you, pay particular attention to its eyes and ears. If it looks back or if its ears are pointed back, there is almost certainly another one following. Don't look at the deer that crossed, scan for others. (target fixation can get you here)**Make use of your emergency stopping technique. (always know if someone is close behind that may run you over... it IS their fault, but it IS your body that loses) The best cure is to scrub off as much speed as possible. Since you don't know about the 10% problem, the only way to play the roulette game is to bail out of the game... slow down fast! If the deer is in the road.. don't swerve, put all of your usable traction into slowing down, not swerving, as you have no idea where the deer will be once you are upon it. If you do, could you please send me some lottery numbers? I feel the best odds of surviving is to take the hit straight up. I know a 'lot' of people who have hit deer and never gone down. I know only a few that went down. I know of several who went down trying successfully missing the deer, but were worse off than hitting the deer. The slower you are going, the less the impact force.
    9) Don't follow your buddy too close in deer country. Give him plenty of room to use the emergency stop.
    10) If the deer is suddenly there, and you have no time to slow down, make no changes and pray that it will be one of the 90% deer and not be concerned with you.
    11) Practice your emergency braking before you need it and do it often.
    12) Deer hunt as often as possible and/or lobby for longer seasons or more tags.*
    Great info man. Use that enter key though!
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Or stupid racoons... it's a "she" btw lol
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Chocolate Thunder

Thank you, but no biggie, I know I was in a rush to post.
    Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Or stupid racoons... it's a "she" btw lol

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Taste the rainbow...B*itch
    http://www.pajiba.com/videos/awesome...inbow-btch.php

Oh no that is terrible news for one of our riders on here. I would be curious to know who it was but obviously would leave it be and not pry. Hopefully they are ok!
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Well if the government would just listen to this lady.. Gosh.

ORIGINAL - Please Move The Deer Crossing Sign. HI…: https://youtu.be/RFCrJleggrI
    Oh man, that is one of my favorite recordings. Now you are being a constructive member of CSC. A+ Townie. (No sarcasm)
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Well if the government would just listen to this lady.. Gosh.

ORIGINAL - Please Move The Deer Crossing Sign. HI…: https://youtu.be/RFCrJleggrI
    Oh yeah Ive seen that before, great video! The lady is a fucking idiot

EDIT: no shit there is a Part 2 of that video!
    Last edited by UHATEIT; Fri Jun 12th, 2015 at 02:24 PM.
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Here we go again...
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Nice... I gave this thread 10 posts before it got derailed.

25 seconds and again in slow motion at 30. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDPFCsRHMrw
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook