Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yes, sometimes they ARE out to kill you.....

Re: Yes, sometimes they ARE out to kill you.....

I only saw the info on another site. I'm curious as to how this actually plays out 6 months from now.

She's the only person that made one bad choice. The other two made a couple dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Im not trying to insult you. I just dont think you are paying attention to what I am saying. Go back to when I asked you to "show me where I said that attempted murder and passing on a double yellow are remotely comparable". We have to be missing each other somewhere if you think that is what I am saying. And now you are saying that I accused you of going through life and blaming everyone else.... Where did I accuse you of that?

Im saying hes a piece of shit for making THESE (not just one) choices. 1. Not wearing full gear. 2. Not making his passenger wear full gear. 3. Not having health insurance. 4. Not having auto insurance. 5. *NEW* Not having a motorcycle endorsement. 6. Not being in a position to not loose their house and support their children.

Notice that I didnt once say passing on the DY or speeding? Even though BOTH of those are 100% the reason he got hit.

Its a conversation online and im sure a lot is lost in translation.
    I'm paying attention to what you're saying, and I agree a lot is probably lost in translation. If we're ever at the same CSC event, I'll buy you a beer. Cheers & safe riding to you.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Blow me CM. Im not justifying anything the driver did. You seem to be justifying what the rider did. Passing illegally, not wearing ATGATT, not having insurance, no money saved up to be out of work.... sounds like your kinda guy!
    ...if you think you can make me.....punk.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

For clarification he got HIT because the guy swerved. Yes, he could have simply stayed home that day. Oh, hey, maybe if he hadn't even been born.... Happy now?

For reference, the DA down ther obviously agrees with my line of thinking vs. yours:
    http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime...f-granbury.ece

GRANBURY — A 68-year-old man accused of veering his car into a motorcycle, injuring both of its riders, has been arrested on aggravated assault charges.

William Crum of Granbury was arrested Monday afternoon and charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Hood County District Attorney Rob Christian said Crum would remain in custody pending a bond hearing Tuesday. He didn’t know whether Crum has an attorney who could comment on his behalf.

Each count carries a punishment of two to 20 years in prison if convicted.

The crash happened Saturday on a two-lane road about 5 miles north of Granbury. Eric Sanders, the driver of the motorcycle, contends the car’s driver swerved intentionally. He suffered abrasions, and his girlfriend was taken to a Fort Worth hospital with a broken wrist and deep arm lacerations.

---------------------------------------

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/unusual-...it-motorcycle/

GRANBURY, Texas -- A 68-year-old man accused of veering his car across a double yellow line into a motorcycle, sending both of its riders tumbling to the pavement, has been arrested on aggravated assault charges.

Video of the incident has gone viral.

And the accused is claiming a sudden spider bite or wasp sting led him to momentarily lose control of his car.

William Crum, of Granbury, was arrested Monday afternoon and charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Hood County District Attorney Rob Christian said Crum would remain in custody pending a bond hearing Tuesday. He didn't know whether Crum has an attorney who could comment on his behalf.

Each count carries a punishment of two to 20 years in prison if convicted.

The crash happened Saturday on a two-lane road about 5 miles north of Granbury and was captured on video, which has since gone viral, by another motorist.

The video shows motorcyclist Eric Sanders crossing double yellow lines in an apparent effort to pass a car on Texas's Tin Top Highway.

The car can then be seen sideswiping Sanders' bike, on which Sanders' girlfriend was also riding.

Crum told CBS Dallas his actions were "uncontrollable. I felt the heavy sting and, reflex, whatever. My hand was on the wheel." He says the spider bit him in the inner-thigh. Previously, he said it was a wasp sting.

CBS Dallas asked Crum to show evidence of the insect interaction, but the station's reporter saw no sign of it.

Sanders contends the car's driver swerved intentionally. He told CBS Houston affiliate KHOU-TV he's "seen people pull in front of me all the time, people cut me off all the time. Never in my life has anyone tried to hit me."

The man who shot the video confronted Crum and recorded the exchange.

"What were you doing? You hit them," the man can be heard saying.

