Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speeding tickets

Re: Speeding tickets

I regularly hit 165+ at Pueblo, 160 at HPR, and I think just recently hit 175+ at Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Okrapp View Post
    And for those that have non-motorcycle-specific detectors, what sort of weather protection do you use if any for them.
    A tank bag. I have clear plastic shower caps and rubber bands for running it in the wet but I've never used them. I always just put it in the tank bag when I see it's about to rain or I start to get a few sprinkles.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I regularly hit 165+ at Pueblo, 160 at HPR, and I think just recently hit 175+ at Miller.
    No you don't.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Indicated, perhaps, but not actual. Subtract 10-15% and you're in the ballpark.
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by GMR View Post
    What track can you hit 160 at?
    Daytona. I saw an indicated 165 as I was drafting around a guy prepping for T1.

I don't know topped out speed at HPR but it wasn't 160.
    Haven't ridden the other local tracks.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO View Post
    If my memory is correct, the most you've clocked on radar at both tracks is just over 160 by top riders on built superbikes running close to lap record pace.
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    If my memory is correct, the most you've clocked on radar at both tracks is just over 160 by top riders on built superbikes running close to lap record pace.
    Yes, 164 is the highest ever at HPR, 160 at Pueblo (which was several years ago, but also with the faster T10 configuration).
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My detector does not encourage me to speed in the least. I'm at FOG touring pace these days, but enjoy a spirited ride on a lonely canyon road (on a weekday). Sill good to know if there are revenue raisers in the area where I happen to be.
    Last edited by FZRguy; Wed Sep 16th, 2015 at 12:00 PM.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by Okrapp View Post
    While the track is certainly a better option for letting bikes do what they do best, and leaving the 100mph plus riding isolated to those days would be safer and potentially cheaper, I don't always have the personal discipline to avoid that urge on a nice mountain road. That said, the radar detector is a tempting and may end up getting one eventually. My main concern with that would be any subconscious knowledge that I have it making me more likely to go faster than I already do. And for those that have non-motorcycle-specific detectors, what sort of weather protection do you use if any for them.
    They make motorcycle holders for mounting the radar detector that are simi enclosed as well as the shower caps.

Sometimes, some roads are just too hard to go the speed limit on...
    Last edited by Ezzzzy1; Wed Sep 16th, 2015 at 12:01 PM.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    On Pueblo's front straight and HPR's back straight, we've had speeds up to 165.
    Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO View Post

I saw an older video of Jason Pridmore(cira 2006) hitting 181mph down pueblo's front straight. Obviously that was on the old T10 configuration and I'm sure it was with his purpose built AMA Superbike.

Anyone remember this video?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N84aRiNaods
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Something about shower caps and sportbikes just doesn't seem right.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I saw an older video of Jason Pridmore(cira 2006) hitting 181mph down pueblo's front straight. Obviously that was on the old T10 configuration and I'm sure it was with his purpose built AMA Superbike.

Anyone remember this video?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N84aRiNaods
    Jason always rode the school bikes which were stock GSXR's when Star school was at Pueblo. This was in 2006 so wasn't using GPS to validate the top speed. His lap time was around 1:40 and the lap record is a 1:29 so there was no way he was hitting 181mph. The speed displayed on the video was most likely based on the indicated speedometer speed which was probably about 10-15% off, which would put it around 160mph.
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Those speeds aren't shit! Ralph and I hit about 35mph on our pocket bikes around Second Creek!! Ralph even wiped out at those incredible speeds. I think he limped for a month.

Took my pocket bike around Pueblo once. My balls tingled for two days...
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

I remember someone crashing a pocket bike pretty hard at a long ago club picnic. Ah, good times!
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

I'd pass on the laser jammers if I were you. First of all, lasers are not used by CSP. Second, it's extremely difficult to get a speed reading from a bike using a laser. Not impossible, just very difficult. Lastly, when a jamming device is detected, it gives the Officer immediate legal reason to contact you, an additional charge on top of Careless Driving for your estimated speed, and if he wants to push it he can take your jammer. Stick to radar detectors.
    I know RADAR jammers are illegal, I believe at the federal level since you're broadcasting without a FCC license (for the express purpose of breaking the law no less), but I thought that LASER jammers were legal.....except that CO went and made a law against that recently, didn't they?
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)