Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canyon etiquette

Re: Canyon etiquette

so i should stop riding with no pants and standing up pointing to my bare ass as i fly by to people?
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Cagers are pussies, or else they would be on motorcycles
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

I get swerved at,flipped off and honked at all the time. This why I love starting early. Risk vs Reward. I like to do my thing with the least amount of drama.
    May never meet or ride with most of you because most have a hard time making 0900 start let alone 7 or earlier. Warmer it gets the earlier we start. Plus a found a good happy hour deal to make it to. lol

As with most things, I think this comes down to scope. Cagers usually don't have the scope of just how fast these bikes are, and what might look like a dangerous pass is in fact perfectly safe from the motorcycle. Another huge issue is the lack of driver's education and ability, as well attention dedicated to driving. As motorcyclists we tend to give 100% since we're so vulnerable, cagers rarely, ever do that. In my group of non-riding friends for instance, I'm the only one who can go through traffic smoothly, without using the brakes, hit mostly green lights and am rarely presented with a situation I wasn't prepared for and have already acted on. Cages just don't get it. Being in a box will do that to your brain...

Having said that, public roads are just that, public, and the idiotic masses are the majority occupants. Do we ride to their level and be bored most of the time, or do we do what we know is reasonable and perpetuate the stereotype? There seems to not be an easy choice...
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    The Harley riders were just trying to keep their air-cooled motors cooler by moving.

Seriously, I think Cali riders for the most part, ride pretty well in traffic; they know how to lane split without being jerks. Never had a problem when we rode out there. The asshat types like above exist everywhere. We ran into some "fluff ryder" types in STL, Icon vests and chrome helmets, bouncing off their rev limiters on the freeway.
    Is there anything wrong with liking to hit the rev limiter except for shifting too late for power?

A few days ago, I was riding at the speed of traffic to get on 36. I hit a stop light, and stopped at the corner/behind and to the side of the vehicle in front of me as normal so if anyone doesn't see me at least I don't end up paralyzed from waist down.. dude must have been having a bad day, was scowling at me in his mirror and flipping me off

And I agree with spooph, people don't give credit for how fast or maneuverable a bike is. That, but mostly the whole road attitude of people in the U.S. who have to take everything so personally.
    Last edited by GMR; Wed Jun 24th, 2015 at 11:54 AM.

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

Quote Originally Posted by GMR View Post
    Is there anything wrong with liking to hit the rev limiter except for shifting too late for power?
    To me it's just annoying when people do it, there is no need to do it cruising around town. Most of the people doing it aren't accelerating to the rev limiter, they pull the clutch in and wrap it out (on most of my bikes accelerating to the rev limiter means breaking traffic laws). Similar to the cruiser riders with the pipes so loud it's painful to be around. Again you are just annoying people who might take it out on the next person they see riding a motorcycle.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Quote Originally Posted by One-ops View Post
    I get swerved at,flipped off and honked at all the time. This why I love starting early. Risk vs Reward. I like to do my thing with the least amount of drama.
    May never meet or ride with most of you because most have a hard time making 0900 start let alone 7 or earlier. Warmer it gets the earlier we start. Plus a found a good happy hour deal to make it to. lol
    New happy hour spot?? Right on I had one of my best alone rides ever last summer when I left the house at 5:30 to hit the mountains, was truly awesome! I love waking up early to do fun shit, but can barely get out of bed when I have to go to work.... weird how that works!

I have put a enormous dent in the sliding rear door of a minivan because the lady was putting me into the shoulder on I70 to C470 so I kicked the shit out of her door until she put her phone down and looked at me! Then she followed me to a stop light and yelled at me for kicking her car and told me her husband rides Harleys and he was going to shoot me in the head. So I showed her my weapon...:0 then she drove away quickly
    2011 GSXR 600, #556 Novice
    2002 Honda 954rr
    2009 Honda Ruckus 200cc stroked with nitrous
    1989 Mirage aka "The Black Widow" (fast)

[QUOTE=Redline;773507]New happy hour spot?? Right on I had one of my best alone rides ever last summer when I left the house at 5:30 to hit the mountains, was truly awesome! I love waking up early to do fun shit, but can barely get out of bed when I have to go to work.... weird how that works!

I have put a enormous dent in the sliding rear door of a minivan because the lady was putting me into the shoulder on I70 to C470 so I kicked the shit out of her door until she put her phone down and looked at me! Then she followed me to a stop light and yelled at me for kicking her car and told me her husband rides Harleys and he was going to shoot me in the head. So I showed her my weapon...:0 then she drove away quickly[/QUOTE

Yeah it's awesome! Get to the house,out the leathers shower and head up there. Drinks and lunch after riding all morning. Straight magical!

where is this place you write of that has a grt happy hr?

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    To me it's just annoying when people do it, there is no need to do it cruising around town. Most of the people doing it aren't accelerating to the rev limiter, they pull the clutch in and wrap it out (on most of my bikes accelerating to the rev limiter means breaking traffic laws).
    To me, hitting the rev limiter just says "look at me, I have a bike!!", it's actually embarrassing when I'm next to them on my own bike.

Hate all you want, I bought an R6 for a reason and damn it, I will not hold back from the powwerrr!

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

LOL

yea....just go fuck ur engine up...

Chocolate Thunder

Has anyone ever thought about the car and the people in it when we/us say etiquette. When riding up in the mountains I give the car in front of me the chance to move over and if not then I make sure they see me and I signal. Not every person is able to maneuver their vehicle over safe or not safe. Some people have problems with not sure how far over to move or have depth perception problems or ain and simple dont see us behind and then we pass them like a bat out of hell. I know this has happened to me while driving and it scared the shit out of me. The bottom line is etiquette happens equally, you give to them and they will give back.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Taste the rainbow...B*itch
    http://www.pajiba.com/videos/awesome...inbow-btch.php

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Street riding just sucks all around. Maybe from California but they forgot they couldn't lane split
    Lane splitting rocks! The rest of California riding sucks though.
    HighSide Racing
    Marine Corps vet
    http://roadrunnertg.com/

Wow... theres a blast from the past! Krod, havent seen you around for years.

Still alive and kicking! Miss riding in Colorado. Going to make a trip back this summer and bring the bike.
    HighSide Racing
    Marine Corps vet
    http://roadrunnertg.com/