"I don't care," Crum replies.

Crum told CBS Dallas Monday he's seen other motorcyclists on that road doing "wheelies at 60 mph, and I thought he was one of those. I didn't know there was a passenger."

Sanders suffered abrasions, and his girlfriend was taken to a Fort Worth hospital with a broken wrist and deep arm lacerations. She was moved from the Intensive Care Unit Monday to a regular room and was listed in stable condition, CBS Dallas says.

-------------------------------

http://www.yourglenrosetx.com/articl...news/151019367
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

What's even more funny about all of this (at least to my observation anyway), is that I have a sneaky feeling that guys like Monkey and his ilk tend to be outraged over things like this when they feel personally connected to it, but not under circumstances where they have no personal empathy or allegiance.

It's like in a case like this, their passion and frustration is so great, and the perceived injustice and anger that they feel towards the person who performed the assault is so strong and unflappable, even though the quote/unquote "victim" maybe made decisions to help put themselves into the situation. The affiliation of being a fellow "rider" makes it so undeniably "personal" to how they form their opinion.

Yet when a person from (perhaps say....) the inner city is shot and killed (often by cops no less!) and some camera footage shows them shoplifting, or stealing a car, or doing/selling drugs, or breaking a noise ordinance with their car stereo, or some other minimally impactful "illegal act", the response is always the same: Deserved it. The guy was a thug.

Last edited by ~Barn~; Tue Oct 20th, 2015 at 02:35 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by Spooph View Post
    Ezzzy, glad you posted your view point. I've been having this same debate on another forum.

Obviously it's pretty clear both parties are at fault.
    Obviously it's pretty clear that the old man in his car was WAY out of line. An attempt on somebody's life is a completely disproportionate response to a traffic infraction. His response was exactly the same as those with aggressive opinions towards him. Just as we might hate him and want vengeance on him, he hated and executed his vengeance against the "arrogant rider who thinks he's above the law". " " as conjecture as to what he was thinking.

It seems to be a pretty clear cut situation.
    The rider should get a ticket
    The driver should go to jail or some sort. (personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the driver pay for the rider's medical bills as I think that would hurt the most, especially considering his ego.)

I think what is a much more worthwhile conversation is how do we talk about this? Obviously we're torn up. A rider was injured. We feel like a traitor if we point out any wrongs that rider has committed as we could very easily be in that position, and we want that position to be defensible. This is a reasonable emotional response. It's what's perpetuated wars and family feuds spurred by vengeance since the dawn of time. It's very typical human behavior.

However, is it logical, and does it move us as the ridership forward?

Personally, I think the right thing to do would have been for the driver to call the police. The driver isn't a LEO, and a LEO should do the law enforcing, no? Yet, here we are yelling and screaming back and forth, calling each other names and splitting the same "unified" voice which wants to support the rider, no matter what.

Isn't there something we can do as a collective to increase rider safety? NO, it won't be a quick fix, and we probably won't see the results in our lifetime, but isn't there something we can do to get things rolling in the right direction?
    Sadly I have to say the answer to your question is maybe. I have tried with only minimal success to take beginners "under my wing" so to speak and only a few have realized or appreciated the effort. Some I'm sad to say were not even interested in the attempt and made decisions that had large risk.

This is a positive direction for this conversation. Instead of complaining or pointing fingers at people that probably none of us will ever know or meet why not try to nmake a difference in an area you can control.

Interesting thoughts!
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    What's even more funny about all of this (at least to my observation anyway), is that I have a sneaky feeling that guys like Monkey and his ilk tend to be outraged over things like this when they feel personally connected to it, but not under circumstances where they have no personal empathy or allegiance.

It's like in a case like this, their passion and frustration is so great, and the perceived injustice and anger that they feel towards the person who performed the assault is so strong and unflappable, even though the quote/unquote "victim" maybe made decisions to help put themselves into the situation. The affiliation of being a fellow "rider" makes it so undeniably "personal" to how they form their opinion.

