Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: September 5th. 2 for 1 at Pueblo

Re: September 5th. 2 for 1 at Pueblo

Good to see people out there as usual.

The misfortune of losing throttle control in turn 4 and having to pull off turned out to have a bright side of watching others take turn 5 from the inside. Always nice to see things from a different angle. Anyways, the pull side cable didn't actually break. It just dislodged from the throttle body perch. Another thing to be locktite-ing on re-assembly. And, at least it was the last session.

But worse than the throttle issue was oil consumption. It looks like the track bike may be done for the season. Not sure why yet, but went from the full line in the sight glass to maybe more than a quart low in a few sessions. In process of dropping the motor to see what went wrong. May get back out this season but not sure yet.
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

Chocolate Thunder

I dont think you lost control, I think that little gopher set a booby trap and took you down. Hopefully you landed ontop of his little ass.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Taste the rainbow...B*itch
    http://www.pajiba.com/videos/awesome...inbow-btch.php

Quote Originally Posted by Okrapp View Post

The misfortune of losing throttle control in turn 4 and having to pull off turned out to have a bright side of watching others take turn 5 from the inside.
    You should try corner working at a race, you'll see how the highly skilled riders manage a corner. I used to ask to work corners I was having issues with. I watched the ROR guys fly through the Bridge (T1) at CDR and learned quickly the right and wrong lines through that nasty.

Dang gophers
    Didn't lose control of the bike, just couldn't accelerate. Throttle went limp. So, coasted off to the inside and parked it. But, if/when (probably more toward the when in this endeavor) I do lose it, I'll try to aim for one of those little shits. And, in the mean time, heading out for flag duty is a good idea just to watch and get a partial track fix.
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by Okrapp View Post

The misfortune of losing throttle control in turn 4 and having to pull off turned out to have a bright side of watching others take turn 5 from the inside. Always nice to see things from a different angle. Anyways, the pull side cable didn't actually break. It just dislodged from the throttle body perch. Another thing to be locktite-ing on re-assembly. And, at least it was the last session.

But worse than the throttle issue was oil consumption. It looks like the track bike may be done for the season. Not sure why yet, but went from the full line in the sight glass to maybe more than a quart low in a few sessions. In process of dropping the motor to see what went wrong. May get back out this season but not sure yet.

I knew I saw smoke coming out for your exhaust. Glad it was just the throttle cable and not something more serious on saturday. I was worried when I saw you off to the side. I thought your motor gave out right then.
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR
    1987 buick grand national
    '06 GSXR 750. Race Track. Everyday Commuter. Long distance tourer. Sold