So my gf drove my truck into a car in the parking lot at her work, left a note and the persons car is in her program so you'd think both want whats best. Just damaged bumper, no frama damage. I estimate 1-1500 damage and told gf our deductible is 1k and she might as well pay out of pocket especially cause literally our whole life is bundled under this policy and if we get booted it will f our life over so hard (saving 60/mo on homeowners alone).

the girl initially agreed and said dealing with insurance is a nightmare and shed rather us just pay the bill for the repaid but then they started being weird and are insisting on filing a claim on our insurance.

can anyone clarify any reasoning behind this? Plus, from what ive seen on cl ads for cars, i frequently see cars with rebuilt/salvage titles going for cheap alwYs cause they "got backed into a parking lit but it was profesionally repaired and all good"

from what i understand, if you file a claim it gets a ding on the title as opposed to paying outta pocket where it doesnt.

whats best for everyone? This is my gf's second accident in a year plus a ticket, ive had 2 tickets plus an accident this year too... Bad year

help?