Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cops monitoring CSC forum for motorcycles speeding to/from Deckers

Cops monitoring CSC forum for motorcycles speeding to/from Deckers

Although this report is from 2007 don't be so naive as to think that law enforcement does not still monitor the rides posted on this forum.

Page 75, "Problem Statement #3:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:R2oxnD7hSd8J:jeffco.us/planning-and-zoning/documents/historical-commission-documents/publications-documents/foxton-pine-grove-project/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
    "That which does not kill you only postpones the inevitable."

Senior Member Moderator

Re: Cops monitoring CSC forum for motorcycles speeding to/from Deckers

Thanks for looking out. Some already do this, but it's not a bad practice to post routes as TBD, and/or notify affirmative responses via PM with the ride details. Also, by posting the meeting place, some routes could give interested agencies a general assumption of routes, though that is still somewhat more difficult to patrol.

Man, it's a good thing nobody knows I plan on racing at maximum possible speed through Deckers at 0824 on 8/13/2015 while on a bright green Suzuki Ninja 2000 with the factory superdupercharger.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

So glad I'm going to the track 100% from now on, sick of cops and their lies/harassment. I have been riding for 11 years and have never been bothered by cops so much but in the last 5 months I've owned this bike, it's pathetic. Riding is too stressful, not even fun at all anymore.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I have never had a problem posting my routes.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    I have never had a problem posting my routes.
    Agreed. OP, please don’t cower when faced with such nonsense

So I'm going to ride that road and go "plaid" ...pbbbtthh :P

We could post "red herrings" - enough such that nothing can be relied on as the truth. Next Sunday, we're all gonna ride there.. yeah.. that's the ticket, nudge nudge, wink wink.
    Last edited by asp_125; Tue Aug 11th, 2015 at 09:04 PM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    So glad I'm going to the track 100% from now on, sick of cops and their lies/harassment. I have been riding for 11 years and have never been bothered by cops so much but in the last 5 months I've owned this bike, it's pathetic. Riding is too stressful, not even fun at all anymore.
    ^ THIS.
    '07 sv650

"Rocky Top, you'll always be, home sweet home to me."

I wish I could afford the gear for the track, and a vehicle to transport it there and back, and the trackday fees. Until then, I'll keep enjoying myself in my commutes and fun rides.

Senior Member Moderator

Before we hijack this thread into a Track > Street argument, let's stay on topic. There are already countless threads discussing track vs. street. We don't need another one here.

Honestly, I don't see how maintaining a little secrecy is cowering. It seems fair to me to assume that law enforcement would love to deter sport bikes from riding through areas where there have been citizens complaining about it. Does that indicate that the police are on constant CSC watch to find us and bust up our rides? No. That would be highly costly, and not very effective. I'd have to consult with Aaron, but I imagine the county sheriff would only be more inclined to step up patrols as a response to an influx of complaints, and that may include a uniform taking a look on the site to see if anything is planned for the next weekend, nothing more. So, if a little cloak and dagger makes it difficult for them to lie in wait for a group of our members during a specific time-frame, then it doesn't really hurt anyone. Although, it does create a little more work for the ride's host.

Either way, we can also do ourselves a favor by making sure we're not being extreme and disturbing the bee's nest. Don't be hooligans through the small towns. Be courteous and respectful. Sadly, that won't stop some people who simply hate sport bikes from calling the cops every time they see one of us doing something they consider objectionable, and as much as I'd encourage us to take any chance we have to be ambassadors for our shared passion and present a positive image for the masses, the sad truth is that there are far too many bad examples out there riding near and among us. So I don't see the law not relishing the opportunity to slow us down through our wallets.
    Last edited by Drano; Tue Aug 11th, 2015 at 11:08 PM.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    Before we hijack this thread into a Track > Street argument, let's stay on topic. There are already countless threads discussing track vs. street. We don't need another one here.

