Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cops monitoring CSC forum for motorcycles speeding to/from Deckers

Re: Cops monitoring CSC forum for motorcycles speeding to/from Deckers

Why don't you guys make a few more post about where they should sit. Hell tell them all the routes and then they won't even need to guess.

Sheesh guys stop with all the when and if scenarios. Let them figure out things on their own.

Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Why don't you guys make a few more post about where they should sit. Hell tell them all the routes and then they won't even need to guess.

Sheesh guys stop with all the when and if scenarios. Let them figure out things on their own.

Seriously.

Remember that part above about not trying to keep up? Yeah.

Yes agreed. Dont post any routes and no more rides. Only private rides through PM between people you trust riding with that are the same pace as you and you have their personal cell number for so nothing is posted online. Private group rides are all the rage.

Seriously the cops aren't idiots they know where people ride at. Doesn't have to be posted here or anywhere to know what roads are trafficked by bikes.

I kid of course. Let's get more rides out there like it was a while ago.

Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Senior Member Moderator

Nobody is saying that the cops don't already have an idea regarding which roads get carved up. Nobody is saying that they don't already patrol those routes. They could probably station a uniform on any of the major routes on any given weekend and bust riders. Here's the difference: It's likely that there are at least a few uniforms who can use deductive logic and math skills. So, lets say user 4815162342 posts, "Ride this Sunday, Hwy 815 to Orchid, CO, Meet at the Swan Station on Dharma Street, KSU 10:00am." Cop goes, "Hmmm, I wonder how many miles it takes to go from the Swan Station on Dharma Street to the speed trap I will set up between there and Orchid? Well, if they obey the speed limit I can use the miles and the time it normally takes to travel at the posted speed limits and have a general arrival time. But, they likely won't be traveling at the speed limit so I'll need to give myself a wider window. Not to mention they may not leave on time. But at least I roughly know when I can expect a group of riders to come through there." Now, instead of not being able to predict when he can potentially ticket some riders, he has a specific plan, which means he can accomplish what he needs to do in order to satisfy the demands of his citizens, and it leaves more time for donuts later.

If you want to post your rides with a KSU time and a route, nobody's stopping you. It's not really a guarantee that you'll see a cop, either. However if you don't want to do their job for them, especially along routes where the Sheriff has a prerogative from his constituents to stop those pesky sport bikes, perhaps taking some precautions may be all the difference you need to avoid a speed trap. What is not being said is to stop posting rides. What's not being said is to only communicate on the forums via PM. However, what is being said is that if you are transmitting potentially sensitive information that can be used against you later, don't act surprised and angry when it finally happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    Nobody is saying that the cops don't already have an idea regarding which roads get carved up. Nobody is saying that they don't already patrol those routes. They could probably station a uniform on any of the major routes on any given weekend and bust riders. Here's the difference: It's likely that there are at least a few uniforms who can use deductive logic and math skills. So, lets say user 4815162342 posts, "Ride this Sunday, Hwy 815 to Orchid, CO, Meet at the Swan Station on Dharma Street, KSU 10:00am." Cop goes, "Hmmm, I wonder how many miles it takes to go from the Swan Station on Dharma Street to the speed trap I will set up between there and Orchid? Well, if they obey the speed limit I can use the miles and the time it normally takes to travel at the posted speed limits and have a general arrival time. But, they likely won't be traveling at the speed limit so I'll need to give myself a wider window. Not to mention they may not leave on time. But at least I roughly know when I can expect a group of riders to come through there." Now, instead of not being able to predict when he can potentially ticket some riders, he has a specific plan, which means he can accomplish what he needs to do in order to satisfy the demands of his citizens, and it leaves more time for donuts later.

If you want to post your rides with a KSU time and a route, nobody's stopping you. It's not really a guarantee that you'll see a cop, either. However if you don't want to do their job for them, especially along routes where the Sheriff has a prerogative from his constituents to stop those pesky sport bikes, perhaps taking some precautions may be all the difference you need to avoid a speed trap. What is not being said is to stop posting rides. What's not being said is to only communicate on the forums via PM. However, what is being said is that if you are transmitting potentially sensitive information that can be used against you later, don't act surprised and angry when it finally happens.
    DING DING DING we have a winner! Great post!
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Not to be "that guy", but you never run into cops at the track

Last edited by The Black Knight; Thu Aug 13th, 2015 at 09:28 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Not to be "that guy", but you never run into cops at the track

Unless Aaron's there! You don't have to worry about being that guy, as it had already been mentioned earlier in the thread, but thanks for playing .

