Thread: Does anyone know anything about this...

Does anyone know anything about this...

Kim's WR 250 sure could use one...

http://www.motosport.com/boyesen-qui...um=Retargeting
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Re: Does anyone know anything about this...

My KTM 350 was a PITA before I adjusted the TPS to richen up the mixture. Completely solved the difficult starting.

Quote Originally Posted by big_sur View Post
    My KTM 350 was a PITA before I adjusted the TPS to richen up the mixture. Completely solved the difficult starting.
    She doesn't have any starting issues, her bike falls on it's face if you hit the throttle hard. The bottom end is terrible. It's almost unrideable to me, but she has very little issues as she doesn't hit stuff like I do. I re-jetted it according to what the consensus is for our altitude. I think it might have made it worse.

This device is supposed to make the throttle response strong on the bottom end. I've been hearing good things, but want to hear 'personally' from someone.

My 450 can idle to almost a complete stop, hit the throttle and it will stand straight up, even over 12,000'. I want her bike to run like mine. Well... at least throttle response.
    Kim & Dean

I have no experience with dirt bikes, but I would think a carb is a carb...

Does her bike have any emissions stuff on it? Or, does it have a vacuum leak on that circuit? This device eliminates the feedback from that vacuum switch, bleeding it out instead. I'm not familiar with the intake either, but a relief hole in the intake tract might allow for better aerodynamics (is that the right term?) through the intake area through the air cleaner into the carb.

I know on my 250, the factory jetting and setup really hampered the bike, and by removing the emissions stuff, opening up the intake a bit (just a bit), and jetting properly the bike increased low-end significantly!
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooph View Post
    I have no experience with dirt bikes, but I would think a carb is a carb...

Does her bike have any emissions stuff on it? Or, does it have a vacuum leak on that circuit? This device eliminates the feedback from that vacuum switch, bleeding it out instead. I'm not familiar with the intake either, but a relief hole in the intake tract might allow for better aerodynamics (is that the right term?) through the intake area through the air cleaner into the carb.

I know on my 250, the factory jetting and setup really hampered the bike, and by removing the emissions stuff, opening up the intake a bit (just a bit), and jetting properly the bike increased low-end significantly!
    AIS system removed, ignition timing set to YZ timing, YZ throttle stop, baffles removed from air box and exhaust. When we bought it, from Vickery, it was supposed to be jetted for this altitude. After several trips and it running like shit, I took it apart and saw totally different numbers than what others say theirs are jetted at. Changed everything to the supposed "correct set-up" and it still runs terrible.
    Kim & Dean

http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=67029
    I've had a little bit of bog with my wr450. Did the "o-ring" mod and a different needle. I'm still playing around with it but I've gotten the worst fixed... For now

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=67029
    I've had a little bit of bog with my wr450. Did the "o-ring" mod and a different needle. I'm still playing around with it but I've gotten the worst fixed... For now
    Now, that thread has some good info. Definitely some things to check that I've never heard about. Like the timing of the accelerator pump. However, what I really should do is just go buy the new fuel injected WRs.
    Kim & Dean

My next one will be EFI. Whatever brand it is.

I have battled my WR450 for quite a while now and I am almost to the point of selling it and getting a new EFI one too. I picked up one of these earlier this year and it made quite a difference, but I still have something else going on. I really hope that I can get it figured out this winter :/

http://www.btosports.com/p/RDPB

I've got an 04 WR. Boyesen QS2 cover on the accelerator pump, tied up the pump arm, different needle, venturi divider, and it's still possible to shut it off if you abuse the throttle. I did an 07 basically the same, and it had the same issue until we did a 290 big bore kit. Suddenly, it ran utterly linearly from about 2000 rpm to the limiter. I will probably do this on mine this winter, as it's due for a top end anyway.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

http://www.lectronfuelsystems.com/ca...arburetor.html

Any thoughts on this? I mean for the money/time it seems worth it.
    Reviews I've found are pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    http://www.lectronfuelsystems.com/ca...arburetor.html

Any thoughts on this? I mean for the money/time it seems worth it.
    Reviews I've found are pretty decent.
    I've never seen Lectrons used on anything but drag bikes, so I don't have any frame of reference when used on dirtbikes.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

https://technologyelevatedco.com/pro...arb-side-pull/

This was my other find.... I need to find a new hobby. Fun is expensive.