I was able to take the cover portion off but unable to tell what is wrong inside of the tumbler. Unfortunately in order to remove the ignition you have to take off the triple tree so you can drill out the rivet screws that are holding the ignition system to the upper triple. I'd prefer not to have to do that but it appears to be the only way to remove the entire ignition and then take it apart to see whats wrong inside.

I bought graphite powder last night and put a bunch in there but that didn't help with whatever the issue was. So chances are its probably one of those tumbler keys/pins that broke loose. I was hoping something was just stuck and that the graphite powder could break it loose but I don't think that's the case.

As for disengaging the parking light function I would have to trace the wire and disable that somehow. Since I pulled the fuse for the tail light and the parking light function still turns the light on when I turn he key to that setting (which is the only way to now remove the key) and then the light would be left on and drain the battery (not sure how long a battery can last with the taillight left on) So it has to do with wiring from the actual taillight to the parking light switch that turns it on. If I could figure out what wire it is I could cut it and disengage the light from turning on and then would be completely fine as no lights would come on and I could have the key out!

Perhaps someone has electrical knowledge and would know where to find that wire? As I still need the taillight to be on when the bike is on, just not when it's in the parking light setting.