Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trouble for FAASST & PMP

Senior Member Moderator

Trouble for FAASST & PMP

Looks like the community has had enough with FAASST's job as managers of the track. Never would have seen that coming /sarcasm.

http://www.koaa.com/story/30399104/s...torsports-park

http://www.krdo.com/news/racers-want...-park/35846854

Hey Husky, isn't that you on your Busa?

http://www.chieftain.com/news/402178...rts-complaints
    Last edited by Drano; Mon Nov 2nd, 2015 at 04:40 PM.

Re: Trouble for FAASST & PMP

There is some discussion here: https://www.facebook.com/PMP.savethetrack
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    Looks like the community has had enough with FAASST's job as managers of the track. Never would have seen that coming /sarcasm.

http://www.koaa.com/story/30399104/s...torsports-park

http://www.krdo.com/news/racers-want...-park/35846854

Hey Husky, isn't that you on your Busa?

http://www.chieftain.com/news/402178...rts-complaints
    Have you personally been to the track this year for a track day or drag racing?
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR
    1987 buick grand national
    '06 GSXR 750. Race Track. Everyday Commuter. Long distance tourer. Sold

My experiences with the track a its management have been great! My expectations are low when I go there but I have never had an issue.

And its been fun having the whole track to ourselves
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by GNGSXR View Post
    Probably not, like most people who dog on the track. It's a bandwagon to dislike PMP/FAASST

The ONLY thing I can say about the management is that it doesn't have enough corner workers or an ambulance, but as I have also said before that requires money. Money comes from people going to the track. People going to the track requires the bandwagon to be set on fire.

And at least the FAASST manager, unlike other tracks, doesn't make nasty comments about you to your own boyfriend
    Last edited by Snazzy; Tue Nov 3rd, 2015 at 08:58 AM.
    2013 zx6r
    MRA Novice #407
    Race like a girl!

Didn't we do this thread already?

We have had this discussion before but the fact that the drag race community is requesting the city council to kick Faasst out and get somebody new is definitely something new.

Senior Member Moderator

We have had this discussion before, and I have expressed myself pretty clearly in opposition to any support for FAASST and PMP if they continue to gamble rider-safety for a paycheck. But, I'll answer your question.

Nope, I haven't. Why? Because I'm firstly not in a position financially to afford a track day. Don't worry, I will be out on the track in 2016. Second, because, even if I had the means to do track days, I won't ride at PMP until they improve their safety practices. A wise consumer will use word of mouth before spending their money, and I've heard enough about PMP to know that I'll not be spending my money there. Most especially, I'm not going to put my life on the line for their buck.

They want me to ride at their track? They had better have an ambulance and sufficient corner workers when I get there. The logic that I should risk my safety now so that they can get the money for better safety in the future is backwards. When it comes to racing, if you build it, they will come, not the other way around. This isn't a restaurant that can only better serve their customers when they get enough money to buy more appliances and pay for more staff. This is a place where safety should be priority #1. I wouldn't pay good money to go to an amusement park that has poor safety and maintenance practices, why should I make an exception for FAASST and PMP? When there is a legitimate risk of serious injury or death at a private facility providing a venue to ride at the limits of both man and machine, then they should be required maintain the highest safety practices to mitigate said risk to the highest level necessary.

If you, or other riders, are willing to gamble on the chance that you won't, some day, crash in such a manner that requires the fastest intervention possible by EMS, then I say more power to you. It's your life to lose. I will side with those who place a higher value on their own lives when paying good money for the chance to legally ride as fast as they dare. If FAASST and PMP offer ambulance services and sufficient corner workers, I'll ride there. I'll happily support them, but I won't do so beforehand.

Before the accusations start popping up that I'm a coward, or that I should compare this risk to that of riding on the street, or if only I knew what it was like doing track days back in the day, just forget it. I have already heard, and understand, your perspective. However, best practices for safety are developed over time from oversights and incidents. FAASST and PMP are ignoring what has practically become the standard for most reputable tracks across the country and are doing so under the claim that they can't afford it. If they can't afford it, then it is time for them to move on.

