2 7.14%
  • MV Agusta F4-RR

2 7.14%
  • Suzuki GSX-R1000

3 10.71%
  • Yamaha R1M

6 21.43%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which 2016 Superbike Would You Buy?

Re: Which 2016 Superbike Would You Buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Absolutely. The experience of the worst fuel injection tuning I've ever felt, a blazing hot ass, and being rated 30hp higher than it puts down!

Haha just messing with you of course! All in good fun. You simply cannot buy a better looking motorbike. Even Drano's posts have average pictures for every bike, and then a Victoria's Secret cover girl photo for the Duc.
    Your good man! My response is always the same about these comments.

The faster you ride the less heat you feel.(true statement) Most of the people I encounter that complain about the heat are simply not riding the bike in the appropriate manner. As far horsepower, add a slip on, air filter, ecu reflash and you will regain the 30hp plus some. Then add some extra light weight goodies and it becomes a beast. Everyone needs to ride a tuned Panigale before they make a determination on the bike. It makes a big difference. I will agree the stock fueling leaves a lot to be desired.

The looks speak for themselves.
    Last edited by Gramps; Thu Jan 14th, 2016 at 07:17 PM.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Suzuki GSX-R1000, always and forever Suzuki.....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Yamaha R1M ... because it's a Yamaha.
    2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 (SOLD)
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Stupidity should be painful.

Love me some V4, so Ape all the way.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

I've rode all of them but for the new ZX10 and they're all great bikes in their own sense really but will go with the R1M, it just has my heart.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

You've ridden an R1M ?
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Yeah, my mom's boss has one. He won't track it though, trying to convince him to but it'll be hard. He wanted to ride my Duc so we went both out for a quick spin. Definitely impressed and obviously wasn't pushing much but you can tell the bike is just something else, the sound too, love it. I would buy a regular R1 as an R1M is just too much $$$ and electronics for my liking, also not really worth it for the street. Just hope they do bring the 60th anniversary colors
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Re: Which 2016 Supersport Would You Buy?

Quote Originally Posted by lth View Post
    I have no idea without riding them, but since I'm old & slow I'd get the one with the most comfortable seat & didn't cost an arm & a leg to maintain. So I assume the Italians are out.

Am I in the right thread? Where's the FOG section? Or the one where we rave about Honda Accords?
    maybe I need to be looking for the FOG section as well, because I would take a Multistrada, Caponord, S1000XR or the like over any of these...

Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Title does say Superbike lol but would not mind a tourer at all.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Senior Member Moderator

Sheesh guys, hold your horses!

Over time I'm going to do more polls to include light & middleweight supersports, not to mention polls for my favorite class, naked bikes! Pick which one you like in this category, pick the one you like in the categories which will soon follow. It's fantasy land! The only restrictions on my part are that you only get to pick one per survey, and they will pertain to current model-year bikes of equivalent class. I'd like to do this same thing for next year, and so on. One exception is that I won't be doing an ADV category, if you want that one, I'm sure ADVRider.com has everything you'll ever need. This is CSC sillies!
    Last edited by Drano; Sat Jan 16th, 2016 at 02:55 AM.

MV Agusta F4-RR. It has the look and feel of exclusivity that the Honda/Yamaha/suzuki don't have. I am a sucker for the single side swingarm.

Never rode any of them, so no idea how they fit me or how they do as a road bike, but just on what I know about those options as well as which one stirs my soul the most. Close second would be the
    Ducati 1299 Panigale S. The 916 was the Superbike when I started getting into bikes, so the MV (style lines) and the Ducati (maker) have the little kid fanboy bias.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Great thread Drano.

Not to derail this conversation at all but I find it interesting that the ZX-10 is dominant in WSBK but no one has voted that it is the bike they would buy. I can't remember a time when that was the case with another model/manufacturer.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Great thread Drano.

