Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Liking the new flow

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: Liking the new flow

I knew we could turn this thread around, the CSC way!

Also, I would like to suggest a new thought that if any given moderator does not show up to the CSC Summer "Q", that their Moderatorship be limited to a one year term. Discuss.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Not sure if your referring to the barbeque? If so.... participation in a barbeque has no bearing on why moderators are around on any forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    I knew we could turn this thread around, the CSC way!
    It only takes one domino to go....
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

I'm with barn here! I also think all CSC dictators should be required to own a motorcycle. Drano.... drano? Better go buy that Tuononono

Senior Member Moderator

I've found that CSC has the attention span of, oh wait,

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    Sorry you are a victim here bro. Not sure how I personally attacked you unless it was with truth.
    New mods and Drano sold his S1000RR.

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TransNone13 View Post
    New mods and Drano sold his S1000RR.
    Blasphemy! It would take a lot to get me to own an inline. I sold my SV650S in 2013. Saving for something new this winter, with a V4.

LOl, well that's ok. I bought this and my ohlins shock shows up tomorrow:

Senior Member Moderator

Nice ride, Kyle!

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    Nice ride, Kyle!
    Thanks, it's got more balls than I anticipated when I took off that restrictive stock exhaust. Thinking about a Corbin seat, the stock one isn't working for me though.

Blasphemy! It would take a lot to get me to own an inline. I sold my SV650S in 2013. Saving for something new this winter, with a V4.
    As a Moderator that is trying to keep things on topic id expect comments on this thread to be a little more directed towards how much better this site is now than it was before. That would be great.

We swung both ways on correcting the problem around here. The shit heads (me) quieted down and stop always trolling every thread for their own enjoyment (me again) while thinking they were "keeping things fun and enjoyable for all" and being "real". That in itself could have corrected the problem but we also added a wave of moderators that have their opinions of what they can do to make things better around here.

On second thought, I suppose this pace should have a few radical crazies that have had some ribs removed for their own pleasure (me, me and me).
    Last edited by Ezzzzy1; Fri Sep 4th, 2015 at 12:24 AM.

Gold Member

Honestly can we just get a guideline? Maybe discuss a guideline? With having mods they are here for a reason.

It would help for future issues. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Honestly can we just get a guideline? Maybe discuss a guideline? With having mods they are here for a reason.

I bet $1000 dollars that if guidelines are established that you break one before I do

Wanna bet?

I hope this sort of fits into the "on topic" rules. If not, mods please delete.

Be excellent to each other.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Be ethical and shit

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    As a Moderator that is trying to keep things on topic id expect comments on this thread to be a little more directed towards how much better this site is now than it was before. That would be great.

You are right, and I apologize for getting off-topic.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum....php?f=82&a=13 The guidelines have been at the top of every forum for months, now.

Honestly, making the forums a better place comes down being respectful to each other. Part of that is staying true to the topic of each thread. There are very few people who like being interrupted during a conversation. Why? Because it's rude. Especially if it's not even related to the topic. It says their opinion doesn't matter. It makes others wonder whether it is even worth contributing to the conversation or beginning a new one.

The trick is that if you have something to say that doesn't fit the topic of the OP's thread, to go start a new one and voice your thoughts there. You can even say something like, "I was reading in this thread [link] and it made me think about this [topic]. Here are my thoughts. What are yours?" It's not that hard, and it takes the conversation in the direction you want to go, without taking away from the intent of the other thread.

Derailing a thread is easy. This one is a good example, and I'm one of the guilty parties. What I like is that Ezzzzy1 came back to his thread and corrected me. That's something every OP should be willing to do. It's your conversation. Redirect it, if you can. If not, ask a moderator to help. If you're not the OP and you want to stay on-topic, you can do the same thing. Establish some boundaries in the forum and, in time, they'll rarely get crossed. It can be tedious, especially if the line keeps getting crossed. Nobody likes repeating themselves continually, either.

