Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yes, sometimes they ARE out to kill you.....

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Yes, sometimes they ARE out to kill you.....

http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/dri...%28Jalopnik%29

There's no doubt this was intentional, especially the "I don't care!" comment. This guy needs serious prison time.....or a good lynching.....
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Re: Yes, sometimes they ARE out to kill you.....

You should see some of the idiots on the Fox31 facebook post about this.

Keith Clark Speeding. Passing on a double solid yellow line. I wish they died. Good job by guy in car
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    You should see some of the idiots on the Fox31 facebook post about this.

Keith Clark Speeding. Passing on a double solid yellow line. I wish they died. Good job by guy in car
    Maybe this guy needs a lesson.......
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

I'm sure all the idiots posting against the biker and passenger have broken laws before so maybe they should die too... fucking bunch of stupid fucking morons roaming this earth...
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Bravery behind the wheel (or the clip-ons) sometimes comes with a heavy tax. You've been warned.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I dont get it. With anything in life you have to pay to play. Everyone is responsible for their own actions. The car driver should go to jail and the motorcyclist should quit bitching about being a "victim". Its a joke. His illegal riding got him into this.

I can tell you this: if the motorcyclist wasn't illegally passing in the other lane he wouldnt have gotten hit.

Now there is a gofundme because he has 3 teenagers at home and they are all going to loose their home... Im guessing (just a guess) that the bike wasnt insured and neither were they (medically).

I am sick and tired of people that cant even put one foot in front of another in life, dont have any money saved up, dont have insurance, dont realize what an accident can do to your life, dont wear ATGATT putting themselves in these situations and then asking the public to feel sorry for them and give them money.

The driver of the car is a complete piece of shit but so is the rider.
    Last edited by Ezzzzy1; Mon Oct 19th, 2015 at 05:55 PM.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

THE CAR DRIVER: William Crum (6 of Grandbury, Texas. He was driving a 2 door 1996 Mercury. His Address: 2616 Unicorn CT, Grandbury, Texas 76048. THE MOTORCYCLE DRIVER: Eric Sanders (37) whom is doing fine. THE MOTORCYCLE PASSENGER: Debra Simpson (3 is in ICU at Harris Methodist Hospital in Fort Worth with severe arm and leg injuries.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    I dont get it. With anything in life you have to pay to play. Everyone is responsible for their own actions. The car driver should go to jail and the motorcyclist should quit bitching about being a "victim". Its a joke. His illegal riding got him into this.

I can tell you this: if the motorcyclist wasn't illegally passing in the other lane he wouldnt have gotten hit.

Now there is a gofundme because he has 3 teenagers at home and they are all going to loose their home... Im guessing (just a guess) that the bike wasnt insured and neither were they (medically).

I am sick and tired of people that cant even put one foot in front of another in life, dont have any money saved up, dont have insurance, dont realize what an accident can do to your life, dont wear ATGATT putting themselves in these situations and then asking the public to feel sorry for them and give them money.

That's just about the dumbest f#cking thing I've ever heard. Yes, the rider was passing on a DY.....but NOTHING gives him the right or authority, or justification to attempt to murder the guy. the rider should get a minor traffic ticket, as he deserves, the car driver needs to go to prison. Think about this there f#cking genius, the next guy run into a ditch or hit could be YOU.....for little or no reason at all.

Aaron, or any other LEO's wanna chime in on this "genius's" statement justifying what the cager did?

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    That's just about the dumbest f#cking thing I've ever heard. Yes, the rider was passing on a DY.....but NOTHING gives him the right or authority, or justification to attempt to murder the guy. the rider should get a minor traffic ticket, as he deserves, the car driver needs to go to prison. Think about this there f#cking genius, the next guy run into a ditch or hit could be YOU.....for little or no reason at all.

Aaron, or any other LEO's wanna chime in on this "genius's" statement justifying what the cager did?
    Blow me CM. Im not justifying anything the driver did. You seem to be justifying what the rider did. Passing illegally, not wearing ATGATT, not having insurance, no money saved up to be out of work.... sounds like your kinda guy!

