Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Yes, sometimes they ARE out to kill you.....

Re: Yes, sometimes they ARE out to kill you.....

Just regular deck cards with zombies on them
    mayo....

Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain."

.........a crotch rocket going 85 to 90 down the highway looking like a power ranger on a mission...

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Well how about this... Drop your insurance, ditch the gear and get your license revoked. If you dont want to do that then we agree, its that simple.
    I would have to start by ridding the world of myself for agreeing with you
    mayo....

Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.
    Only I will remain."

.........a crotch rocket going 85 to 90 down the highway looking like a power ranger on a mission...

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

And CM, head on over to any of the AUTO forums ie mustang, corvette, GTR etc... They will eat you alive with your narrow minded bubble

I suppose im in the minority on a motorcycle forum, calling the motorcycle rider out but EVERYWHERE else they are tearing the rider a new asshole.
    It doesn't matter what the OTHER morons "tearing the guy a new asshole" on any car (or other) forum say, the DA, who knows better than the rest of us, is charging the car driver with 2 counts of assault with a deadly weapon, and the rider gets a minor traffic ticket. Exactly my attitude towards the whole thing, what I predicted, and exactly the opposite of yours. As far as suing him, you obviously don't know anything about lawsuits either there genius. If a person can get millions of dollars for spilling their OWN coffee in their crotch, are you retarded enough to think that a blatant intent to kill or severely injure 2 people, one of them a FEMALE no less, will not be significantly compensated financially by the jury??? SRSLY?

So, I have YET so see anyone post anything even remotely intelligent trying to counter those 4 scenarios. If you (or anyone else here) can't even understand the vast difference between a guy making a pass on a double yellow and a guy assaulting him with his car, do us all a favor, if you're not going to step in front of a speeding train, at least never vote again or be a member of a jury.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

I love how you keep proclaiming your victories CM I WIN I WIN

Its even more amusing how you waste half you day writing novels on here about hypothetical mumbo jumbo that you think proves some point about how the motorcyclest that got hit was somehow justified in 1 being a dumbass and 2 riding like one.
    Well there Corky, it might take YOU 1/2 a day to write that, but for me it was maybe 10 minutes. All yet another example on how you have about zero reading comprehension. I clearly stated the rider should get a ticket. He made a pass on a DY, so that makes him, in your opinion a dumbass? Wow, then YOU, and EVERYONE here is a dumbass. I never said anything about "justification" except that Crum was certainly NOT justified to take the law into his own hands and deliberately hit the guy. You really can't understand the serious nature of that, can you? Well, glad the DA can. If that's how your "Generation Entitled" thinks now, the world is well and truly f#cked....
    Last edited by CYCLE_MONKEY; Wed Oct 21st, 2015 at 08:31 PM.
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Gold Member

Just dropping in to say hello.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

So, I've been lurking about and I was really hopeful that this thread was going to go somewhere valuable -

Defensive riding techniques, always planning to have an escape route, scene awareness etc.

Sadly what's happened is that we've devolved to name calling, claiming victory in an internet forum regarding a situation that happened 1000 miles away and for which we have limited information. It is entirely possible that there was an altercation between the rider and the driver before this film starts - for SURE that doesn't justify the driver's actions, but we don't have all of the information here.

sincerely

bummed in SLC

mayo....

Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.
    Only I will remain."

Quote Originally Posted by daemon View Post
    Damn!! I don't even know where to start on what a complete piece of shit and a total moron this guy is!! Wasp sting, spider bite, it's all infected now (yet there's nothing there), found the spider in the tub later that night (the spider must have stood up and said, "hey, I'm the guy who bit you earlier today"). What a joke. He doesn't even lie very well. He practically admits that he hit the biker on purpose. A spider bit me and I thought the biker was a "turd" doing something wrong. Hopefully his past history will bury this fucktard when he gets in front of a judge. Although, our courts are pretty fucked up and he'll probably walk. Hopefully, Bubba will give him some ass time before his court appearance!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    So, I've been lurking about and I was really hopeful that this thread was going to go somewhere valuable -

Defensive riding techniques, always planning to have an escape route, scene awareness etc.

Sadly what's happened is that we've devolved to name calling, claiming victory in an internet forum regarding a situation that happened 1000 miles away and for which we have limited information. It is entirely possible that there was an altercation between the rider and the driver before this film starts - for SURE that doesn't justify the driver's actions, but we don't have all of the information here.

sincerely

bummed in SLC
    With these kids? Surely you jest!

The rider has stated he never saw the guy before. Crum even said he never saw them before, only mistook them for others simply because they road motorcycles. Also, the longer video, shows no previous connection.

On that road, at that time, there was no escape route, except just ride off into the grass.

The guy swerved into his lane pretty violently, maybe if he hadn't had a passenger he could have swerved more, but it happened so fast I doubt it.

Nothing could justify Crum's actions.

SHOULD the guy and girl have been wearing gear? Yup. How much or little that affected anything we'll never know. Plenty of people I know still got rashed wearing gear.

Should he have been 100% properly licensed? Yup, mentioned that already.