I would love to see the books from PMP... I see a whole lot of money going in and nearly nothing to show for it. Maybe its time for an audit.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    Didn't we do this thread already?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

We have had this discussion before, and I have expressed myself pretty clearly in opposition to any support for FAASST and PMP if they continue to gamble rider-safety for a paycheck. But, I'll answer your question.

Nope, I haven't. Why? Because I'm firstly not in a position financially to afford a track day. Don't worry, I will be out on the track in 2016. Second, because, even if I had the means to do track days, I won't ride at PMP until they improve their safety practices. A wise consumer will use word of mouth before spending their money, and I've heard enough about PMP to know that I'll not be spending my money there. Most especially, I'm not going to put my life on the line for their buck.

They want me to ride at their track? They had better have an ambulance and sufficient corner workers when I get there. The logic that I should risk my safety now so that they can get the money for better safety in the future is backwards. When it comes to racing, if you build it, they will come, not the other way around. This isn't a restaurant that can only better serve their customers when they get enough money to buy more appliances and pay for more staff. This is a place where safety should be priority #1. I wouldn't pay good money to go to an amusement park that has poor safety and maintenance practices, why should I make an exception for FAASST and PMP? When there is a legitimate risk of serious injury or death at a private facility providing a venue to ride at the limits of both man and machine, then they should be required maintain the highest safety practices to mitigate said risk to the highest level necessary.

If you, or other riders, are willing to gamble on the chance that you won't, some day, crash in such a manner that requires the fastest intervention possible by EMS, then I say more power to you. It's your life to lose. I will side with those who place a higher value on their own lives when paying good money for the chance to legally ride as fast as they dare. If FAASST and PMP offer ambulance services and sufficient corner workers, I'll ride there. I'll happily support them, but I won't do so beforehand.

Before the accusations start popping up that I'm a coward, or that I should compare this risk to that of riding on the street, or if only I knew what it was like doing track days back in the day, just forget it. I have already heard, and understand, your perspective. However, best practices for safety are developed over time from oversights and incidents. FAASST and PMP are ignoring what has practically become the standard for most reputable tracks across the country and are doing so under the claim that they can't afford it. If they can't afford it, then it is time for them to move on.
    A simple yes or no would have satisfied my question. I was honestly just curious if you've been to the track at all. I did about 10 or 12 track days this year and didn't recognize the bike in your avatar picture. Your novel on being overly defensive about the topic is a little strange but oh well. It's the internet!
    Last edited by GNGSXR; Tue Nov 3rd, 2015 at 06:15 PM.
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR

FWIW, I managed four track days this year. Was hoping to get around six but blowing a fork seal on my last track day kind of screwed me. Got my fork seals replaced last month and have the bike apart now. Going to repaint the fairings to spruce the look up a bit, adding some new rear sets here in a few weeks. Then I'll be putting her back together and getting ready for next season. Time was the main factor why I couldn't get to PMP more this year. Switching jobs meant I lost all of my vacation time and had to rebuild it up over the course of this year. Planning on doing more next season, with hopefully a trip to PPIR and HPR.

Also I love riding PMP. FAAST has always been friendly and seem to know what they are doing. Yeah they don't have an ambulance or many workers but at least they are doing their best in my eyes. Would be nice for more from them but it is what it is.

Honestly, the thing that bugs me the most about Pueblo is that BS turn 10. I hate that turn with a passion. Honestly I think it would be cool if they add a couple more turns right off of turn 9. Make a quick chicane out of 9. So instead of just going straight across the paddock, make it a quick right(T9) then left(a new T10) and then a slow sweeping right hander(new T11), then picking the bike up to get a wicked drive down the main straight and completely do away with the BS of the now current Turn 10. Adding in two new corners would also make the front straight longer to get a higher top speed.

I hope PMP can get this all straightened out. I love the track and for me it's my home track(as I'm in the Springs).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Senior Member Moderator

A simple yes or no would have satisfied my question. I was honestly just curious if you've been to the track at all. I did about 10 or 12 track days this year and didn't recognize the bike in your avatar picture. Your novel on being overly defensive about the topic is a little strange but oh well. It's the internet!
    Sorry about that, I do tend to get a little long-winded, but I just wanted to be thorough in my answer and recap what has been said before so we can get it out of our systems and move on from making it all about my opinion, and more about what's been happening over the past couple of weeks.
    Last edited by Drano; Tue Nov 3rd, 2015 at 06:33 PM.