*Edit: Fixed it for ya!
    Last edited by Drano; Thu Aug 13th, 2015 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    So glad I'm going to the track 100% from now on, sick of cops and their lies/harassment. I have been riding for 11 years and have never been bothered by cops so much but in the last 5 months I've owned this bike, it's pathetic. Riding is too stressful, not even fun at all anymore.
    Ya, I'm totally with you here. I mean, you didn't do anything. You were going the speed limit, riding respectfully and lawfully. That pig looked through your helmet, saw your race, and it was on. Not to mention he already knew you, he got the mass email sent to every cop statewide detailing you and your Ducati. So he was totally out to get you.

I hope you realize how ridiculous this sounds. Cops aren't out there to get you, or your kind. They're there to pursuade you to follow the law.

Fact, your actions and your disregard for the law led you to have unfortunate encounters with law enforcement. And your attitude probably made them more unfortunate than they had to be.

You have to pay to play. If you want to speed, fine, no one is going to stop you. But you will get caught, and you'll have to pay for it. Call it an express tax. Like the express lanes, if you want to go faster than everyone else, you have to pay. Because if you just obeyed the law, you wouldn't have any issues.

I've owned a literbike for 6.5 years. Been stopped once. Payed my price for going 40 over. No one harassed me, I was speeding, he caught me. In the game of odds, I lost. It happens.

You need to learn to take responsibility for your actions, and not blame others every time you get caught.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but when you turn every post into bashing cops, it gets old. And if the cops really are lying, then a $300 GoPro is a very cost effective investment that will pay huge dividends. I've got one, run it every time I ride or drive. To date it has made me all of $0. Because I respect and follow the law.
    Last edited by Aaron; Thu Aug 13th, 2015 at 11:23 PM.

Senior Member Moderator

Aaron, as much as you feel you need to defend your chosen profession, this isn't the place to do it. If you have something to contribute to the topic, then, by all means, feel free to chip in. Otherwise, take your issue with Damir's post to PMs and work it out like adults.

Just my $.02...

I'm just a bit skeptical of police coming on here to see where they will post up the next day. CSC rides make up such a tiny fraction of the motorcycle traffic up the canyons on any given day. Let alone the people on their spirited drives in cars, etc. Plus, what are the odds that you're going to be speeding where a cop may set up shop? Sometimes we get some nice pace in a canyon ride, but a lot of the day is spent behind cars on their sunday cruise doing the speed limit if not a bit under or over. Seems like a lot of effort for the cop to try to bust us when there's so many other people they know they can get.

If a cop decides to post up on Golden Gate to get speeders, I really doubt it has ever been because they saw a CSC ride mentioned taking that route.

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

I can't really speak for all places, but we certainly don't do that in my city. We do actively monitor Facebook, but not for traffic enforcement, just criminal/gang activity.

And remember the NSA is probably watching these email and PMs too and will turn it over to local law enforcement once intercepted.

I have to agree with some of the other posts. All law enforcement has to do is post officers at the major canyon roads and they'd snag dozens of motorcyclist. When I ride I see many different groups of riders. Can't imagine they are all from this forum or those rides were posted...

Not to mention, I believe there are MANY other types of forums police/law enforcement would be more interested in monitoring, like "radical" or "Fringe" type forums which there are plenty...
    2016 Honda Africa Twin
    2015 Ducati Monster 1200s Stripe
    And Freakin' Old

No, the NSA does not watch emails and forum PMs for american citizens, unless they are on a terror watch list. That is illegal.

As far as police, be respectful and treat them like a normal person. You'll have at least a chance of not getting a ticket. But almost nothing is going to work if you were caught doing warp speed.

Senior Member Moderator

I can understand the skepticism, and would agree when it comes to larger agencies in metro areas. However, smaller agencies may have more time and resources to allocate.

Here is the exact text from the report posted by the OP:
    Problem Statement: Influx of traffic (especially racing motorcycles) on weekends is a problem
    Response: This is being addressed by stepped up patrols and by following the plans of racing motorcycle groups on the internet.
    Could it be possible that this plan is no longer in effect? Sure, but I guess it all depends on if you believe law enforcement agencies don't take citizen complaints seriously. I don't believe that. The reason I don't is simple: While riding into Divide a couple years ago I personally witnessed the local sheriff's department go ape shit with 6 or 7 patrol vehicles all tearing out of the station in different directions. It was as though several murders had just been called in. Fortunately, nobody had been killed. Unfortunately, they were looking for my group because one cager didn't like that the group had passed them on a double yellow and called it in. All that police activity because bikes passed on a double-yellow? Seems a little overboard, no? Well not to them, apparently. So, yeah, I think they do care about complaints, and I do think they'll check the site if it gives them the chance to slow us down through their county.

