Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Liking the new flow

Re: Liking the new flow

I didn't mean to agree with the dictators needing to attend the BBQ agreement post. It came out wrong. Dictators should not need to attend. But they should own a motorcycle. I say we hang Drano by his feet in a swimming pool taking turns dumping Portuguese manofwars on him until he goes and buys the Tuono. And if that doesn't work some other form of torture. I really don't care what.

On a side note I really like avocados. One unexpectantly was on my sandwich today, and I couldn't help but say, to myself of course; man, that was a nice avocado.

I know this forum used to be fun and interesting, people got together all the time and there was some huge drama. Now it's so boring I go for days at a time without checking it.
    But that maybe just how "I" remember things.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    I know this forum used to be fun and interesting, people got together all the time and there was some huge drama. Now it's so boring I go for days at a time without checking it.
    +1.

Too many participation awards. God forbid people's feathers get ruffled.
    This place is almost as boring as Facebook anymore.

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Perhaps the issue is that the people who made the site fun and interesting have moved on other things. While it's only speculation on my part, but if we want to see something resembling those days, we need to encourage growth and infuse the site with new blood. We need to be less judgmental and encourage a larger variety of sport bike riders back into the fold. It seems to me that the site was also more lively when there were still some fearless stunters gracing the pages. Another solution: those who reminisce about how much better the way things were could also ask what they have done to help foster that environment today. To be clear, I'm not directing that at anybody specifically. It's not the first, or even the hundredth time I have seen somebody say that.

Honestly, things can never return to the way they were, simply because we age and our interests change over time. It is the impertinence of youth who make for great stories and anecdotes. Without them around, you just have a bunch of old fogies (myself included) looking back at the good old days and wondering where they've gone.
    Last edited by Drano; Sat Sep 5th, 2015 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    What is this?

A squid. A Bieber squid to be exact.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    Perhaps the issue is that the people who made the site fun and interesting have moved on other things. While it's only speculation on my part, but if we want to see something resembling those days, we need to encourage growth and infuse the site with new blood. We need to be less judgmental and encourage a larger variety of sport bike riders back into the fold. It seems to me that the site was also more lively when there were still some fearless stunters gracing the pages. Another solution: those who reminisce about how much better the way things were could also ask what they have done to help foster that environment today. To be clear, I'm not directing that at anybody specifically. It's not the first, or even the hundredth time I have seen somebody say that.

Honestly, things can never return to the way they were, simply because we age and our interests change over time. It is the impertinence of youth who make for great stories and anecdotes. Without them around, you just have a bunch of old fogies (myself included) looking back at the good old days and wondering where they've gone.
    I tried. I tried to stop the judgment from others. The pointless squid calling. I tried to post fun topics and even controversial topics to get people talking.

I was left with threats and told to leave. As far as I'm concerned the cool kids got what they wanted. A boring no fun having environment where everyone gets their trophy.

You want stunters to come here and talk? Bro this site has spent the last ten years blaiming anything and everything on stunters.

Literally if you are not part of the g14 classified rides or a racer you're a squid. If you hang out with other riders at whatever location bikes hang out you're a squid. If you don't do track days you're a squid. If you don't agat you're a squid.

Its actually pretty hard not be a squid around here.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    I tried. I tried to stop the judgment from others. The pointless squid calling. I tried to post fun topics and even controversial topics to get people talking.

I was left with threats and told to leave. As far as I'm concerned the cool kids got what they wanted. A boring no fun having environment where everyone gets their trophy.

You want stunters to come here and talk? Bro this site has spent the last ten years blaiming anything and everything on stunters.

Literally if you are not part of the g14 classified rides or a racer you're a squid. If you hang out with other riders at whatever location bikes hang out you're a squid. If you don't do track days you're a squid. If you don't agat you're a squid.

This is just not true about the exclusivity of rides Townie, I participated on a very nice group ride openly posted up on here. Lots of public talk about the route and time. 17 riders showed up and it was a great time. I'm not sure if there is hate for stunters or not, but I have a lot of respect for someone who can do what some of them can. I just don't really want it done in the middle of a introductory ride with a bunch of newbies. Maybe this board isn't like some of you remember, as life progresses and we become increasingly older fucks, it's just the way life is.

