Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New car, 2013 BMW 335is

Re: New car, 2013 BMW 335is

Fuel-It Stage 2 pump assembly. First of all, buy the fvcking tool. I don't care how many worker Mexicans you have with hammers and sockets, buy the goddanm tool. I used the hammer method with a friend, and hate myself for it. Marred up the lock ring, cussed a lot, and was still never sure if it was fully tight. The pump was also kind of a pain, again through no fault of Fuel-It, I broke that stupid clip, appropriately named the PITA clip. I removed the pump, and shipped it to Steve. Unfortunately it arrived to him on a Saturday, so I was afraid he wouldn't get it or it'd be delayed until Tuesday or so. I had contacted him early and paid for express shipping. Monday morning he sent it out, all done! Tuesday morning I had it. Mad props to Steve for shipping to the right address (There was a last minute change), including an extra PITA clip, and using a shipping method that got it to me even faster than I had hoped.

***Important, the re-install directions have a slight bit of confusion. Near the end they specify to push on the vent tube, then install the PITA clip. This is nearly impossible, if not impossible, because the electrical connectors get in the way. Install the PITA clip first, completely, then just push the vent line up into the cap thingy, and the PITA clips expands out, then clicks in. Very easy, after you spend 30 minutes trying to figure out how to do it.

Also, make sure the lock ring is fully seated. Otherwise you spill a lot of gas all over the place.

On to the VRSF charge pipe, which along with the majority of my order from them arrived promptly. I had previously arranged with Tiago to send me a recirculating BOV with it, and that was not done, I got the standard TiAL BOV. Although not happy about it, I'm over it now, and will just leave it as is. However I will mention the TiAL is not as quite in RL as YouTube videos make it out to be, it sounds louder to me. I don't mind it that much though, just a bit ricey for my tastes. The charge pipe looked great, although the pre-painting tape job was very amateur and tape was even left on it when I got it, all of these flaws are not seen once installed. The pipe fit perfectly, I was expecting it to be worse, and I'm really impressed with how easy it is to install and remove. Love how much $hit is eliminated with the TiAL BOV and inlets too.

In reading the previous reviews, I tried to install the MAP sensor. Ripped my O-ring even after lubricating it, luckily had another laying around that fit well and slid in. And then remembered the mounting bolts were tapped for a metric bolt, and not a screw like OEM. Made a special trip to the nearest hardware store 20 minutes away to buy 2 fvcking bolts. And when I got home, is when I knew I'd gone full retard. He includes new bolts. And T-bolt hose clamps (WINNING!)

Next up is the Ambient Thermal Management intercooler. No pics of this for the install unfortunately. It was shipped immediately, and quality is great. V8bait was the installer, and he said it fit really really well. It included a new cold side up-pipe, as well as 2 silicone connectors. Even with the VRSF charge pipe the silicone charge pipes and J-pipes lined up really well, very happy with this intercooler. Plus he sends a blow pop with it. Awesome.

1 complaint. They send slightly more better worm gear clamps, not T-bolts. Completely illogical on what is clearly a performance turbo application. FWIW, NAPA carries T-bolt clamps, $4 or $5 each and they fit perfectly. Sucks I had to make a special trip for something that should be included.

Now on to the VRSF inlets, what you've all been waiting for. I like the VRSF kit better than the rest, one because it puts the filters on the passenger side. Very happy with it overall. However the pipes are steel, NOT aluminum. They are quite heavy, and the only reason for this is cost, as they could, and should be, aluminum.

Install fvcking sucks, it was hell. No way around that, with any kit. In fact I'd bet these install easier than the other kits. Install these before any other mod, we had to remove the turbo outlets (Hot side charge pipes), and we had the downpipes out when we installed them. Getting the factory inlets out sucks even harder. We got pissed and cut the rear one in two just to get it out, and that was with the intake manifold off.

We had to trim the rear silicone adapter that attaches to the compressor outlet, otherwise it bent itself from hitting the firewall. Trimmed off 1-1.5cm, and it fit much better. Better too long than too short, but still took some trimming to get it to fit well. Probably spent 3 hours adjusting the rear inlet, just to get it perfect. What a pain in the ass, through no fault of VRSF though, aside for that minor trimming. The second metal tube on the rear inlet trumpets up to full diameter at the end, then immediately has a silicone coupler clamp to it. This created some issues for me, as everytime I clamped it down, the clamp would slide down the trumpet. It took me several tries before I could clamp it on the short steady diameter portion after the trumpet. Front turbo inlet installed well enough.

The coolant reservoir relocation does NOT work on the 'is' models. The 'is' not only has the fan relay, which is easy to relocate, it has a different power steering reservoir setup, and it has several coolant hoses where the coolant reservoir would move to. I instead moved the reservoir to sit just under the driver side strut tower brace, and bent/cut/drilled the VRSF brackets to hold it there. VRSF includes plenty of extra silicone tubing in all manner of sizes, and they in fact included much more than I needed. I didn't use any of the small tubing, and only used maybe 1/8 of the large diameter tubing they sent. They have you route the low side coolant reservoir line around the front of the engine and to the new location. This bothered me, as the front of the engine is very convoluted, especially with the large 'is' fan. I instead capped this line at the water pump. This line T's with a heater core line, that runs along the front of the car, then along the frame rail on the driver's side, right beneath your charge pipe. Perfect. Cut it there, put in a T, then ran that to the new reservoir. Much less tubing required. One more word of caution, VRSF includes brass barbed fittings for this, and the 90* elbow is a 3-piece unit that leaked badly for me. Threw that away, used a 1-piece elbow from NAPA.

Leaky elbow (Yes, it was clamped prior to running and subsequent leaking):

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Hey Dalton!! why you hiding your German engineered car in a barn? Drive that thing to the Double Duece after your done doing your kata..

Looks good man
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Final numbers are 470whp, 512wtq at 18psi. Logs and graphs to follow!

Pretty good numbers dude
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Again, nice. Wish I would have had the opportunity to try out a 6MT 335i before getting a G37. Sometimes it gets too difficult to find exactly what you want so you have to make a short list and buy whichever one becomes available.

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)