With anything in life you have to pay to play.
    Everyone is responsible for their own actions.
    I am sick and tired of people <Snip...> putting themselves in these situations
    <Snip...> The car driver should go to jail <Snip>
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    That's just about the dumbest f#cking thing I've ever heard. Aaron, or any other LEO's wanna chime in on this "genius's" statement justifying what the cager did?

I hope that the irony is not lost on you Frank. If you took a moment to slow down and actually read what other people contribute, instead of always letting your own internal, emotionally-funded naivety command you (at least as you normally do during your online rants), you'd realize that what EJ wrote was entirely sensible; and it is your comments that actually read as foolish and regrettably "fucking dumb".

EJ's thoughts were far more profound and valuable to the actual state of this discussion, than your personal response and aggressiveness towards his opinion could ever hope to be. I know you pride yourself on being incorporate amongst the collective "intellect" around here, with all your real world job experience, and maybe even some advanced formal schooling.... But you, my friend, are losing it I'm sorry to say.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Mon Oct 19th, 2015 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Spelling and clarity of thought.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I'll throw myself out there for criticism. I consider safety--my own as well as every other person on the road--paramount on every ride I go on. I have a job, insurance, and always wear my full gear. That said, I admit that I don't always ride under the speed limits and pass on double yellow in certain locations. If that makes me a "complete piece of shit," so be it & flame away. But, ezzy, I just can't believe anyone would say attempted murder and passing on double yellow are remotely comparable. One guy intentionally tried to harm or kill two other people; the other made an illegal lane change.

Quote Originally Posted by lth View Post
    I'll throw myself out there for criticism. I consider safety--my own as well as every other person on the road--paramount on every ride I go on. I have a job, insurance, and always wear my full gear. That said, I admit that I don't always ride under the speed limits and pass on double yellow in certain locations. If that makes me a "complete piece of shit," so be it & flame away. But, ezzy, I just can't believe anyone would say attempted murder and passing on double yellow are remotely comparable. One guy intentionally tried to harm or kill two other people; the other made an illegal lane change.
    Youre missing the point. Its way above your head.

First, show me where I said that attempted murder and passing on a double yellow are remotely comparable.
    Second, you said "having insurance, and always wear my full gear" (among other things) and that kind of disqualifies you for the "complete piece of shit qualification". Why you may ask? Because you understand the risks involved with simply throwing your leg over the bike and seemingly have taken steps to insure you dont loose everything you have because of an accident needing ultimately to go ask internet strangers to bail you out. If you want to speed and you want to pass on double yellow then thats your call but there is almost no way that you could not see the multiplier of risk/danger when doing so.

You are making this too complex by saying "
    One guy intentionally tried to harm or kill two other people; the other made an illegal lane change" when all I am saying is that the motorcyclist made the decision to pass illegally, that was his choice and his alone. I suppose you can go through life like CM and blame everyone else for things that happen to you but the reality is YOU are in charge of the decisions YOU make and no one else.

Last edited by Ezzzzy1; Mon Oct 19th, 2015 at 11:33 PM.

I don't think that rider is a piece of shit either, but I don't think he saw what ultimately happened to him, coming. And that, combined with his choice to "go for it" makes him a less-than-impressive example of a "victim" in this case. The fact he included somebody else into this mess (read: his passenger) definitely brings him that-much-nearer that "shitty" designation, however.

Personally I always ride with a sense of impending doom when I am about to roll the dice and do something that could have tragic consequences. I too pass on DY lines, and each time in preparation, my senses act almost against their own instinct, but truthfully I basically expect for somebody to swerve out to hit me!

If you're not the type of rider who tailors these moments and the entire execution of passes like this, to the "what-if" factor, expect that this same situation could and may happen to you! My singular notion is self preservation when I make a controversial pass on a car or another motorcyclist, and I consider every feasible element of it. From the courtesy of using my turn signal, to not only notify other motorists but also as a gauge to the soon-to-be-passed drivers behavior and response. I calculate distances, speeds, spaces, the urgency of the control inputs, my abilities to brake, to swerve, to accelerate. Can I see if they are watching me cautiously or menacingly in their side and rearview mirror? What's the demeanor of any passengers in the car with them? Is the car bashed, wrecked and beaten, or is it well-kept and shiny.... All of it... More.