Yet when a person from (perhaps say....) the inner city is shot and killed (often by cops no less!) and some camera footage shows them shoplifting, or stealing a car, or doing/selling drugs, or breaking a noise ordinance with their car stereo, or some other minimally impactful "illegal act", the response is always the same: Deserved it. The guy was a thug.

"Ilk"? You mean NON-habitual DUI crowd? If so, that's me. I'll argue "morals" and "judgement" at length with you any time bro, so you can get off your high (liberal) horse any time now.....I'll help ya down.

Ok, so, "Ilk" here thinks the rider made a questionable pass, definately worthy of a ticket, but not unsafe as far as I saw. And so, him and the other rider should get a ticket for passing on a double yellow, and any equipment or license violations they may be guilty of. Fair enough, the video SHOWS them to be guilty. That said, NOTHING the rider did gave the car driver the RIGHT or the AUTHORITY to PURPOSELY slam his car into the rider. PERIOD.

As for the absurd "inner city" comment, for example in the Mike Brown case, if the THUG had just stolen a box of cigars, he or any other THUG does not deserve to get shot for that. No, what that THUG got shot for was ASSAULTING AN OFFICER, and trying to take his gun. And, obviously the DA and Grand Jury agree with my sense of judgement and morals there (not yours), as they did in the Zimmerman/Martin case....and obviously as they did in THIS case. Please also note that the DA has so far declined to press "failure to wear ATGATT" charges as ASSSSSY1 would advocate. Ahhh, children......

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Sure Frank... I've made mistakes, you clearly know that. But your Ad hominem material doesn't help you out in this case. And really, it's so dated at this point, it just kinda makes you look desperate.

All of my misgivings have been dealt with, served, remunerated, rehabilitated, and otherwise paid-in-full, long-long ago. Did I have a stretch of pressing my luck and paying the piper (both in real court and in the court of public opinion) for drinking and driving? Yeah, anybody who's known me, knows that.. But how far back do you expect to leverage this? Another 10 years from now?
    So yeah... No need helping this high horse down from anywhere; it's just one of many in the stable. Kinda like all the bikes I ride.

But no hard feelings. I realize that my opinion probably stings, and if my young adult life continues to be your "goto" in substitute for actual substance, so be it. All it really does it make my replies that much easier. =)
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

CYCLE_MONKY - glad you cited an article which also included that the rider had an invalid license and got cited for an improper pass... Which has been the point all along. To pull a page out of your own book then:

The more I spend with your words the more I see that such a narrow field of problem identification can only result in one thing: Bi-partisanship. That means, no matter how angry you get, no matter how many capital letters you put in a response, no matter what you do, your perception only allows for one perspective, and by limiting yourself to only one perspective you perpetuate that which you abhore. Since you are then the cause and result of your own aggravation only you can end or worsen it.

It is sad that you so stubbornly cling to that very narrow perspective and block out our attempts at helping you alleviate your own suffering and maybe actually do some good by trying to find something good in this situation - like an educational opportunity.

You can bring a horse to water and you can beat it to death, but you can't make it drink. I guess the horse will die of thirst because it is too proud to drink.
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    This: http://www.yourglenrosetx.com/articl...NEWS/151019367
    Apparently the driver has been arrested and is no saint, either.

I admit we make DY passes and I've made a few risky ones in my day. You roll the dice when you're interacting with cagers, your experience and skill plus a healthy spidey sense will keep you safe but is no guarantee. We accept this every time we ride.
    One person out of the lot of you seems to be willing to admit his faults without putting up a fit about who did what and did they have the right.
    So many saints and preachers
    mayo....

Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain."

.........a crotch rocket going 85 to 90 down the highway looking like a power ranger on a mission...

Quote Originally Posted by daemon View Post
    One person out of the lot of you seems to be willing to admit his faults without putting up a fit about who did what and did they have the right.
    Keep coming back with it!

Id like to know why you think anyone thinks they are a saint and are being preachers? And if I am part of your finger pointing, just go ahead and quote something thats been written and I will address it.