Honestly, I don't see how maintaining a little secrecy is cowering. It seems fair to me to assume that law enforcement would love to deter sport bikes from riding through areas where there have been citizens complaining about it. Does that indicate that the police are on constant CSC watch to find us and bust up our rides? No. That would be highly costly, and not very effective. I'd have to consult with Aaron, but I imagine the county sheriff would only be more inclined to step up patrols as a response to an influx of complaints, and that may include a uniform taking a look on the site to see if anything is planned for the next weekend, nothing more. So, if a little cloak and dagger makes it difficult for them to lie in wait for a group of our members during a specific time-frame, then it doesn't really hurt anyone. Although, it does create a little more work for the ride's host.

Either way, we can also do ourselves a favor by making sure we're not being extreme and disturbing the bee's nest. Don't be hooligans through the small towns. Be courteous and respectful. Sadly, that won't stop some people who simply hate sport bikes from calling the cops every time they see one of us doing something they consider objectionable, and as much as I'd encourage us to take any chance we have to be ambassadors for our shared passion and present a positive image for the masses, the sad truth is that there are far too many bad examples out there riding near and among us. So I don't see the law not relishing the opportunity to slow us down through our wallets.
    Honestly bro I had a local give me a heads up on things on posted here. It happens. Rare but it does. Normally just one over ambitious officer, usually a rookie with something to prove.

Buuut you are posting your location to the internet. You should never do this for safety reasons. You never know who is watching and why. Cops could be the least of your worries.

Its a crazy world with stupid people. Be safe.

All in all don't want to keep people from riding on the street with what I posted by all means, just my personal experience and with insane cop harassment lately... I used to post a lot of rides before, route and everything and never had a problem or an obvious LEO set up that was ready for us.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

We(the fog) learned this years ago. Never post routes publicly. PM the route if need be.

carry on.........
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Safe bet = don't post your route. Why add risk to your ride?
    2011 GSXR 600, #556 Novice
    2002 Honda 954rr
    2009 Honda Ruckus 200cc stroked with nitrous
    1989 Mirage aka "The Black Widow" (fast)

I can care less of the cops. Wildlife scares me.

Dear Cops,

On any given weekend there are motorcyclists on twisty roads and in the canyons.

Dear Motorcyclists,

On any given weekend there are cops on twisty roads and in the canyons.

Problem solved!
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    We(the fog) learned this years ago. Never post routes publicly. PM the route if need be.

carry on.........
    We (the FOG) hereby declare our supremacy in this area. Don't try to keep up, you might get hurt.

The alpha FOGs
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

HAHAHA!!! ^^^
    2011 GSXR 600, #556 Novice
    2002 Honda 954rr
    2009 Honda Ruckus 200cc stroked with nitrous
    1989 Mirage aka "The Black Widow" (fast)

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    We (the FOG) hereby declare our supremacy in this area. Don't try to keep up, you might get hurt.
    We heal faster...

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post

Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

I used to post rides all the time - some really good ones! We had a few good ones, never did have a problem with cops showing up for the ambush. Groups never leave on time

I stopped posting primarily because I wanted to know who I was riding with - we had a few where some noob (to CSC) would show up with wanting to prove how fast he was and then promptly wad his bike up and ruin everyone's day. That one guy in 2011... anyone remember? Bomber or something. After that experience I just ride with friends or solo. I like to ride faster than most people anyways.

I more or less ceased to get speeding tickets once I started running with a radar detector a few years back. Most of the time it's a sheriff you'll see and if they even have radar, it's on all the time and you can "see" them well in advance. It's the god damn state patrol with their instant on bull shit you have to watch out for but luckily I don't see them as often in the canyons.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Regardless of a ride being posted, cops already know you can count on bikes riding by on Deckers at a fast rate of speed either way. They don't need to see it posted not to know it's already going to happen. If they really wanted to be smart they would just have a dedicated cop sitting on that road every saturday and sunday pulling people over. But since it's hit and miss if there is one on that route, then ride at your own risk and 90% of the time there isn't a cop during that days ride.
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Last one I saw was pulling a trailer and he was just shaking his head at me. Really surprised there isn't more on that route.