Thread: Miller to be bought by Chinese Company...*Updated info on post #17

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: Miller to be bought by Chinese Company...

Hi everyone -

A few points to make:

1) I've been involved with almost all of the county meeting on this subject since the announcement was made. I've been impressed by the county Commission and their professionalism in the matter of the sale of the property.

2) As a club we (The USBA) have articulated to the commission and the public our desire to see the facility remain open as a racing facility that's available to the public for use. I believe that the request has been heard by the Commissioners and that they are acting in the best interest of the facility and our community in making their decision.

3) The Chineese company that's named is an auto and motorcycle manufacturer with eyes on fielding a Moto3 team in 2017. They are also buying / building several other racing facilities around the world - if this news report is accurate in who the buyer is, then I'm encouraged, not discouraged.

4) I don't believe that they have the "manufacturing facility" portion of this report right. It would be the very first case that I'm aware of where a Chinese firm is outsourcing manufacturing to a US location. That flat out doesn't make sense to me. It also doesn't make sense that they are going to mothball the track facility to build something else. That would require a bunch of extra capital expense to tear down what's already here to build something new. There is tons (literally thousands of acres) of other property around the facility that you wouldn't have to demolish anything to get to bare earth if you were trying to accomplish that goal.

I'll write and post a report here tomorrow on what we learn tonight, but all indications at this time are that this is a good fit for the facility and the community.

Re: Miller to be bought by Chinese Company...

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    3) The Chineese company that's named is an auto and motorcycle manufacturer with eyes on fielding a Moto3 team in 2017. They are also buying / building several other racing facilities around the world - if this news report is accurate in who the buyer is, then I'm encouraged, not discouraged.
    This sounds amazing. I hope it is true... #WolfeyezInMoto32017Please
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236