Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hitting The Apex

Hitting The Apex

Oh man.... just pre-ordered this!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cDT4SRDws4

Re: Hitting The Apex

How and where? I looked for hours yesterday and couldn't find anything for the US.

Amazon.co.uk

Not to burst your bubble, but do you have a region 2 or region free dvd/blu-ray player?
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Fack me...... fml. I still have hope but we will see what happens.

well I have a Blu Ray from Amazon.co.uk that plays
    2011 ZX10R
    2007 GSX-R750

It depends on if the disc is region coded or not, they aren't all region locked. Amazon says Hitting the Apex dvd/blu-ray is region 2 only which means you either need a region 2 player or region free player.
    Blair

Looks like I have some research to do... damnit.

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    It depends on if the disc is region coded or not, they aren't all region locked. Amazon says Hitting the Apex dvd/blu-ray is region 2 only which means you either need a region 2 player or region free player.
    Aren't most DVD players code as "0" or "region free"? I'm under the impression that as long as you have the region free one, you're good to go. Both of my DVD players have been region free and I've been able to play my Ghost Rider DVD's(Ghost Rider sweden) on them. His later DVD's are region "0" if you pre-order from his site and are in the USA. But his earlier dvd's I think were for Sweden's region code. My copies have always played though.

Either way, I'm looking to pre-order this as well. Looks good
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Looks awesome. It would be cool if someone with a big home theater or monster 4K TV would host a viewing party for this.

Guess I got lucky..... came home from work to make sure Im here for another delivery..... BluRay actually arrived also.... Works on my PS4, you all had me worried haha.

Nice, I'm guessing it's actually a region free disc then. Might have to order one myself.
    Blair

Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    Guess I got lucky..... came home from work to make sure Im here for another delivery..... BluRay actually arrived also.... Works on my PS4, you all had me worried haha.
    Nice, I'm guessing it's actually a region free disc then. Might have to order one myself.
    I ordered Blu Ray as well as I knew my PS4 would play it. Nice thing about PS4's is they aren't governed by being region specific. They are world wide distributed and all discs should play on them.

One thing I noticed on Amazon UK's website was that if you purchased a Blue Ray that was sold by Amazon UK, most of them shipped were either Region 2(which is different for Blu Ray vs. regular DVD) and that most Blu Ray's would come region free anyway.

Reason I chose Blu Ray over normal DVD was I didn't want to take the chance of it not playing on my DVD player. However, as with most computers like PS4's, my desktop and laptop would probably play the DVD anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered. I remember reading that most DVD players in the USA are usually coded for Region Free but not always the case.

Slo, did you get both a Blu Ray and normal DVD?? If so, let us know how the regular DVD played. I'm thinking of ordered a regular DVD just to see if it will play on my DVD player.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Watched it this weekend and thought it was excellent.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Slo, did you get both a Blu Ray and normal DVD?? If so, let us know how the regular DVD played. I'm thinking of ordered a regular DVD just to see if it will play on my DVD player.
    Sorry... just bluray was purchased, no dvd. Definitely worth the extra cost for shipping, great video, watching it again now.
    Last edited by Slo; Tue Sep 15th, 2015 at 08:25 PM.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Got it from Racing For Me, awesome movie.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Awesome!
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Came in the mail yesterday, and was an amazing DVD. The blu ray had no issues on my PS4. Loved the interviews and all the footage. I had completely forgotten that exchange between Simoncelli and Lorenzo at that press conference, classic.

If you're a fan of MotoGP this is a must see.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Since it worked on the PS4, I just tested it on the ps3 and it works on there as well.

Works on the Xbox One also.
    Last edited by Slo; Mon Sep 28th, 2015 at 05:55 PM.

Apparently about two thirds of blu rays are region free anyway, so I'm guessing this one is as well. The PS4/PS3/Xbox One/etc are all region locked players, as are most blu ray players. Obviously they are distributed world wide, but each region gets a different version. Most DVD players either are or can be made region free, but I think because of the licensing that's not the case with blu rays (yet).
    Blair

For anyone that streams or downloads it illegally, make sure you buy the DVD when it becomes available. You need to support the film creators.

Also, they are working on a US release, and it should be available very soon.

A local showing, Nov 17th at 7:00PM at the AMC Cherry Creek 8.
    http://theatricast.com/hitting-the-apex/

Local details:
    https://www.tugg.com/events/72344

You have to get tickets online, and they need 85 people for the showing to happen if I understand correctly.
    Last edited by blaircsf; Thu Oct 22nd, 2015 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Fixing link
    Blair

A local showing, Nov 17th at 7:00PM at the AMC Cherry Creek 8.
    http://theatricast.com/hitting-the-apex/

Local details:
    https://www.tugg.com/events/72344
    You have to get tickets online, and they need 85 people for the showing to happen if I understand correctly.
    Thanks for the info! Methinks I need to do this.
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

Tomorrow night, don't think I will be riding down.
    Blair