Hope you all get out and ride today! I'm going dirt for sunday!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    This is just not true about the exclusivity of rides Townie, I participated on a very nice group ride openly posted up on here. Lots of public talk about the route and time. 17 riders showed up and it was a great time. I'm not sure if there is hate for stunters or not, but I have a lot of respect for someone who can do what some of them can. I just don't really want it done in the middle of a introductory ride with a bunch of newbies. Maybe this board isn't like some of you remember, as life progresses and we become increasingly older fucks, it's just the way life is.

Hope you all get out and ride today! I'm going dirt for sunday!
    Well maybe you don't feel that way but its the truth. The riders who aren't in here won't have anything to do with place. Why? Actual response is fuck those snobs.

Not my words. Using an actual quote from someone I told to sign up.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ht=#post772385

Last video I tried to post.
    Last edited by #1Townie; Sun Sep 6th, 2015 at 10:19 AM.

I do not like the content of this thread.

So anyways.
    2013 zx6r
    MRA Novice #407
    Race like a girl!

Senior Member Moderator

I'm still only seeing complaints. It's all I've seen, in fact: People complaining that there aren't Friday funnies; People complaining that there aren't enough rides posted; People complaining that there isn't enough camaraderie any more; People complaining that there aren't enough GoPro ride videos. It goes on, and on, and on, but the one common variable is that those who are doing the complaining aren't doing anything more than that. The phrase goes, "If you aren't a part of the solution, you are a part of the problem."

I stepped up to be a moderator because I want the site to be better, what have you done? I don't mean to direct that entirely at you Townie. It is more of a generalized question to anyone who finds time to complain but does nothing to address the issue. I'm not going to keep beating on a dead horse, but a lot of it starts with respect. On the internet that's a hard commodity to sell, because people think they can say and do whatever they please without consequence or reprisal. All the while the golden rule never finds a place in the equation. Instead we find people with the inmate mentality touting, "I don't just give out respect, you gotta earn it." Yeah, that's great in prison, but loses all merit in the real world where all of us should have a shred of courtesy and decency towards each other.

You want to hear an old fogey talk about the good old days? For fucks sake I'm only 37! When did grown men start thinking it is okay to behave like children? Where have all the gentlemen gone? I'll tell you the answer: Only a weak man can't maintain his composure when things don't go his way.
    Last edited by Drano; Sun Sep 6th, 2015 at 06:03 PM.

Gold Member

I'm still only seeing complaints. It's all I've seen, in fact: People complaining that there aren't Friday funnies; People complaining that there aren't enough rides posted; People complaining that there isn't enough camaraderie any more; People complaining that there aren't enough GoPro ride videos. It goes on, and on, and on, but the one common variable is that those who are doing the complaining aren't doing anything more than that. The phrase goes, "If you aren't a part of the solution, you are a part of the problem."

I stepped up to be a moderator because I want the site to be better, what have you done? I don't mean to direct that entirely at you Townie. It is more of a generalized question to anyone who finds time to complain but does nothing to address the issue. I'm not going to keep beating on a dead horse, but a lot of it starts with respect. On the internet that's a hard commodity to sell, because people think they can say and do whatever they please without consequence or reprisal. All the while the golden rule never finds a place in the equation. Instead we find people with the inmate mentality touting, "I don't just give out respect, you gotta earn it." Yeah, that's great in prison, but loses all merit in the real world where all of us should have a shred of courtesy and decency towards each other.

You want to hear an old fogey talk about the good old days? For fucks sake I'm only 37! When did grown men start thinking it is okay to behave like children? Where have all the gentlemen gone? I'll tell you the answer: Only a weak man can't maintain his composure when things don't go his way.
    Well I can see this there is no point in trying to have a conversation with you. Carry on gents.