I think I can see now why so few visit here now.
    To many saints and privileged punks
    Just out of curiosity, whos the privileged punks that you are taking about?
    Last edited by Ezzzzy1; Tue Oct 20th, 2015 at 05:44 PM.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Great point.

I read some postings on the motorcycle rider's FB page, and he admitted to knowing that in days prior to this "collision", this same driver had had a "swerving incident" with one of his friends and fellow riders.

My only question then, is this... If the rider knew the driver's (tendencies let's call them), to be hostile and otherwise show anti-motorcycle behavior and aggression.... WHY IN THE FUCK would he still have continued to do what he did, and tempt driver and provoke actions that he ALREADY KNEW WERE LIKELY??:
    what gave you the idea that he knew who he was passing ?
    Did it appear in the short(thanks to media) that he was stalking or searching for the driver.
    He made a pass that many of us have in the past. Saints exempted. Not really aware of who it was..IMO.
    He pulled a move too close for passing, but I have pulled many of these in the past without incident.
    But at times groups I have been included in or leading have had problems with drivers for our aggressive moved.
    I have even had officers watch footage from one of my rides for evidence against a driver that was swerving into our lane to stop us or scare us.
    The police could care less about all the infractions that he saw myself or others make in my video.
    Nor did he ask for my license. As most of us know by now police care very little for small infractions that are not worth the excess paper work with little reward.
    I haven't had a(knock on wood) speeding or other infraction ticket in 5 or 6 years.
    Not because I'm innocent ��, just that I am aware and diligent
    mayo....

Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.
    Only I will remain."

.........a crotch rocket going 85 to 90 down the highway looking like a power ranger on a mission...

I really don't think I would do any good pointing fingers.
    Just suffice it to say that someone needs to have all their eggs in their basket to even be allowed to enjoy the sport we share .
    I'm not like Frank.I won't play your "I'm better than you"game.
    Keep coming back with it!

Id like to know why you think anyone thinks they are a saint and are being preachers? And if I am part of your finger pointing, just go ahead and quote something thats been written and I will address it.

Just out of curiosity, whos the privileged punks that you are taking about?
    mayo....

Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.
    Only I will remain."

I haven't had a(knock on wood) speeding or other infraction ticket in 5 or 6 years.
    Not because I'm innocent ��, just that I am aware and diligent
    Do you want an award, perhaps for being a saint?

I really don't think I would do any good pointing fingers.
    Just suffice it to say that someone needs to have all their eggs in their basket to even be allowed to enjoy the sport we share .
    I'm not like Frank.I won't play your "I'm better than you"game.
    All you would have to do to prove that I am playing a "Im better than you" game, is show me where it is that I am playing said game.
    Last edited by Ezzzzy1; Tue Oct 20th, 2015 at 06:06 PM.

You are true that Jeff post was self deprecating, and didn't pass any outward judgment, but doesn't necessarily mean he's absent a more pointed opinion on the situation. His diplomacy game is strong, no doubt.

But Mayo, if a lot of the rest of this feels like preaching or sermonizing, it's because there actually is a lesson that can be learned from. The problem is that it gets drowned (or if not drowned, at least diluted) by so much asinine commentary in threads like this one, that only draws attention to the driver's failures and none of the riders. Yeah, I get that poor biker was the nail and that the murderous car guy was the hammer, but what's wrong with some of us just pointing out the fact that they're both tools? [Ha! See what I did there?]

The car driver has everything this side of a lynching thrown at him -- nope, wait... Frank did call for a lynching -- but nothing to say of what the rider could have maybe done differently? I mean I get it, it's a public forum, and people who know (or read) CM, get it. But we are a freaking Motorcycle Club after all! It's our collective *job* to preach at each other about motorcycle related shit!

EJ's post may have been harsh, but he was right. My posts are not easily palatable, but they're true. But don't mistake us using the pulpit as our declaration of sainthood, it's not that. It's just that some of us here are playing checkers, while some of us here are playing chess.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Tue Oct 20th, 2015 at 06:09 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

what gave you the idea that he knew who he was passing ? Did it appear in the short(thanks to media) that he was stalking or searching for the driver. He made a pass that many of us have in the past. Saints exempted. Not really aware of who it was..IMO. <Snip...>
    A valid point, he may not have known. But it's my gut feeling that he probably has familiarity with the area and the drivers in it. His personal social media posts seem to make us want to believe that.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

You sir do not bait battles well. Perhaps a lesson from a prostitute at the bedroom door.
    Do you want an award, perhaps for being a saint?

