TFOG has always been of great help and advice when I have ever had an issue and I have one that started a while ago but never got around to fixing it. Hoping you might have some advice that can help me!

On my 2005 Ninja 636, My key in the ignition will not turn from the ON position to go left to the OFF position. It started back in July and was sticking and then would be hit and miss as to if it would actually to left from ON to OFF. Now it just straight up will not turn to the OFF position. So since it's been parked in my garage I have had to leave the key in the ignition but so that it will not drain the battery I have the key turned to the right and is sitting between ON and the Parking Light setting. As far as I can tell it is not draining the battery or using any energy since it is not on the ON and not on the parking light, it is in limbo between.

My question would be if there are any things I could try to do to get the key so turn left from ON to OFF. I am assuming there is something wrong with the tumbler but not sure how to diagnose it without taking it apart, which I would like to avoid having to do. I have shot WD40 in there and that did not work at all. There could be an issue with one of the links on the tumbler or some dirt/sand in there but I am unsure. I have a brand new cut spare key that I made which seems a bit stiffer/stronger than the stock key and even that will not turn it to OFF. Then only other thing I thought of that I have read about is graphite powder which I have not yet tried but not sure if that will just gunk up the tumbler since there is already WD40 in there (most likely it would).

Otherwise I don't mind turning it to the parking light setting as it locks the steering wheel which is fine but then it leaves the damn tail light on, which will obviously drain the battery. I don't mind doing that when I go on a ride or to lunch since it probably won't drain the battery dry in 1-2 hours. But leaving it in my garage it will eventually drain the battery dry. As an option, is there a way to disengage the parking light itself? I could not find a fuse specifically for the parking light, and obviously I want the taillight to work and stay on while riding, but would like to see if I can disengage the parking light function so I could just turn it to the parking light setting and have an open circuit that will not drain the battery while the bike is parked (as no light would be on). This way I don't have to leave the key in the ignition and can take it out without it draining the battery at all.

Any advice would be great!