Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do not order from MotorcycleCloseouts.com

Do not order from MotorcycleCloseouts.com

Buyer beware this holiday when ordering from MotorcycleCloseouts.com. They just screwed me over on an order I placed during the weekend. I realized I had ordered the wrong size and called them first thing when they opened Monday. I was told that even though they haven't shipped or even packed this item, there was nothing they could do. I was then told they didn't even have the size I needed and to close out this order would cost $10.

Seriously MotorcycleCloseouts.com, you want me to pay you $10 for something you didn't even have?! Do yourself a favor and never order from this place. Horrible customer service and horrible customer policies. In this day and age, they are a joke.

Re: Do not order from MotorcycleCloseouts.com

I've ordered from them multiple times, including just last week, and never had a problem. Sucks that they treated you that way, but I wouldn't tell everyone else not to use them just because of one bad experience.
    --Dave
    2013 Honda VFR 1200F
    2014 Honda VFR800-SOLD
    2007 Honda VFR800-SOLD

2004 Kawasaki KLX300R

Quote Originally Posted by DriverDave View Post
    I've ordered from them multiple times, including just last week, and never had a problem. Sucks that they treated you that way, but I wouldn't tell everyone else not to use them just because of one bad experience.
    I spoke with their Shipping Manager, the "head" of customer support and also the owner was in the background giving them instruction. I would say they pretty much suck balls from my experience. Yea it was only one time, but it could easily have been you.

I guess I've been lucky that I haven't had a need for customer support with any of my orders yet.
    --Dave
    2013 Honda VFR 1200F
    2014 Honda VFR800-SOLD
    2007 Honda VFR800-SOLD

2004 Kawasaki KLX300R

I guess I've been lucky that I haven't had a need for customer support with any of my orders yet.
    I swear my kids feet grew another size in the time it took me to order that stuff.

A quick google confirms they have good deals, but horrible customer service.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

So, YOU ordered the wrong size, and have an issue with a measly $10 restocking fee? Yeah, it would be nice to have it cancelled or changed for free, but......
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    So, YOU ordered the wrong size, and have an issue with a measly $10 restocking fee? Yeah, it would be nice to have it cancelled or changed for free, but......
    I have to disagree. considering that the order had not been touched yet, it only existed in the system and changing or cancelling it would be just a couple mouse clicks a restocking fee was completely uncalled for. Courteous customer service would be just to change or cancel and say thank you.

Not to be "that guy" but looking at their prices and inventory. They(MotorcycleCloseouts) don't have anything better priced than Revzilla.com and at least Revzilla have great customer service and always stuff in stock. Plus you get revzilla cash when you purchase stuff and it goes into a bank and gets applied at your next purchase. That's how I managed to snag my AGV Sole Luna Corsa for $690(normally $899) on black Friday last year. I just got some new Alpinestars Super Tech R's for around $340 with my revzilla cash I've had saved up. I've purchased my all of my riding gear through them and have always had good experience with them. Always get prompt emails with tracking numbers and know exactly where my shipment is at.

I agree, a $10 restocking fee is a bit much since it wasn't even shipped and never even made it out of the processing phase. Seems a little cheesy and a quick way to make money. I'd understand a restocking fee if you received it and then shipped it back, then that makes sense.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

FWIW, I also shop at Revzilla...and Competition Accessories...and Bike Bandit...and Motosport...etc. When I find a great price at Motorcycle Closeouts, I always check to see if anyone else has it for a similar price...they rarely do. But I do understand shitty customer service, and it's unfortunate that not everyone is as good as Revzilla.
    --Dave
    2013 Honda VFR 1200F
    2014 Honda VFR800-SOLD
    2007 Honda VFR800-SOLD

2004 Kawasaki KLX300R

The funny thing is I just found it on motorcyclesuperstore and it got shipped today within 2 hours of buying them for $30 bucks less and free shipping.

As for paying a restocking fee, I would normally understand and agree but these guys only had my order in their computer at this point, there was no work that had been done yet. They had not even started to gather my items for packing. The lady who was the Shipping Manager was just a fucking cunt in my opinion. She told me I would have to let them fulfill the order, ship the wrong size to me, I would then have to ship it back and ask for another size and pay a restocking fee. That was when I started asking for other people to talk with.