All you would have to do to prove that I am playing a "Im better than you" game, is show me where it is that I am playing said game.
    mayo....

Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.
    Only I will remain."

A valid point, he may not have known. But it's my gut feeling that he probably has familiarity with the area and the drivers in it. His personal social media posts seem to make us want to believe that.
    Perhaps... I'm not siding with anyone.
    Just saying that we as a motorcyclist community don't always need to fight amongst ourselves to please the idiots that are watching and waiting to see where they find us weak
    mayo....

Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.
    Only I will remain."

You sir do not bait battles well. Perhaps a lesson from a prostitute at the bedroom door.
    Im not trying to fight with you. But when I feel that I am being called out, I will play.

Im asking you straight up to answer for running you keys and you wont. If you are calling someone out and saying they are "saints" and "privileged" then back it up. Dont follow it up with "I wouldnt do any good" after making general comments.

If it was my attention that you wanted, you got it. Now what? You want to have a conversation or are you just going to keep telling us how "aware and diligent" you are?

And in case you missed it, being aware and diligent is really all anyone you are opposing is saying

Quote Originally Posted by Spooph View Post
    CYCLE_MONKY - glad you cited an article which also included that the rider had an invalid license and got cited for an improper pass... Which has been the point all along. To pull a page out of your own book then:

The more I spend with your words the more I see that such a narrow field of problem identification can only result in one thing: Bi-partisanship. That means, no matter how angry you get, no matter how many capital letters you put in a response, no matter what you do, your perception only allows for one perspective, and by limiting yourself to only one perspective you perpetuate that which you abhore. Since you are then the cause and result of your own aggravation only you can end or worsen it.

It is sad that you so stubbornly cling to that very narrow perspective and block out our attempts at helping you alleviate your own suffering and maybe actually do some good by trying to find something good in this situation - like an educational opportunity.

You can bring a horse to water and you can beat it to death, but you can't make it drink. I guess the horse will die of thirst because it is too proud to drink.
    Actually, that's not the point. The point is a car driver took the law into his own hands, and assaulted a rider with his car. All HUGE no-no's, and frowned upon extremely by the law. Any and ALL minor traffic infractions or paperwork infractions (which the car driver as surely didn't know about as the rider knowing the car driver's history - an absurd theory) give the car driver exactly ZERO right or legal authority to do what he did. And, since the DA is charging him for that, while ignoring all but the double yellow passes by the riders (certainly not charging him with "ATGATT violations!!!!" LOL), I believe that illustrates my point perfectly. The only "perspective" I know is the truth, brutal as it is. Thank God the DA sees it that way as well and is prosecuting the a$$hole. Too often we are free and easy targets. If I had a myopic "perspective", why is the DA doing almost exactly what I said he should? Hmmm?

Again, did the rider commit a minor traffic infraction, and seem to be without proper paperwork as well? Certainly, and I've already mentioned that. Yawn. But again, it goes back to the car driver committing the serious criminal acts. And in the eyes of the law, that is what they're going to (rightly) focus on. With that video, and the "I don't care!" comment it should be a slam-dunk for the jury.

Here's what blows me away, the same people here that sometimes or routinely pass on double yellows, defnatelly routinely speed, sometimes not wear ATGATT, and might have questionable equipment (especially license plates) or paperwork, and could be considered by the caging public to ride recklessly, are trying to pin blame on the rider! Wow. He's guilty of what I mentioned, nothing more. I don't ride much with CSC-ers because the first ride I was on here in '03 resulted in all sorts of asshattery and 2 totalled bikes. I've seen other really stupid shit and refuse to do the group rides, except with a select group of "older" folk, some here, some not.