To close: threads don't have to be serious. They don't have to be strictly about motorcycles. You don't even have to agree. For instance: if you don't like the new flow, say so. That would be perfectly appropriate. The bottom line is that we want people to keep calm, and show respect to each other. It creates a welcoming environment for both current and prospective members.
    Last edited by Drano; Fri Sep 4th, 2015 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    Not sure if your referring to the barbeque? If so.... participation in a barbeque has no bearing on why moderators are around on any forum.
    That's kinda my whole point. It should here.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Senior Member Moderator

I can see your point, but there are always extenuating circumstances. Moderators being removed due to not attending a BBQ isn't a realistic expectation. There are plenty of people who have jobs, or other events, which may prevent them from making it to the CSC BBQ. However, it wouldn't interfere with their ability to moderate the forums. If they do their job well, missing a BBQ should have no bearing on their status whatsoever.

You are right, and I apologize for getting off-topic.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum....php?f=82&a=13 The guidelines have been at the top of every forum for months, now.

Honestly, making the forums a better place comes down being respectful to each other. Part of that is staying true to the topic of each thread. There are very few people who like being interrupted during a conversation. Why? Because it's rude. Especially if it's not even related to the topic. It says their opinion doesn't matter. It makes others wonder whether it is even worth contributing to the conversation or beginning a new one.

The trick is that if you have something to say that doesn't fit the topic of the OP's thread, to go start a new one and voice your thoughts there. You can even say something like, "I was reading in this thread [link] and it made me think about this [topic]. Here are my thoughts. What are yours?" It's not that hard, and it takes the conversation in the direction you want to go, without taking away from the intent of the other thread.

Derailing a thread is easy. This one is a good example, and I'm one of the guilty parties. What I like is that Ezzzzy1 came back to his thread and corrected me. That's something every OP should be willing to do. It's your conversation. Redirect it, if you can. If not, ask a moderator to help. If you're not the OP and you want to stay on-topic, you can do the same thing. Establish some boundaries in the forum and, in time, they'll rarely get crossed. It can be tedious, especially if the line keeps getting crossed. Nobody likes repeating themselves continually, either.

To close: threads don't have to be serious. They don't have to be strictly about motorcycles. You don't even have to agree. For instance: if you don't like the new flow, say so. That would be perfectly appropriate. The bottom line is that we want people to keep calm, and show respect to each other. It creates a welcoming environment for both current and prospective members.
    Good post mang.

I'm really just mentioning the whole BBQ thing as a small example of a greater notion of "getting to know you". I definitely understand that one's attendance at a once-year event does not make or break their ability to be a moderator, and tying a term limit to it, is a bit unrealistic; especially if the job that moderator is doing is a good one. But again, it's always nice to know who's sitting across the ether with their finger readily available on the "Del" button, not to mention the "Ban" button, as it relates to how we communicate on here. And how we communicate to others, when we know you're listening...

Simply put, you can do an excellent job as a Mod (Drano) and I can have a level of respect for your style and methods and general "framework" of how you like to moderate. But then again I can also feel the same way about a guy like Josh who is also a moderator but one who is widely known and admired for what he does to put together things like his "Dinner's with Jmetz" and of course his contributions to the BBQ. The case study is an easy one.... You're both maybe excellent moderators, but the intangible nod far and away would go to Josh.

But again, that is a very specific example and my comment about a term-limit based on the BBQ was a very generic one, and mostly in jest. Just know that anonymously wielded power is always a tough pill to swallow, for any of us, and maybe especially so for guys like Townie. My .02.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Lets just armwrestle every year to see who mods.

Yogurt used to bring 2 sets of boxing gloves to the BBQ, and I've always advocated for grappling matches. I suppose arm wrestling could work.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Jesus, drama. Even in the most innocent threads.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Yogurt used to bring 2 sets of boxing gloves to the BBQ, and I've always advocated for grappling matches. I suppose arm wrestling could work.
    I would be down with all of those if I actually showed up to a BBQ. Next year is the year, I can feel it!