So yeah.... I don't think that the rider is a piece of shit, but his riding and decision making verywell might be. Not solely for what he did do, but for what he failed to do.

My .02.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Tue Oct 20th, 2015 at 06:16 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Youre spot on Barn.... well except that rider. I have zero sympathy for anyone making poor decisions and paying the piper. Just like if I fucked up you wouldnt hear me crying about it. I would except my mistake and start moving in the most positive direction available to me.

If you cant afford to take time off work and have your bills payed, and home safe and on and on and on, then you honestly shouldn't be riding. If you decide to ride you should decide to minimize your exposure to danger. Riding the speed limit, following the laws and wearing good protective gear are GREAT starts to achieving this.

I bet that even if he has/had insurance they would deny the claim because he was breaking the law. Honestly I wonder what the insurance company says, it probably aint "you were speeding and passed in a no passing zone but we are going to pay this out".

aawhh shit...I have to chime in on this .....this IS one main reason why I personally think passenger seats should not be incorporated onto a sports bike. Generally bikes should just be for one. Why would anyone want to be helpless as a passenger. obviously no control, cept for hangin on to dear life.

both riders and driver are ALL FUCK UP. For the rider not to have insurance and riding with a passenger the way he did, well there you go. For the driver. Well that old fucker definitely has some screws loose. Why the hell would anyone say "I don't care" Only psychopaths say shit like that.

I think I can see now why so few visit here now.
    To many saints and privileged punks
    mayo....

Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain."

.........a crotch rocket going 85 to 90 down the highway looking like a power ranger on a mission...

Shit like this is why we can't have nice things. Oh I saw something that the he didn't have his m/C endorsement. Both in their late 30s showing that you don't have to be young to be dumb.

I would've passed the guy but I don't ride with a passenger. Unless it's to DQ or around the yard.

Youre missing the point. Its way above your head.

First, show me where I said that attempted murder and passing on a double yellow are remotely comparable.
    Second, you said "having insurance, and always wear my full gear" (among other things) and that kind of disqualifies you for the "complete piece of shit qualification". Why you may ask? Because you understand the risks involved with simply throwing your leg over the bike and seemingly have taken steps to insure you dont loose everything you have because of an accident needing ultimately to go ask internet strangers to bail you out. If you want to speed and you want to pass on double yellow then thats your call but there is almost no way that you could not see the multiplier of risk/danger when doing so.

You are making this too complex by saying "
    One guy intentionally tried to harm or kill two other people; the other made an illegal lane change" when all I am saying is that the motorcyclist made the decision to pass illegally, that was his choice and his alone. I suppose you can go through life like CM and blame everyone else for things that happen to you but the reality is YOU are in charge of the decisions YOU make and no one else.

ezzy, why are you insulting me? You accuse me and cycle_monkey of "going through life and blame everyone else for things that happen to you". Seriously? Based on one post that disagrees with you? If you knew me, you'd know that I agree completely with the latter part of your statement: I'm responsible for my own decisions & their consequences.

I'm saying I think the magnitude of "piece of shit"-ness matters here. I disagree that it's as simple as both made a mistake, therefore both are pieces of shit. You made a decision to ride a sportbike, and many people would say, "that's an incredibly stupid choice." The stats would say those people are right--motorcyclists are about 30 times more likely to die than car drivers (per mile driven); maybe sportbiker numbers are even worse--but I would also disagree with anyone who says you're a "piece of shit" because you made that choice.

Peace, man.

Ezzzy, glad you posted your view point. I've been having this same debate on another forum.

Obviously it's pretty clear both parties are at fault.
    Obviously it's pretty clear that the old man in his car was WAY out of line. An attempt on somebody's life is a completely disproportionate response to a traffic infraction. His response was exactly the same as those with aggressive opinions towards him. Just as we might hate him and want vengeance on him, he hated and executed his vengeance against the "arrogant rider who thinks he's above the law". " " as conjecture as to what he was thinking.

It seems to be a pretty clear cut situation.
    The rider should get a ticket
    The driver should go to jail or some sort. (personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the driver pay for the rider's medical bills as I think that would hurt the most, especially considering his ego.)

