Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elliot (Ragin' Cajun) purposely run off the road in Golden Gate canyon Mon 10/12/2015

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Elliot (Ragin' Cajun) purposely run off the road in Golden Gate canyon Mon 10/12/2015

Some f#cktard in a black BMW (3 series maybe?) with tinted windows ran Elliot into a ditch on Monday morning about 6:30AM heading towards Golden on his way to work. Deliberate as hell, and the guy just drove off. He has a full AC shoulder separation, and a broken bone in his wrist. He was in the hospital Monday until Tuesday afternoon, he's home now. No internal injuries luckily but obviously he's in a lot of pain. He's got no health insurance, so this f#cktard BMW driver did a real financial number on him. Oh, and his bike is most likely totalled.

The cops and......"concerned citizens".....are looking for this guy. He lives in the canyon, drives it on his way to/from work at that time, and he's probably done this to other riders....and will again. Needless to say this attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, reckless driving, fleeing the scene, etc. behavior is totally unacceptable.

If you have Ellliots cell# or are friends with him on fb I'm sure he'd appreciate the well wishes.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Re: Elliot (Ragin' Cajun) purposely run off the road in Golden Gate canyon Mon 10/12/

Jesus... Well let's all head up there and let him know what we think of his fucktardery.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: Elliot (Ragin' Cajun) purposely run off the road in Golden Gate canyon Mon 10/12/

Damn, that's crazy. I hope Elliot heals completely and they catch the person!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Yeah this sucks for Elliot, no time is good but this one is definitely not good timing.

Any more details on the scenario? Was the BMW following him down GG and there was an altercation and actual contact?

I'm guessing he got bushwhacked. Elliot (I'm pretty certain) always rides with his roscoe at his side, so a preemptive altercation sounds unlikely. I would have thought he'd gotten off some shots.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Elliot was following the f#cktard, who was sitting behind a slower truck coming down. The BMW wasn't making any move to pass the truck, so Elliot passed both. Next think he knows, the f#cktard had gotten around the truck and was inches off his back wheel, then passes him, and then brake-checks him. Elliot went into the other lane to get around him and put distance on him and the guy swerved completely into the other lane to put him in the ditch on the way, and then just drove off. Sadly, he was not able to get a shot off.
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Perhaps the driver of the truck saw what happened and can be a witness? Is that who stopped to help Elliot?
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Perhaps the driver of the truck saw what happened and can be a witness? Is that who stopped to help Elliot?
    The truck driver stopped to help, and Elliot was kind of foggy (understandably), and told the guy thanks but he was calling for help, and so the guy left. The driver didn't see the accident itself, but could probably give a better description of the BMW. Elliot just didn't think of that at the time. Hopefully we can find the truck driver to help find the f#cktard. Elliot can't be sure if he was actually hit or just forced into the ditch.

For a "lessons learned", In these cases, probably best to actually make contact with the car, no matter how you might want to try and avoid it, simply so there's actual evidence in the form of a damaged car. That way the cops can look for damage, and notify all the body shops to report it. Also, get all the contact info of anyone that even MIGHT have seen something. You never know what little bit might help the cops catch the guy.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    <Snip...> For a "lessons learned", In these cases, probably best to actually make contact with the car, no matter how you might want to try and avoid it, simply so there's actual evidence in the form of a damaged car.
    That's actually the same take-away I had. As riders I think it's imperative that we start focusing on colliding with vehicles that we share the road with, who are acting aggressively, rather than doing what you can to avoid the incident. Physical evidence is crucial for there to be any hope of punitive action.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    That's actually the same take-away I had. As riders I think it's imperative that we start focusing on colliding with vehicles that we share the road with, who are acting aggressively, rather than doing what you can to avoid the incident. Physical evidence is crucial for there to be any hope of punitive action.
    LOLZ I don't mean to just run into the side of them (unless you LIKE to - Barn ) if you can avoid them AND the ditch, but if you know there's no way to save it, without a mark, and witnesses, it's just your word against theirs.....