Senior Member Moderator

Well I can see this there is no point in trying to have a conversation with you. Carry on gents.
    What is the conversation you are trying to have with me? Perhaps I'm missing something here? What I'm seeing from you is that there is no hope for this site, that it is lost and better left for dead. That's not a conversation, that's a declaration. You may be mistaking my previous post as inferring that I don't understand where you are coming from. In fact, I agree that there is room for change. I believe that there are some who could put away their pride and become advocates for growth, and acceptance. My question is: how do we achieve that change? I simply don't accept that all is lost, and that was my point.

Gold Member

I see no point in carrying on this topic. Good day sir.

What is the conversation you are trying to have with me? Perhaps I'm missing something here? What I'm seeing from you is that there is no hope for this site, that it is lost and better left for dead. That's not a conversation, that's a declaration. You may be mistaking my previous post as inferring that I don't understand where you are coming from. In fact, I agree that there is room for change. I believe that there are some who could put away their pride and become advocates for growth, and acceptance. My question is: how do we achieve that change? I simply don't accept that all is lost, and that was my point.
    I am with Drano on this. It is very easy to criticize without any thought of a remedy. I personally don't think this site is busted or dull, but I wasn't here in the "good ole days" either. Obviously things can be improved on, what are your suggestions to make us better?

I know you and I don't really get along on here, but I honestly think you and I would get along just fine if we were on 2 wheels. I just don't want you to take this as a direct negative criticism of you because it's not supposed to be. I get that you are unhappy about this place, but I'm not sure what would make you happy.

Discuss?

Gold Member

I am with Drano on this. It is very easy to criticize without any thought of a remedy. I personally don't think this site is busted or dull, but I wasn't here in the "good ole days" either. Obviously things can be improved on, what are your suggestions to make us better?

I know you and I don't really get along on here, but I honestly think you and I would get along just fine if we were on 2 wheels. I just don't want you to take this as a direct negative criticism of you because it's not supposed to be. I get that you are unhappy about this place, but I'm not sure what would make you happy.

Discuss?
    To be honest bro.... I never once said this place couldn't be fixed. I never said it was too far gone. You really think I would still be here if I felt that way?

I know 99% of you think I have no friends but let me ask you... If that was the case how would I know what everyone is saying about me behind my back?

Anyways what I was saying is actually saying is actually in agreement with drano. The only problem is until the self-righteous issues are addressed he won't get what he hopes for.

Thats why I posted the link I did. I'm not calling madvlad a hater I'm just saying that stunters get blamed for everyrhing. Thats a little unfair.

I just won't do the dick measuring conests anymore. Who did what for who seems a little immature. Basically. But whatever.

To be honest man the only reason I posted your link man was because one could argue your intentions were far more hostile than mine.

Honestly man I know you are relatively new to this place but I have always called people out on using this forum as a place to vent BS.

Sure we have that. That happens. But what this place doesn't have anymore is the goofing off it used to. Sport boke ridsers are not Harley riders. We don't get get serious about stupid BS.

Its why i don't see why I'm taken so seriously. Bro I'm a goofball. I love to laugh. I didn't buy a sport bike because I was like oh yeah I got the fastest lap at whatever track days for whatever reason.

I'm only here because I was informed that us squids at she'll couldn't ride a bike to save their lives. Thats what made me join here and start talking shit.

So to be honest man I'm a creation of this websites own misguided intentions. But whatever that's old shit.

The sad part about this all is it had the potential to reach so many new riders and just judges them to the point they want nothing to do with place.

So actually I was agreeing with drano but all he SEEN was I was arguing with him for my selfish reasons. That is a perfect example of what I'm trying to point to all here.

All forums have swings of where you loose half the people quickly, people move on and dont sign in, no longer have a reason to associate, found there group and communicate outside of the forum. dont like the forum, or got banned. IT happens. people will always have someone ready to flame a post or person or a part of the Community regardless of if you approve that part of the community they still are.