I think what is a much more worthwhile conversation is how do we talk about this? Obviously we're torn up. A rider was injured. We feel like a traitor if we point out any wrongs that rider has committed as we could very easily be in that position, and we want that position to be defensible. This is a reasonable emotional response. It's what's perpetuated wars and family feuds spurred by vengeance since the dawn of time. It's very typical human behavior.

However, is it logical, and does it move us as the ridership forward?

Personally, I think the right thing to do would have been for the driver to call the police. The driver isn't a LEO, and a LEO should do the law enforcing, no? Yet, here we are yelling and screaming back and forth, calling each other names and splitting the same "unified" voice which wants to support the rider, no matter what.

Isn't there something we can do as a collective to increase rider safety? NO, it won't be a quick fix, and we probably won't see the results in our lifetime, but isn't there something we can do to get things rolling in the right direction?
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

This: http://www.yourglenrosetx.com/articl...NEWS/151019367
    Apparently the driver has been arrested and is no saint, either.

I admit we make DY passes and I've made a few risky ones in my day. You roll the dice when you're interacting with cagers, your experience and skill plus a healthy spidey sense will keep you safe but is no guarantee. We accept this every time we ride.
    Last edited by asp_125; Tue Oct 20th, 2015 at 08:50 AM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by lth View Post
    ezzy, why are you insulting me? You accuse me and cycle_monkey of "going through life and blame everyone else for things that happen to you". Seriously? Based on one post that disagrees with you? If you knew me, you'd know that I agree completely with the latter part of your statement: I'm responsible for my own decisions & their consequences.

I'm saying I think the magnitude of "piece of shit"-ness matters here. I disagree that it's as simple as both made a mistake, therefore both are pieces of shit. You made a decision to ride a sportbike, and many people would say, "that's an incredibly stupid choice." The stats would say those people are right--motorcyclists are about 30 times more likely to die than car drivers (per mile driven); maybe sportbiker numbers are even worse--but I would also disagree with anyone who says you're a "piece of shit" because you made that choice.

Peace, man.
    Im not trying to insult you. I just dont think you are paying attention to what I am saying. Go back to when I asked you to "show me where I said that attempted murder and passing on a double yellow are remotely comparable". We have to be missing each other somewhere if you think that is what I am saying. And now you are saying that I accused you of going through life and blaming everyone else.... Where did I accuse you of that?

Im saying hes a piece of shit for making THESE (not just one) choices. 1. Not wearing full gear. 2. Not making his passenger wear full gear. 3. Not having health insurance. 4. Not having auto insurance. 5. *NEW* Not having a motorcycle endorsement. 6. Not being in a position to not loose their house and support their children.

Notice that I didnt once say passing on the DY or speeding? Even though BOTH of those are 100% the reason he got hit.

Its a conversation online and im sure a lot is lost in translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    Shit like this is why we can't have nice things. Oh I saw something that the he didn't have his m/C endorsement. Both in their late 30s showing that you don't have to be young to be dumb.
    Great point.

I read some postings on the motorcycle rider's FB page, and he admitted to knowing that in days prior to this "collision", this same driver had had a "swerving incident" with one of his friends and fellow riders.

My only question then, is this... If the rider knew the driver's (tendencies let's call them), to be hostile and otherwise show anti-motorcycle behavior and aggression.... WHY IN THE FUCK would he still have continued to do what he did, and tempt driver and provoke actions that he ALREADY KNEW WERE LIKELY??

Listen. The car driver is a grumpy old man, who simply doesn't give a fuck. He's lived, he'll die soon, he's a honey badger. He should definitely still get charged with something and convicted of it..

But truthfully, I'm starting to feel less-&-less sorry for this "rider". He strikes me as the type who probably gets into his own head too much, convinced of himself that he can go looking for trouble to solve it, or at least has the notion of "The next motherfucker that does that to me or one of my friends..." Well. There ya go. Welcome to Martyrdom. Cable TV is provided and you can order your meals from your bedside phone.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

This will all take a fun twist when the girl involved realizes that she it the only one that can sue and then her attorney tells her that she can sue the idiot that was driving the car..... AND THE IDIOT THAT WAS DRIVING THE MOTORCYCLE!

and he doesn't even have an endorsement? Crazy as he was stating get his license plate several times. but did not go to his injured passenger right away...