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

I know-I know... I'm mostly just fucking with you. I realize that it's nonsensical to get into an intentional wreck, and definitely please nobody takes my comments as any sort of indictment of how Elliot was riding. I wasn't there, so I have no idea what happened but all that really matters is that he gets his injuries sorted and then hopefully justice will be served.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    I know-I know... I'm mostly just fucking with you. I realize that it's nonsensical to get into an intentional wreck, and definitely please nobody takes my comments as any sort of indictment of how Elliot was riding. I wasn't there, so I have no idea what happened but all that really matters is that he gets his injuries sorted and then hopefully justice will be served.
    I know, I just....ah....wanted to clarify what I meant. It's a sad situation we could very well find ourselves in. I've had people swerve at me, luckily I had a way out, and I don't think they actually really tried 100% to hit me. One guy definately put me on the sidewalk a couple times. Small town, I found him later.....

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Sorry that happened to him.. That really sucks. Feel better Elliot! I'm always ready to put a boot into someones door but this makes me want steel toed boots.
    06 GSXR 750

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

What an asshole (the BMW driver, I mean ). I'm beginning to think that a video camera (or two) should be thought of as required equipment these days. And when they catch these jackasses they need to be locked up for a long time.

Elliot, glad to hear that you came out relatively ok considering what happened.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

http://www.buymobius.com/

Probably a better idea than letting some one hit you for evidence.

These can be fitted with different lenses but out of the box it works pretty good for less than $100 and small and light enough I can carry it on a small RC aircraft. Even has motion detection capability.

I run with 2 hard wired GoPros mounted forward and aft - not specifically for this reason but definitely one of the "plus's".

I'll upload the video of Golden Gate from last weekend's CSC ride...
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    That thing has all sorts of nifty features. I think I'll get one and try it out on the VFR.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    http://www.buymobius.com/

Probably a better idea than letting some one hit you for evidence.

These can be fitted with different lenses but out of the box it works pretty good for less than $100 and small and light enough I can carry it on a small RC aircraft. Even has motion detection capability.
    Totally agree. Unfortunately, we don't all have cameras, and I know Elliot doesn't. Also, unfortunately, if there is no evidence, realistically, no crime was committed and it was a single-vehicle accident..... Thanks for the link though, I'm sure some of us will use it!

Sad that the world has come to this, but from the number of dashcam videos from Russia, maybe that's what we should do on the bike or in the car ALL the time.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    That thing has all sorts of nifty features. I think I'll get one and try it out on the VFR.
    I usually just velcro it on to whatever, but if you get vibration (jello) in video you can dampen it with 2 sided electronic adhesive squares, or you can use a 1/4"-20 stud.

Did the truck driver happen to catch the license plate? If so I may be able to look him up at work
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Hope you're feeling better Elliot. If this BMW driver lives in the canyon and commutes to town around that time, perhaps a stakeout is in order.
    Last edited by FZRguy; Sun Oct 18th, 2015 at 01:11 AM.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    Hope you're feeling better Elliot. If this BMW driver lives in the canyon and commutes to town around that time, perhaps a stakeout is in order.
    It's thought that he does, as nobody else would be heading East on that road at that time.....

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Pretty sure Elliot could ID this same vehicle if he were to see it again. I'd go looking for it in the local neighborhoods asap if this happen to me. If he can get help from Jeffco in the form of BMW sedans registered in the canyon, it won't be that hard to find. Most folks living up GG drive SUVs and trucks, not black BMW sedans. Police won't bother with his case without solid proof. His only hope is to find the truck driver to collaborate his story and sue the BMW driver in Civil court for medical + pain and suffering. Two days at Holy Tony's with his injuries is going to be very expensive.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I wonder if the local news would pick up this story after the same thing happening in Texas? Could help to find the guy, or at least make him feel like shit enough to not do it again.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236