Not to derail this conversation at all but I find it interesting that the ZX-10 is dominant in WSBK but no one has voted that it is the bike they would buy. I can't remember a time when that was the case with another model/manufacturer.
    Honestly it's no surprise considering the local audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs View Post
    Meaning...?
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Performance-wise these bikes are all identical for my abilities and use. As someone already mentioned 90% of the general riding population can't even begin to use these bikes to their full potential, myself included. So, I would choose the one that has the best ergonomics, comfort and ability to be used on a daily basis, commuting, etc. From everything I've read the BMW wins that category hands down. So even though I'm a huge fan of V-motors, I'd choose the BMW.
    The Toys:
    05 Suzuki SV1000S
    07 KTM 450EXC
    00 Toyota MR2
    76 Toyota Landcruiser Rockcrawler
    13 Yeti SB66c
    Too many skis to list

Senior Member Moderator

Not much of a derail. I was honestly wondering the same thing, myself. The Kawasaki is a damn good bike, especially for the money.

Actually, it is somewhat surprising, given the fact that last year's St. Patty's day parade was chocked full of CSCers on Kawis. You did make a good point that with the money you save on MSRP, you could spend that money on aftermarket performance mods like a full Bazzaz system, exhaust, and tune, and be right up there with the rest of them.

I think though, that under this thread, where practicality doesn't have to be the deciding factor, the others have much more to offer than the majority of JDMs. Just my opinion, though.

Is it the looks that kill the performance ROI? That's my hypothesis. It seems to be one of those designs that you either love it or hate it......

Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Senior Member Moderator

As plenty of others have pointed out, this is entirely pointless because your choice is your opinion. As many pros as any of you can point out in favor of your choice, somebody else can point out just as many cons. Who cares if you feel that your choice is better than the rest! Just be happy with your pick and move on!

In the right hands, a good bike will improve a rider's confidence, which, in turn, will help he or she to ride closer to their personal limit. A perfect example is Jonathan Rea. For years he rode the CBR in WSBK and could only get so far. Then, last year, he got on the ZX-10R and dominated the season. Could he have performed the same, or better, on the Ducati or the Aprilia? Who knows. But something clicked for him on the Kawasaki and he was glorious!

Find the ride that works for you! If it feels right and helps you feel like you can explore the full potential between you and your machine, then be happy with that. If you really still feel like you have something to prove, take it to the track, otherwise it's all just fanciful words.
    Last edited by Drano; Tue Jan 19th, 2016 at 10:21 AM.

Well no shit a good rider is going to go faster on a ZX10R vs a CBR..... ROFL. CBR has the lowest HP of the "big 4" bikes, has for years. And yall can talk about better brakes all you want, but someone already pointed out, the bike dominating WSBK isn't because of how much better it's brakes are.

Senior Member Moderator

Well no shit a good rider is going to go faster on a ZX10R vs a CBR..... ROFL. CBR has the lowest HP of the "big 4" bikes, has for years. And yall can talk about better brakes all you want, but someone already pointed out, the bike dominating WSBK isn't because of how much better it's brakes are.
    Hibs, I'm going to assume that you don't actually watch WSBK or MotoGP so I'm going to fill you in on a little secret: most horsepower doesn't necessarily win races. Ducati has produced GP bikes that have tons of power and constantly break top speed records. But, guess what? They haven't won a race in over 5 years.

In WSBK, the bikes may be based off the production bikes that you and I can purchase at a dealership, but the rules allow teams to make improvements that significantly close the performance gaps separating them in stock form. Even when on the Honda, Jonathan Rea was able to win races because he's a damn fine rider. You are partially correct that power is one deficit the CBR possesses, however, comparatively speaking, the Kawasaki is a much more updated, and advanced, bike than the Honda (The ZX-10R actually has rider aids!), and KRT spare no expense to ensure the ZX-10R can compete at the top against "superior" machines. The same can't be said for Honda.