We definitely care about complaints, and do what we can to address them. If you call our traffic division and voice a complaint about people speeding, it gets put on a whiteboard and the traffic officers will make their rounds, running radar/laser for an hour or two once or twice a week. But that's as far as it goes for us.

And a situation like yours, we wouldn't respond to that call. It'd be aired over the radio and that's it.

"Units north on a careless/reckless driver, RP says several motorcycles speeding and passing illegally on such and such road. Aired at 0824."

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Ya, I'm totally with you here. I mean, you didn't do anything. You were going the speed limit, riding respectfully and lawfully. That pig looked through your helmet, saw your race, and it was on. Not to mention he already knew you, he got the mass email sent to every cop statewide detailing you and your Ducati. So he was totally out to get you.

I hope you realize how ridiculous this sounds. Cops aren't out there to get you, or your kind. They're there to pursuade you to follow the law.

Fact, your actions and your disregard for the law led you to have unfortunate encounters with law enforcement. And your attitude probably made them more unfortunate than they had to be.

You have to pay to play. If you want to speed, fine, no one is going to stop you. But you will get caught, and you'll have to pay for it. Call it an express tax. Like the express lanes, if you want to go faster than everyone else, you have to pay. Because if you just obeyed the law, you wouldn't have any issues.

I've owned a literbike for 6.5 years. Been stopped once. Payed my price for going 40 over. No one harassed me, I was speeding, he caught me. In the game of odds, I lost. It happens.

You need to learn to take responsibility for your actions, and not blame others every time you get caught.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but when you turn every post into bashing cops, it gets old. And if the cops really are lying, then a $300 GoPro is a very cost effective investment that will pay huge dividends. I've got one, run it every time I ride or drive. To date it has made me all of $0. Because I respect and follow the law.
    To date started what two years ago then? LOL

I've been running it for about 3 years I think, pretty much got it when I got my first S1000RR. I had it running when I got into a minor fender bender, and it could've made all the difference in that case had the other driver lied about what happened. But he was honest and truthful, so his insurance company didn't even bother to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    Aaron, as much as you feel you need to defend your chosen profession, this isn't the place to do it. If you have something to contribute to the topic, then, by all means, feel free to chip in. Otherwise, take your issue with Damir's post to PMs and work it out like adults.
    Put the Moderator stick down turbo...
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

It's okay bro, I am just a law breaking prick , if you weren't there, I don't expect you to know but I can respect the man for sticking up so all good. I do apologize as I was the one to get off topic , my bad. Carry on
    Last edited by madvlad; Fri Aug 14th, 2015 at 12:06 PM.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

It's okay bro, I am just a law breaking prick , if you weren't there, I don't expect you to know but I can respect the man for sticking up so all good. I do apologize as I was the one to get off topic , my bad. Carry on
    Also FTP, mostly.....

FTP?
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Senior Member Moderator

FTP?
    He's referring to Track #2 of NWA's Album "Straight Outta Compton".

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    We definitely care about complaints, and do what we can to address them. If you call our traffic division and voice a complaint about people speeding, it gets put on a whiteboard and the traffic officers will make their rounds, running radar/laser for an hour or two once or twice a week. But that's as far as it goes for us.

And a situation like yours, we wouldn't respond to that call. It'd be aired over the radio and that's it.

"Units north on a careless/reckless driver, RP says several motorcycles speeding and passing illegally on such and such road. Aired at 0824."
    It just goes to show that different agencies may have different priorities and/or resources allocated to specific aspects of law enforcement. Most cities are likely focused on larger instances of crime and gang activity, whereas smaller agencies like Jefferson and Teller Counties have fewer of those instances and can focus on smaller issues like speeding and unsafe driving practices. Believe me, I was stupefied that all those cops were out in force to find a couple bikes based on an allegation that they had passed illegally. I wish I had had a GoPro to film it. It was surreal. Either way, I don't question the narrative that agencies like Jefferson and Teller Counties would like nothing more than to stop sport bikes from riding aggressively through their territory. Nor do I doubt that they'll take major steps to shut us down if they can.

Dude I'm foreign, how the hell am I supposed to know that?
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1