Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
Seems you need to brush up a bit.
The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

So other countries with stricter gun regulations have less crime? Russia? Mexico? Both of them have banned firearms COMPLETLY and yet both make our murder rate look like nothing.

Sure let's look at Paris. They also have extremely tight regulated gun control. Its so peaceful there the cops don't carry guns. Are they safe from mass shootings? I would have to say not.

But let's flip the script a little. If the argument that more weapons equals more crime or murder why does Switzerland have one of the lowest crime rates in the world?

The percentage of firearms over there puts us to shame. Also why don't gunshows and even gun stores just erupt into random massacres? Name me one mass shooting in America at a gun show. Try.

You won't find one. Why? Because the people who commit these crimes want a target rich environmental with little resistance. They want to get the largest body count to make the headlines.

Also what good is to add more laws to anything when the current ones clearly don't work? Murder is a crime. Shooting someone is a crime. Hell pointing a firearm at someone for no reason is a crime!

You want to use newtown? Let's do it. The guy killed his own mother to gain access to those firearms. Think about that for a second.

HE KILLED IS OWN MOTHER TO GAIN ACCESS TO FIREARMS!

What law was going to stop him from hurting people?
I'd have to say I agree with all this 100%. Bravo!