Im on about 15 forums that i float in an out of, its the same While the post here are down and alot of them that are being read or seen go off topic and no one post after 3 days due to where they led.
    i would say the forum is actually fine and ok

To get numbers up you have to tell people, but its not like we cruise to functions, Hold are own functions(1 or 2 a year do not count as holding) or truly have a facebook page.
    there use to be 4 or 5 big group rides of 20 or more. we have 1 now
    if you want to turn it around those are the things that need to change
    but really if you look at the post that go up, events shared, rides posted, People asking for help or saying they can give help, lets be social post with out seeing who will get pissed off first are not here
    the Arguments and opposite opinions really do not chase that many away but if that's the only things posted it will seem that way
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

I'm still only seeing complaints. It's all I've seen
    I am not complaining. Just saying, the evolution of the forum throughout the past 12 years has changed to a less personal format. Used to be a normal day here with people just being silly. Sometimes frustratingly moronic, high drama trolls and split personalities. There were are large number of tight and loose personal bonds. No one had really learned the whole "Ride with those you know and trust" thing yet so group rides got wild at times. You looked forward to tuning in to see what crazy shit was going to happen tomorrow. I am glad to have been part of most of that. And believe me it wasn't all great times, there were many low points for some along the way.
    I know it can't go back to that, and I wouldn't want to try to replay it. That was how the stars and the personalities lined up at that particular time.
    I only stated that this iteration is boring (to me) and I don't follow the board as close because of it.

Senior Member Moderator

So actually I was agreeing with drano but all he SEEN was I was arguing with him for my selfish reasons. That is a perfect example of what I'm trying to point to all here.
    I apologize if you thought I was trying to argue with you. That wasn't my intent. I read what you said, that you had tried to do many things, but it felt to me that you had decided that its better to just give up. Instead, I was simply asking for people, including you, to come up with more solutions to the problem rather than just walk away from it. We can get what we want if we are willing to change. Don't take that to mean I haven't already noticed the change in you. You've changed a lot, and it's helped a lot.

What I was trying to point out is that of all the things that have been referred to as lost and gone on the site, each and every one of us has a keyboard that can type letters and form words into posts and threads. If we want those things back, we may need to be willing to step up to the plate and provide them, because the people who used to do them may not come back, and it may take a while to find new members who will.

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I also think all CSC dictators should be required to own a motorcycle.
    That kinda defeats the whole dictatorship thing...
    Besides, I own 4. I got 'em covered.

Lets just armwrestle every year to see who mods.
    Better yet...

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum....php?f=82&a=13 The guidelines have been at the top of every forum for months, now.

Honestly, making the forums a better place comes down being respectful to each other. Part of that is staying true to the topic of each thread. There are very few people who like being interrupted during a conversation. Why? Because it's rude. Especially if it's not even related to the topic. It says their opinion doesn't matter. It makes others wonder whether it is even worth contributing to the conversation or beginning a new one.

The trick is that if you have something to say that doesn't fit the topic of the OP's thread, to go start a new one and voice your thoughts there. You can even say something like, "I was reading in this thread [link] and it made me think about this [topic]. Here are my thoughts. What are yours?" It's not that hard, and it takes the conversation in the direction you want to go, without taking away from the intent of the other thread.

Derailing a thread is easy. This one is a good example, and I'm one of the guilty parties. What I like is that Ezzzzy1 came back to his thread and corrected me. That's something every OP should be willing to do. It's your conversation. Redirect it, if you can. If not, ask a moderator to help. If you're not the OP and you want to stay on-topic, you can do the same thing. Establish some boundaries in the forum and, in time, they'll rarely get crossed. It can be tedious, especially if the line keeps getting crossed. Nobody likes repeating themselves continually, either.

To close: threads don't have to be serious. They don't have to be strictly about motorcycles. You don't even have to agree. For instance: if you don't like the new flow, say so. That would be perfectly appropriate. The bottom line is that we want people to keep calm, and show respect to each other. It creates a welcoming environment for both current and prospective members.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

To those who are butthurt and feel everyone is out to get you...

Last edited by Wrider; Mon Sep 7th, 2015 at 07:46 PM.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S