Thread: September 13th Steamboat Springs/Strawberry Hot Springs Ride

September 13th Steamboat Springs/Strawberry Hot Springs Ride

First, I like riding in smaller groups so if you're available next Sunday and you want to have a great day riding let me know by Friday! Only total of 4 bikes, including me.

I'm in Lakewood, leaving MoCo promptly at 7am and should be back around 7p depending on a route back. We'll take I-70 toBerthoud Pass to Walden, then over the Rabit Ears Pass to Steamboat Springs. That's 200 miles. We will stop for a 15-20 min break in Winter Park and for a lunch in Steamboat Springs.

Then, we will head to soak in the Hot Springs for an hour or so. They are located about 20 min from the town. Last .5-1mile is a gravel road. It's worth a ride! Located in a secluded area surrounded by Aspen Trees. Beautiful location! The Glenwood Hot Springs will seem like Walmart after soaking in this one. You can bring your gear and keep it in your sight by the pools if you don't have a place to securely store it on the bike. Bring some cash to pay the fee, not sure if they take cards. Bring shorts and a small towel perhaps..

We can stop for a lunch/snack/coffee in Steamboat again before heading back. Need to leave by 4p to get back by 7ish. We can then determine what route to take back. I'm flexible and open depending perhaps on your home location or preference. Route a) take same way back to Walden and hwy 14 to Fort Collins b) hwy 40 to Winter Park for some sweepers c) hwy 131(Awesome road) to i70.

I need to know by Friday who's definitely coming. It's not a newbie-friendly ride. The pace will be sport-touring but with safety in mind. Need to be able to travel 80-100 miles without having to stop.

It's a 12hour day but with a nice treat to break up the day. Who's coming? Me and 3 other riders?

Re: September 13th Steamboat Springs/Strawberry Hot Springs Ride

man, if I wasn't at the Tough Mudder that weekend I'd be all over this. Great ride, great place! Too bad you're not staying a night, clothes optional after dark.
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

Love that place