And don't worry Barn, I figure I can milk that for at LEAST another 10 years....probably until I drop dead (if I've even got 10 years left....).....but I still love ya man! LOLZ....

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Wow.
    Okay. Let's play
    I by and large have not had the best of record as a motorcyclist.
    My first incident was as I was rolling along someone that has their right hand turn signal on. Turned left in front of me.
    I plowed through their front quarter panel and flew over the front of their vehicle to land on my back with a short bonk to my non helmeted head. Luck was on my side. I was able to continue on to work after the typical talk with the police and perpetrators.
    She was uninsured. So began my misery.
    She had recently been released from a mental institute and should have been under surveillance.
    Even though witnesses were able to collaborate that I was in the right. Neither was ticketed.
    I ended up later with a hernia that they would dispute who was at fault.
    Insurance company ended up winning this one by giving me the minimal of what what they thought was justifiable.
    I could have, should have fought for more.
    Not everyone at everytime in their life is prepared for everything that happens in their life.
    The best part of this is that after 7 weeks of being off of work while having my then ex-wife take care of me was forcing me out the door.(my fault). Different story
    Thankfully a previous land lord was willing to allow me to move into a house I had rented before with as little as 8$ for a deposit.

You sir think that we that enjoy the sport should only enjoy the sport if we are fully able to envision all that can happen in every decision we may make. not all of us are magicians...i have many better stories to share. When we ever meet
    Im not trying to fight with you. But when I feel that I am being called out, I will play.

Im asking you straight up to answer for running you keys and you wont. If you are calling someone out and saying they are "saints" and "privileged" then back it up. Dont follow it up with "I wouldnt do any good" after making general comments.

If it was my attention that you wanted, you got it. Now what? You want to have a conversation or are you just going to keep telling us how "aware and diligent" you are?

And in case you missed it, being aware and diligent is really all anyone you are opposing is saying
    mayo....

Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.
    Only I will remain."

I still love you too, Frank. =)
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I still love you too, Frank. =)
    Favoritism.
    The point is we don't know need to know each other, like each other, agree with each other or believe we are right.
    We as a community need to band together so that those who would tear us apart don't gain ground.
    No, I'm not speaking as a conspiracy theorist, just someone that knows they are watching.... LOL
    mayo....

Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.
    Only I will remain."

I limit myself to matters of MotoGP anymore but this one I'll throw my .02 cents on.

Way I see it from wall that's been provided, is that both are in the wrong. The driver should be charged as such. Swerving at someone on a motorcycle is dangerous and potentially fatal. Showing his lack of composure is now going to cost him his freedom.

The motorcyclist, should not have been passing on a double yellow. He decided to pull an ill conceived pass against a driver that he had no possibly way of calculating him swerving at him.

With regards to the rider and his passenger being equipped with minimal riding gear, that's really neither here nor there. Certainly it didn't help when they went down. However, having full racing gear they both I'm sure would have sustained some form of injury. Maybe not to the extent they have but some bumps and bruises for sure. In terms of him and her going down, surely they both could have been wearing more gear. However, I'm sure they didn't expect to go down either on their weekend ride.

Passing on a double yellow around people in cars only provokes those who have an itch to scratch with bikers.

Should the rider have passed on a double yellow?? No, he was wrong. Should the cager swerved at the rider?? No, he was incredibly in the wrong.

Hopefully the rider and his passenger heal up well. Maybe in the future he will think about pulling such a pass on someone on a double yellow. Hopefully for the driver he gets the book thrown at him. Luckily he didn't kill anyone and that's the extent of it.

I honestly don't see why everyone on here is fighting about this. It happens everyday on the roads we ride. Ride carefully and do your best to be diligent and self aware. Myself, I've seen to many of these kinds of incidents in the past and probably a reason why I only ride at the track now. The harsh reality is, people don't care and it's not just in their attitudes towards motorcyclists. It's towards their fellow man and it's not going to get better any time soon. People will continue to abuse each other from now until time ends. All we can hope for is that our laws and justice system do their work and punish those that should be held accountable.

Either way, stop the fighting and remember sh*t happens and will continue to happen.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."