Thread: Anyone work in the RV industry?

Anyone work in the RV industry?

I am looking at moving up from my off road pop-up to a travel trailer and am looking for options. I think I found what I want, but still searching to see if any models exist that I haven't found yet.

Leaning to new over used.
    Want a toy hauler, but not seeing the functionality I need for the price I want to pay, so giving up for a travel trailer.

To date, the Coleman Lantern 262BH seems to fit the bill..

Anyone have experience with that specific model?

Also curious what experience any of you have with generators. Honda 3000 is what I am thinking.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Re: Anyone work in the RV industry?

I can tell you that Honda makes some of the best generators and I am not saying that as a salesman. I had an EX4500 that I bought used and ran it every weekend at the track for about 8 years with no issues. When DIA first opened there were access gates for shuttle buses that they had to staff as an afterthought. There was no power there so the booths ran on an EX4500 24/7 and I never saw the power down. I also knew a recreational go cart track that used Honda engines and those engines would go 8 - 10 hours a day, 7 days a week for 6 months, 4 - 5 hours a day for another 4 months and occasionally for the last 2 months with the only service being oil changes for a year or two easy.

Hit up Jose in Denver, he deals in all types of used travel trailers and campers. You can tell him Jeff gave you his number 720.275.8838. By the way he rips on a Ducati.
    Canyon Rippers Unite!

2015 Aprilia Tuono V4R

out of curiosity...what were you looking for and not finding in a toyhauler?

2000 tillis plus stuff with some polished stuff and some carbon fiber stuff and a little bit of tlr stuff and some gsxr stuff

Quote Originally Posted by kevplus2 View Post
    out of curiosity...what were you looking for and not finding in a toyhauler?
    sure. So we have two little ones. 18 mo and 3y. And we have found that when they can see each other, they never sleep, the make faces, scream, yell, giggle, etc for hours. Thats just bed time, during nap time any distraction is a reason to stay awake. I know, it sounds stupid, I used to think so many things about little kids. Apparently I was wrong. .

So an easy solution is a bunk house style. I am also trying to keep the price < 20k, and many toy haulers that are large enough for my crew is over $20k. Since I want/need a new tow vehicle, I just decided to get back to PU and use the bed for bikes, etc and the RV for people. My wife also doesn't appreciate the smell or rubber or race gas, so for her sake, I would have had to get a TH with a separating wall. Which then leans the search results to larger units, I really want to keep the size <30 ft so that we don't lose access to a number of campgrounds.

Ahhhhh, the sacrifices we make for family. Back in the day I would have been content with a PU bed with cover, inflatable mattress, a 0degree sleeping bag in the middle of nowhere and the dogs. I like to think I didn't get soft in my old age, they have made me soft.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Our 30 footer doesn't have a separate garage and we have never smelled any fumes in the eight years we've had it. Roll the bikes out when you set up and you're good to go.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M