I love Revzilla. Call me biased though

Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    She told me I would have to let them fulfill the order, ship the wrong size to me, I would then have to ship it back and ask for another size and pay a restocking fee. That was when I started asking for other people to talk with.
    Wow. How utterly stupid. I don't blame you for being pissed.

FYI-I got a Scorpion Helix jacket for $99 (now selling for $97) from Motorcycle Closeouts. Revzilla and Motorcycle Superstore are both selling the same jacket for $219, so they do have some pretty awesome deals sometimes.
    --Dave
    2013 Honda VFR 1200F
    2014 Honda VFR800-SOLD
    2007 Honda VFR800-SOLD

2004 Kawasaki KLX300R

Wow. How utterly stupid. I don't blame you for being pissed.

FYI-I got a Scorpion Helix jacket for $99 (now selling for $97) from Motorcycle Closeouts. Revzilla and Motorcycle Superstore are both selling the same jacket for $219, so they do have some pretty awesome deals sometimes.
    I will be remembering Revzilla!

Never had a problem with their service.
    Ordered many items from them with no difficulty. Googling someone's customer service had nothing to do with whether or not their service is bad. We all know the internet is full of poor information.
    Did you purchase said item from a closeout our final sale section ?
    It's hard for me to find stuff at reasonable prices on some of the overpriced sites, so I ship at motorcycle closeouts.
    I do the due diligence of being aware of my size by fitting myself at local shops before I order.
    Then I ensure I order the right size..
    mayo....

Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain."

.........a crotch rocket going 85 to 90 down the highway looking like a power ranger on a mission...

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    I will be remembering Revzilla!
    Where you can watch, decide and ride.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Quote Originally Posted by daemon View Post
    I do the due diligence of being aware of my size by fitting myself at local shops before I order.
    Now, you're going to have everyone bitching at you for taking advantage of the brick and mortars.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    Now, you're going to have everyone bitching at you for taking advantage of the brick and mortars.
    I do purchase from shops occasionally when the price is right.
    The items at motorcycle closeouts are items that have been returned from shops or overstock from manufacturers.
    Most likely due to overpricing
    Last edited by daemon; Tue Nov 24th, 2015 at 10:24 AM.
    mayo....

Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain."

.........a crotch rocket going 85 to 90 down the highway looking like a power ranger on a mission...

I like new but last year's gear at a discount. I don't care if its the latest n greatest. I always check newenough.com first. Since renamed http://www.motorcyclegear.com They have always treated me right.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    Where you can watch, decide and ride.
    "HEY! This is Anthony at Revzilla...." That was funny, but they really are some of the best little product review videos out there. And they have one for almost anything you're looking to buy.
    --Dave
    2013 Honda VFR 1200F
    2014 Honda VFR800-SOLD
    2007 Honda VFR800-SOLD

2004 Kawasaki KLX300R

It's really simple, if you want to buy online... Go there to try it on. I hear that Revzilla has great fitting rooms and lots of paid employees to help you find the right product and size. Thankfully more and more companies are using MAP policies and Revzilla, motorcyclesuperstore, etc will have to radically change their businesses.
    Last edited by mcarthd26; Wed Nov 25th, 2015 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarthd26 View Post
    It's really simple, if you want to buy online... Go there to try it on. I hear that Revzilla has great fitting rooms and lots of paid employees to help you find the right product and size. Thankfully more and more companies are using MAP policies and Revzilla, motorcyclesuperstore, etc will have to radically change their businesses.
    I am not sure exactly what a MAP policy is, but it sounds like you dislike online shopping? Do you own your own store or something? Usually I love shopping online because it is pretty easy and stress free.

"HEY! This is Anthony at Revzilla...." That was funny, but they really are some of the best little product review videos out there. And they have one for almost anything you're looking to buy.

No doubt! I've definitely used his videos to help make decisions.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarthd26 View Post
    Revzilla is killing it because of exactly what you are jesting at. Between their fitment videos and customer service/free returns they usually get it right pretty quickly. That and they pushed harder than we did at Mo-Door for MAP pricing which is pretty stand up of them.

If anyone is thinking that online sales are killing the little guys then you should probably go take a look at the MASSIVE new building that Performance is building off Dry Creek and I25. Their model seems to work well.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook