Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Liking the new flow

Liking the new flow

I knew we could do it! Its a lot nicer around here now-a-days. Not much stupid arguing and almost no trolling cluttering up threads.

Way to go crew. You all get a gold star.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Re: Liking the new flow

Go us!
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Are gold stars being shipped to us directly or emailed?

Shipped directly but the freight is collected on delivery
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

If anyone needs a gold star transported along the front range, I'll be between Greeley/Fort Collins and the Springs pretty often in the next few weeks.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Mine will be here in 2 days with Amazon prime
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Mine will be here in 2 days with Amazon prime

Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    I knew we could do it! Its a lot nicer around here now-a-days. Not much stupid arguing and almost no trolling cluttering up threads.

Way to go crew. You all get a gold star.
    I gotta say it has been pretty nice around here.

Gold Member

Really?

If you're going to go full censor don't forget this thread.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...r-conversation

As its whole purpose is for conflict and one could argue threats of physical violence. And I do believe that violates tos.
    Last edited by #1Townie; Wed Sep 2nd, 2015 at 09:45 PM.

I'm on your side on this one Townie. It's under discussion, don't make me look bad. Btw that thread had no threat of physical violence and for all we know it was to resolve the conflict.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Really?

If you're going to go full censor don't forget this thread.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...r-conversation

As its whole purpose is for conflict and one could argue threats of physical violence. And I do believe that violates tos.
    One could argue, but that would still be speculative at best. No explicit threats were made, no excessive foul language was used, and not all conflict is negative. I'm not so naive to believe the requested conversation in that thread was meant to be respectful, but I wouldn't pull the trigger on it based on what was written. Also, the OP requested of this mystery rider (if he exists on the forum) to continue the conversation in PM, which is not the purview of moderation unless we receive a complaint regarding the exchange. We're not here to censor anyone.

My aim, and I'll let the other moderators speak for themselves if they so desire, is to maintain a respectful environment where all members can share their passion for motorcycles, along with other subjects, in an open and trouble-free setting. I do try to redirect discussions that I feel may be taking a turn for the worst, and I would encourage any member on here to do the same thing. However, the last thing I want to do is make people feel like they're not welcome here, even if they're having a bad day and need to vent. It's the internet. We all come from different walks of life, and respond to stimuli in different ways. But, in my book, as long as we can keep our cool, everything will be cool.

P.S. I posted this response before I saw the action taken above. As Metz has said, we're discussing it.
    Last edited by Drano; Wed Sep 2nd, 2015 at 10:49 PM.

Gold Member

It still leads to much more conflict than my post that said guess it was all my fault.

While ezzy didn't say my name this thread was clearly pointed in my direction.

My opinion is if you're going to go full censorship do it. But don't censor one thing and not another.

Just want to add this is just a conversation and I was just using that post as an example.
    Last edited by #1Townie; Wed Sep 2nd, 2015 at 10:49 PM.

Meh I think it's still slow.

This wasnt pointed at anyone or in anyones direction. I was a serious complement.

The censorship and "discussing" of posts and threads is lame, id rather see people be able to stop themselves from making the post in the first place but I dont think there really needs to be much deleting and warning and parenting and tripping....

If you think its slow, go hangout on the FB page with all the squids They are faster
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Damn.... Did I miss the fight scene?! What the fuck happened?
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Sorry I missed it. Too funny.

It still leads to much more conflict than my post that said guess it was all my fault.
    While ezzy didn't say my name this thread was clearly pointed in my direction.
    My opinion is if you're going to go full censorship do it. But don't censor one thing and not another.
    Just want to add this is just a conversation and I was just using that post as an example.
    Dude get over yourself, seriously. When Ezzy made that comment I did think of you first (for pretty obvious reasons) and I also thought of me and several other people.

I never threatened anyone on here like you say in your previous remarks and there is no violence due to anything I have ever posted. I had a run-in with a guy who said he rode, and I just hoped I could further discuss that with him in private and was hoping he was a member here.

Well.............

Firstly- I thought there had to be actual content in a post for a deletion to be considered censorship. So for that I apologize.

Second- All this past stuff really had no bearing on my decision. So I guess it's your reasoning or argument but I'm not following.

Thirdly- I deleted the post to try to keep a nice thread from going the way it eventually progressed anyway. So again I apologize for trying to just keep the peace but that is simply what I was trying to do. I felt like it was an unnecessary comment that was directed at initiating a dramatic response from someone. Sheesh guys let it go is really what comes to mind.

Anyway Townie got his say in anyway and my attempt at keeping a peaceful situation was not to be. No harm no foul.

Carry on..............
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Well.............

Firstly- I thought there had to be actual content in a post for a deletion to be considered censorship. So for that I apologize.

Second- All this past stuff really had no bearing on my decision. So I guess it's your reasoning or argument but I'm not following.

Thirdly- I deleted the post to try to keep a nice thread from going the way it eventually progressed anyway. So again I apologize for trying to just keep the peace but that is simply what I was trying to do. I felt like it was an unnecessary comment that was directed at initiating a dramatic response from someone. Sheesh guys let it go is really what comes to mind.

Anyway Townie got his say in anyway and my attempt at keeping a peaceful situation was not to be. No harm no foul.

Carry on..............
    Appreciate you.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Well.............

Carry on..............
    Dude why do all of you take things so damn serious? My only point was that if you are going to delete one thing you must keep it on parr.

Like the post above yours. While he claims what he wants the post I pointed out has nothing constructive to it.

It is calling out an individual for conflict. Or is it that its okay for some people to ask for it while it's not okay for others?

Hey like new mods I'm just trying to figure out what's good and what's not? Why can one person make a whole thread that could lead to conflict and another can't make one post?

Just set a guideline and keep it there. Let us know where the line is drawn. That's all I'm asking.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    Dude get over yourself, seriously. When Ezzy made that comment I did think of you first (for pretty obvious reasons) and I also thought of me and several other people.

I never threatened anyone on here like you say in your previous remarks and there is no violence due to anything I have ever posted. I had a run-in with a guy who said he rode, and I just hoped I could further discuss that with him in private and was hoping he was a member here.
    I didn't say you threatened anyone. I said one could argue thats what the posts meaning was.

Also notice how quick you turned to personal attacks. I just used your post as an example. Simmer down buddy. Its an opinion nothing more.

But I have noticed if you aren't part of the cool kids you just get told to leave and go somewhere else.

I didn't say you threatened anyone. I said one could argue thats what the posts meaning was.

Also notice how quick you turned to personal attacks. I just used your post as an example. Simmer down buddy. Its an opinion nothing more.

But I have noticed if you aren't part of the cool kids you just get told to leave and go somewhere else.
    Sorry you are a victim here bro. Not sure how I personally attacked you unless it was with truth.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    Sorry you are a victim here bro. Not sure how I personally attacked you unless it was with truth.
    Look man I'm not trying to argue with you or anyone else. Just trying to point out that we need a guideline to follow with all the new mods.

Please carry on good sir.