Chocolate Thunder

Re: Trouble for FAASST & PMP

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Taste the rainbow...B*itch
    http://www.pajiba.com/videos/awesome...inbow-btch.php

Hopefully the City of Pueblo won't close the track based off the fact that they just paid over a million dollars to re-pave the track.

This is very sad and disappointing.
    2013 zx6r
    MRA Novice #407
    Race like a girl!

Senior Member Moderator

Obviously where this can go from here is in any myriad of directions. It could be bad, or it could be good. Obvious Drano is obvious...

I don't necessarily see Pueblo's actions as being in the wrong. It was their choice to either renew, or to not renew, FAASST's lease. They chose the latter. So what if there was a very vocal group speaking out against FAASST's management of the park? The city council chose to listen to that group. That does not mean that FAASST did not also have a voice in that debate. In fact, FAASST should have had a more powerful voice due to: 1. Already having an established relationship with the city, and 2. Having the advantage of being able to provide substantial evidence from their operational history to demonstrate the benefits they have provided, and currently provide, to the community. It seems to me that FAASST simply couldn't sway the city council that they were the best, if only, choice for managing the park.

It sucks for FAASST, but it's not like they have exhausted their options to continue to operate the park. They could submit a new proposal. However, at this time they have said that they will not elect to do so. Perhaps this stems more from the lack of the city's willingness to extend a long-term lease, but in either case it shows (to me, at least) just how uncommitted FAASST was to the track, and to the community.

We'll just have to see how it all plays out, I'm hopeful that PMP will be improved by the new management and that it will offer the services which would entice me to ride there. Under FAASST, I doubt I would ever have ridden there.
    Last edited by Drano; Tue Dec 29th, 2015 at 07:17 AM.

IMO, FAASST sucked at running the track (on the drag strip portion anyways). I had a very bad experience when I went there this year. Their tech is a joke, I had to show the high school kid how to tech my motorcycle. Great for a guy who wants to sneak by, but not safe at all for people racing and spectating. They prepped the starting line ONCE at the beginning of the night, didn't touch it after that. With my stock wheel base bike I had one launch where it hooked, all runs after that I spun due to very slick track conditions (almost sending me into the wall on one occasion) (There is no reason a 170hp stock wheel base bike should be spinning like that, I hook better on the street then I did there). They are extremely inefficient on getting vehicles down the track. Oh and I made my last pass of the night, don't even get back to the pits and they cut off the lights to the entire place. They claim their budget wouldn't support keeping the lights on. So I was stuck loading my motorcycle back in my truck using a damn cell phone flashlight. I would have expected almost 100 vehicles at $30 a pop plus spectators would have at least paid to keep the lights on for 15-20 minutes after the last passes so people could load up this stuff. I'm never excited to see a place close down, but that place wasn't safe at all, and as far as I was concerned a ripoff. What good is a drag strip where every run I'm spinning so my timeslips don't mean dick anyways.