Thread: Marques vs. Rossi caused me to look into WSBK

Marques vs. Rossi caused me to look into WSBK

To be honest, I always looked down on WSBK because it wasn't MotoGP. I thought myself pretty stupid as I've never actually watched WSBK and GP has been so good! After all the drama with Marquez and Rossi I thought to hell with it, let's see what's going in WSBK. I have no frame of reference for the teams and such and only started with watching in the middle of the series...

WOW, what a difference! It's super cool to see this series and how different it is.

Is it just me, or do the riders seems much closer to the ragged edge than they do on MotoGP? Understandable, as their machines and tire options aren't very different from MotoGP. They almost seem like bigger heros than the GP riders for doing what they do on the WSBK machines...

Is it just me, or is the onboard footage crap compared to MotoGP? Super shaky and lower resolution than in MotoGP? Other than fan base resulting in less advertising and thus less dollars, is there another reason I'm missing which causes this?

All in all, super impressed with WSBK, and will be following it alongside MotoGP from now on..
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

Re: Marques vs. Rossi caused me to look into WSBK

The drama is there too. Still a good series. Yamaha returns next year

Senior Member Moderator

WSBK is awesome! 'nuf said.

WSBK had some great battles this season, Yamaha did some winter testing just now and they're looking strong.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

There have been several years that the racing in WSBK was better than in GP. Also Nicky is going to race WSBK next year with the PATA Honda team. So root for the American!

Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

^^this!!

I paid more attention to MotoGP this year but for a few years WSBK was where the excitement was at.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    There have been several years that the racing in WSBK was better than in GP. Also Nicky is going to race WSBK next year with the PATA Honda team. So root for the American!

Americas only racer

Love Hayden (actually the whole family is amazing). Cant wait to see what he can do with WSBK. I had the pleasure of hanging out with his father at the last Austin MotoGP.

This is Nickys final MotoGP race.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post

This is Nickys final MotoGP race.
    I hope he has a great race but I anticipate emotions playing a part in his result. I hope his emotions put him on the podium.

On another note I just read a great article about Cameron B. from the MotoAmerica racing. He is being groomed to follow in the footsteps of Ben Spies and Ben is actually coaching him from my understanding. He may be our next European USA representative.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

If you're able to, watch BSB and WSBK Superstock 1000. That's where the real action is at!
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    WSBK had some great battles this season, Yamaha did some winter testing just now and they're looking strong.
    Yamaha came from behind in BSB this season and won the championship. Can't wait for WSBK to see how they do there.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by Spooph View Post
    To be honest, I always looked down on WSBK because it wasn't MotoGP. I thought myself pretty stupid as I've never actually watched WSBK and GP has been so good! After all the drama with Marquez and Rossi I thought to hell with it, let's see what's going in WSBK. I have no frame of reference for the teams and such and only started with watching in the middle of the series...

WOW, what a difference! It's super cool to see this series and how different it is.

Is it just me, or do the riders seems much closer to the ragged edge than they do on MotoGP? Understandable, as their machines and tire options aren't very different from MotoGP. They almost seem like bigger heros than the GP riders for doing what they do on the WSBK machines...

Is it just me, or is the onboard footage crap compared to MotoGP? Super shaky and lower resolution than in MotoGP? Other than fan base resulting in less advertising and thus less dollars, is there another reason I'm missing which causes this?

All in all, super impressed with WSBK, and will be following it alongside MotoGP from now on..
    Less electronic aids in WSB. I've been following it since it started, back in the Fred Merkel days.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)