Should he have passed on a DY? Legally, no. Practically, I saw no reason not to. I probably would have too. So give me a ticket, and him one too. Mentioned that already.

Did Crum intentionally assault the 2 riders with a deadly weapon, injuring them? ABSOLUTELY, and he needs to go to prison for it. Guess the Corky's of the world can't grasp that.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    With these kids? Surely you jest!

The rider has stated he never saw the guy before. Crum even said he never saw them before, only mistook them for others simply because they road motorcycles. Also, the longer video, shows no previous connection.

On that road, at that time, there was no escape route, except just ride off into the grass.

The guy swerved into his lane pretty violently, maybe if he hadn't had a passenger he could have swerved more, but it happened so fast I doubt it.

Nothing could justify Crum's actions.

SHOULD the guy and girl have been wearing gear? Yup. How much or little that affected anything we'll never know. Plenty of people I know still got rashed wearing gear.

Should he have been 100% properly licensed? Yup, mentioned that already.

Should he have passed on a DY? Legally, no. Practically, I saw no reason not to. I probably would have too. So give me a ticket, and him one too. Mentioned that already.

Did Crum intentionally assault the 2 riders with a deadly weapon, injuring them? ABSOLUTELY, and he needs to go to prison for it. Guess the Corky's of the world can't grasp that.
    Frank - in my opinion this is a great post right up until you insult anyone who doesn't agree with you by calling them names. What purpose does that serve? It's really possible to hear someone else's argument and not agree with it. It doesn't make them "stupid" or somehow "less".

I agree with everything else you've said - gear should be worn, greater care needs to be exercised when riding with a passenger and this is vehicular assault.

Frank thinks he and the prosecutor are buddies now because they agree and Frank also thinks that no one else on here agrees with whats happening to the driver of the car. Hes arguing because there are other people looking at the different aspects of what happened instead of just the Nazi car driver who Frank wants to see die a slow painful death.

The fact of the matter is the process will deal with the driver of the car. There hasnt been a single disagreement on this thread about what should happen to the driver but Frank still feels the need to argue his points.

Frank! Everyone agrees that the driver is a piece of shit and deserves to go to jail. All anyone else is saying is that the motorcycle rider sucks at life as well and could have kept himself out of this situation with a number of decisions. You are soo wrapped up in what the driver did that there is no way you can even begin to see where the motorcyclist contributed to his own misery.

Either way. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to see what should be done about the driver and his actions. Keep arguing and keep thinking that anyone saying anything about the other aspects of this accident is arguing with you.

Im out.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

A class act!
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    Frank - in my opinion this is a great post right up until you insult anyone who doesn't agree with you by calling them names. What purpose does that serve? It's really possible to hear someone else's argument and not agree with it. It doesn't make them "stupid" or somehow "less".

I agree with everything else you've said - gear should be worn, greater care needs to be exercised when riding with a passenger and this is vehicular assault.
    Guess so, I just took offense to one of the local Cork.....er, folks calling the rider "a total piece of shit" for not measuring up to the high standards of one of the privi....er, folks here. There was absolutely no call for that. What if the guy's broke and can't afford all the latest gear? Or afford to have as much spare cash in the bank as the sain....er, folk here? Who is anyone to play cop and say he shouldn't have passed on a DY and therefore deserves what he gets? ESPECIALY when I know damn well THEY have passed on a DY at least once. I certainly have. So, I just took exception to someone high-handed blaming the victim here. That's the same mentality that blames the rape victim for wearing a set of tight jeans..... Again, I think the DA's actions speak volumes, and he's doing exactly what needs doing. I'm just glad to see action on this. It could happen to any of us, for any reason, even if he made a 100% legal pass on a DOTTED line. And I would be just as angry if it had been Ezzzzzzzy1 and supportive TO him. We, as a society, cannot have people assaulting people with deadly weapons for minor traffic infractions. Period.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Gold Member

I think the driver should be a real wakeup call to everyone that rides. Honestly. Like I said about lane splitting you have no idea what kind of day/week/month/year/life that person in the car is having.

Not to justify anyone's actions just saying that you never know what minor action might trigger them to just explode.

No one but yourself is in charge of your safety. So be safe. Don't be in a rush. Enjoy life.

Frank simmer down guy.

Frank simmer down guy.
    Oh no, now you went and done it... LOL
    mayo....

Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.
    Only I will remain."

I think the driver should be a real wakeup call to everyone that rides. Honestly. Like I said about lane splitting you have no idea what kind of day/week/month/year/life that person in the car is having.

Not to justify anyone's actions just saying that you never know what minor action might trigger them to just explode.

No one but yourself is in charge of your safety. So be safe. Don't be in a rush. Enjoy life.

Frank simmer down guy.
    Hey man, don't make me explode now!

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Gold Member

Hey man, don't make me explode now!
    We can cuddle. Would that help?

.....hmmm name calling??? We are all thick skin here.. We are all tough sports bike guys..

We can cuddle. Would that help?
    ....ok, only as long as I'm the big spoon....

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Gold Member

....ok, only as long as I'm the big spoon....
    for sure!

.....hmmm name calling??? We are all thick skin here.. We are all tough sports bike guys..