At any rate, chill out dude. It seems like nearly every post you've made on this thread has been in an attempt to argue and crap on anybody that doesn't share your point-of-view. If you're still butthurt that the H2 didn't get to play, get over it. You have the power to make threads too, if you want to gauge the forum's interest in the H2, go post something up!

Well you got me on that one. I go back to my previous post. Why is that bike not the most popular? It has the biggest bang for the buck if you look at the spec sheet. Crazy!
    The audience for this poll, the CSC, is a minute section of sport bike community. You're not going to get results that fairly represent the popularity of these bikes. Plus the ZX10 just arrived in the dealers this week. I doubt anyone has seen it firsthand yet. It looks to be the best race platform for 2016, just as the R1 was for 2015.
    Last edited by Drano; Tue Jan 19th, 2016 at 10:34 AM.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    Hibs, I'm going to assume that you don't actually watch WSBK or MotoGP so I'm going to fill you in on a little secret: most horsepower doesn't necessarily win races. Ducati has produced GP bikes that have tons of power and constantly break top speed records. But, guess what? They haven't won a race in over 5 years.

In WSBK, the bikes may be based off the production bikes that you and I can purchase at a dealership, but the rules allow teams to make improvements that significantly close the performance gaps separating them in stock form. Even when on the Honda, Jonathan Rea was able to win races because he's a damn fine rider. You are partially correct that power is one deficit the CBR possesses, however, comparatively speaking, the Kawasaki is a much more updated, and advanced, bike than the Honda (The ZX-10R actually has rider aids!), and KRT spare no expense to ensure the ZX-10R can compete at the top against "superior" machines. The same can't be said for Honda.

At any rate, chill out dude. It seems like nearly every post you've made on this thread has been in an attempt to argue and crap on anybody that doesn't share your point-of-view. If you're still butthurt that the H2 didn't get to play, get over it. You have the power to make threads too, if you want to gauge the forum's interest in the H2, go post something up!
    You posted poll and asked for discussion. Now you're getting upset because I'm voicing my opinion? LOL... I'm not butthurt about anything with the H2. I don't care one way or another. I don't own either bike and don't plan to buy either. I ride a 16 year old Kawasaki that is now prepped for land speed racing, so I, like probably 99% of the other people on this forum, don't have any personal bias regarding the 2016 model lineup. Sure I'm a little bit of a Kawasaki Fan-Boy, but I can respect better machines when I see it. I already stated that when I said if I were to buy one bike and not mod it (from your choices given) it would be a BMW. But I still think the ZX10R is the best bang for my buck of all the bikes you've listed. But as it's already been stated numerous times, buy what makes you happy. The majority of people buy their street bike for looks first, performance second, and maybe brand loyalty third. And the large majority of people who are going to buy a 2016 liter bike aren't going to ride them to the bikes potential anyways (goes back to my local audience reference) so it really doesn't matter. But, you made a post, with a poll, with the inevitable response that people would argue why one bike is better then another.... so, why are you butthurt OP?

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post

The audience for this poll, the CSC, is a minute section of sport bike community. You're not going to get results that fairly represent the popularity of these bikes. Plus the ZX10 just arrived in the dealers this week. I doubt anyone has seen it firsthand yet. It looks to be the best race platform for 2016, just as the R1 was for 2015.

Agreed.

My experience is only with a minute section of the sport bike community as a whole so I'm only speaking in generalizations but the previous generations of the zx-10 seem to have a trend. I've lived in FL,TN,CO in the past few years and street as well as track riders in those states are not overwhelmingly buying the Kawi. It just seems to be a little bit different than the 636 that was very popular and even zx-6 to an extent that had a better following in my travels. I would expect for the new generation to be more popular but I still think it is an anomaly as far as past popularity goes.

Again just my generalizations based on my limited travel and exposure to different groups of riders.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Well you got me on that one. I go back to my previous post. Why is that bike not the most popular? It has the biggest bang for the buck if you look at the spec sheet. Crazy!
    I had it on my list...
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760