Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FREE! Hitting the Apex download

Re: FREE! Hitting the Apex download

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    That's what I'm planning on doing. Already have the Blu Ray UK version, but I want the US version in regular DVD so I can watch it on my booming 1200 watt surround sound system. Although I admit, it was cool listening to the blu ray disc through my Turtle Beach headset. Kind of nice to use my turtle beaches for something other than hearing some kid on Call of Duty tell me how many times he's slept with my mom in HD sound HAHA!!
    Any reason you don't hook the HD version up to your sound system?

I think it would be hard to really understand whether pirate versions increase or decrease (or impact at all) sales. The part that still surprises me is that he hasn't been more proactive about getting the word out about US release / screenings. Put a note on the website, send some press releases out to the motorcycle sites, etc. If you google "Hitting The Apex US", "Hitting The Apex USA", etc, all you get is the original results (on all the motorcycle sites) of it being released but not in the US. If people here knew it was coming out they would probably be less likely to be ordering from the UK and such.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    I respect the whole "do not pirate" thing but its definitely part of the world we live in. Hell, im pretty computer savvy but I didnt for one second consider if this was a licensed version before I shared the link. That said I dont know the first thing about going out of my way to steal videos online illegally.

Sorry world. I didnt mean to contribute to doing bad things.
    I personally don't care if you pirate or don't (none of my business), you just can't post the links to it here.
    Last edited by Jmetz; Thu Oct 1st, 2015 at 06:01 PM.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

And knowing Avast took out one issue, you still posted the link here for others to click?

Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    And knowing Avast took out one issue, you still posted the link here for others to click?
    It was a popup, Slo.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

One moderator unhappy about the link posted. One unhappy about a popup and another one that said two people that are CSCrs that were involved in the production of the video complained about the link.

Anyone else want to get all up in this?

If you were a bit more specific that it was just a pop up, wouldn't have posted on this thread, but I do agree with actions for removing the link from the site.

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    Any reason you don't hook the HD version up to your sound system?
    From what I remember on the back of my DVD player, it isn't compatible with my PS4(i.e. no extra HDMI ports, though I believe it does have the blue,red,green ports). My DVD is also the amplifier for my speaker system, so it's not a separate amp setup(where you can plug all sorts of devices into it). Also my DVD player is just a standard player(not blu ray). It's about seven years old now so I've been thinking of upgrading it(to have a blu ray) but since I have my PS3 and PS4, I don't really see the point of getting another DVD player just to have blu ray.

I'm sure I could rig something up to make it work but what's the point when I can just rock my Turtle Beaches and listen that way. I all honesty, aside from the overall massive volume increase that the DVD player yields, the Turtle Beaches are just as clear and offer the same surround sound feel just not the volume. I love the blast from my subwoofer

P.S.
    I will jump in on this whole "buying v. pirating". Just buy it people, it cost me $18 US and was delivered in a little under three weeks. Stop being cheapskates and just pay for it. Though I will say, with the excuses that are on this forum about getting to the track, I can see why folks want to pirate a DVD about actual track action/racing.

I will say, when the DVD drops here in the USA, I'll be buying it again in standard DVD.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Thu Oct 1st, 2015 at 06:51 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Gold Member

That's it I'm going to become a crack dealer. You can find me in reno for all your crack needs.

They call me the dummy man. Get at me yo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    If you were a bit more specific that it was just a pop up, wouldn't have posted on this thread, but I do agree with actions for removing the link from the site.
    Well since we are reviewing every post now... It was a link to something relevant to the motorcycle world. Thats pretty much all I would think it would take to make it past the gates. Apparently not. Now we are verifying if things are authorized from production companies? A simple google search shows that there are several much larger forums with waaay more rules that are allowing the links to be shared. Its a forum thats made for discussing and sharing and honestly I dont think that should come down to some admins opinion. In my opinion its not your guys job to protect us from watching stuff on other websites.

As far as the link being removed because watching the video is "illegal", Im wondering what that means. Can someone show me where clicking on a video that is posted on a website is illegal? Wouldnt the legality side of this fall on the person uploading the film instead of someone passing through that watches it?

Im not trying to take on all the admins in one swoop but deleting the link here was a total personal decision (it didnt violate any rules of the CSC), there wasnt 4 pop ups as someone stated (there was 1) and im just going to go out on a limb but there also isnt 2 of the production team for this movie that are CSC members (as I was told complained about my link post on FB).

Its like we went from 0 leadership to 1000% hypersensitive craziness.

Do whatever you want on your own time. Don't share links to stolen material. Support the film creators.

I think the point of not sharing the stolen material online is clear. Even though every single person that is active online (social media, forums etc) is probably guilty of it at some capacity. As I stated before, I am not the king dig-o-ling of the internet. I had no idea and didnt even consider if the international film (that I had assumed wouldn't make its way over here) was a licensed copy with authorization from the production company.

I will make it up to the universe by going to see it when it comes out. Deal?

C'mon Ezzzzy1. I don't think we went all hypersensitive.

As far as the pop up I ended up with more than 1 thing going on. Hell I'm still chasing one crazy ass ad.

I do agree with something you said earlier and what that conspiracy may consist of. It almost seems like sometimes the movies leak so fast that the production teams must be doing it themselves. I wonder if they release a grainy low res. version just to get more publicity for the movie release? Almost like I think some of the Hollywood/music types just do crap to get publicity. It can be bad or good and they benefit from the exposure and everyone has to keep an eye on what's next. They become more marketable and get more money.

Just a thought.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Links to pirated content have never been allowed on the CSC. Being that I've been here since before we even had a message board, this isn't the first time it's come up and I repeated something I've previously seen done by the admins.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    Links to pirated content have never been allowed on the CSC. Being that I've been here since before we even had a message board, this isn't the first time it's come up and I repeated something I've previously seen done by the admins.
    Yeah kind of have to agree with that. Even music sharing stuff has been removed.

PS... I'd download a car if I could. Or a 100. Lol

I think there are differences when it comes to "downloading". If you are physically downloading a file from an illegal site then yes, you are breaking the law and you probably know it. The second one though is "watching" something or "listening" to it. Neither are stored on the computer and as far as im concerned do not involve the whole "pirating" and "stealing" side of that conversation.

Anyhoo... I am looking into a private showing of the film. Mo-Door has a pretty bad ass promo coming out and it would pair nicely with a viewing of this after.

Stay tuned.