Chocolate Thunder

I will agree on the sufficient corner workers. I volunteered to corner work and was told no because she oy hires full time. But previous week she was complaining about needing people and no one in that town wanted to work.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Taste the rainbow...B*itch
    http://www.pajiba.com/videos/awesome...inbow-btch.php

Sorry about that, I do tend to get a little long-winded, but I just wanted to be thorough in my answer and recap what has been said before so we can get it out of our systems and move on from making it all about my opinion, and more about what's been happening over the past couple of weeks.
    Isn't it always about your opinion....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Isn't it always about your opinion....

Touché

I love riding the track, but Drano does make a good point. I really want to go ride PMP this Saturday, but I won't go without a few corner workers and an ambulance. Mentioned this on PMP's Facebook page as well as the PMP hating Facebook page. How many $100 riders do they need to lose before they realize that the ambulance may well be cost-effective?

I'd love an ambulance to be there at every track day. I would also love 2-3 more corner workers around the track.
    I also fucking love riding the absolute piss out of my BMW at a place that is safer than normal roads even without the ambulance and extra corner workers. We take a risk everyday just getting out of bed, but to each his own.
    I have no idea what the fix is for Pueblo but the PMP save the track page is not proposing any solutions either. Just complaints.
    2013 BMW S1000RR
    1973 Honda CB750 / GSXR

Their solution is to reopen the bids for PMP management, and then presumably have the track managed by someone new.

Whether this is actually a solution or not (especially for road racers) is a different question.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

I'd love an ambulance to be there at every track day. I would also love 2-3 more corner workers around the track.
    I also fucking love riding the absolute piss out of my BMW at a place that is safer than normal roads even without the ambulance and extra corner workers. We take a risk everyday just getting out of bed, but to each his own.
    I have no idea what the fix is for Pueblo but the PMP save the track page is not proposing any solutions either. Just complaints.
    +1 on this.... I ran PMP on an open lapping day for cars and bikes, couple of corner workers who were supposed to be there were no shows. Had to run sessions, allow people into and out of the area including 50+ motorhomes and all the rest of the family vehicles for the quarter midget track along with the rest of the bikes and cars for the road course. Including taking in all sign-in and payments, keeping bathrooms stocked up and clean, etc.

Was a little un-nerving but in the end, I personally went around to each driver/rider and they were happy. What GNGSXR said is absolutely on point.....

Chocolate Thunder

Went to City Council meeting last night on Saving PMP, and realized alot with how Judy is not the problem. Dont think alot of people realize how her 3 year contract has so many road blocks. First of all she doesnt own the area, she pays 35k a year to lease it and then to top it off any profit over 170k she has to pay the city 70%. But the city has given her a VERY small budget to hire, maintain and improve the area. She is not even able to do any improvements without city approval. Now on another hand before she took over the lease the motorsports parks was costing the city almost a million dollars to operate, she was able to reduce this cost. In 2012 the year before she took over was total expence of 1.5 million and a net loss of 1 million. In 2014 the net loss to the city was 38k, in 2012 the city gave a hiring budget of over 100k, in her contract she was given nothing to hire it is all on her. The bottom take on all this is the City of Pueblo who needs to allocate a budget to Judy to improve the area.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Senior Member Moderator

Thanks for attending the council meeting and sharing what you learned from it. It certainly adds a greater perspective to the issue.

Chocolate Thunder

Actually reading her contract and the city budget from 2012 to her 3 years in Lease also helped understand that this isnt her. She cannot even hire people without using their hiring system. Wish I could attach her contract on here. We need to speak up and explain why a bigger budget is needed. The city ice rink was built a couple years back, the city pays for a loss every year, in the amount of over 400k, their profit is only 124k. They have no priorities when it comes to what is needed. They dont see what they have is a gold mine, there is only 3 tracks in Colorado. HpR is operated by MRA, so that is where the money comes from to make improvements, PMP is owned by the city.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Maybe this is why Pueblo is pueblo? Too bad there isn't an SOA to blame in this situation, or is there?

Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.