2 7.14%
  • MV Agusta F4-RR

2 7.14%
  • Suzuki GSX-R1000

3 10.71%
  • Yamaha R1M

6 21.43%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which 2016 Superbike Would You Buy?

Re: Which 2016 Superbike Would You Buy?

I haven't read it thoroughly but it looks like they like it.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...de-review.html
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs View Post
    You posted poll and asked for discussion. Now you're getting upset because I'm voicing my opinion?
    Oh boy... If you are reading my posts and getting the sense that I'm somehow becoming upset, I apologize. That's not it at all. I'm quite happy you're voicing your opinion, that is the entire function of this thread. As long as the discussion is respectful towards the opinions of others, I stay hands-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs View Post
    But, you made a post, with a poll, with the inevitable response that people would argue why one bike is better then another.... so, why are you butthurt OP?
    Point in fact, people can have discussions that don't devolve into arguments. So, while you may think an argument was the inevitable course this thread would take, as OP, I'm monitoring and moderating my thread to ensure that doesn't happen. Butthurt doesn't factor into my responses. However I did assume that you were, and I apologize if I was mistaken, but, I couldn't help but notice a consistent pattern in your behavior towards others, including me, in this thread which contains a lot of sarcasm and what could be perceived as insults towards others, and that is completely unnecessary.

The point of this thread is not to bait an argument. Nor should a person be required to defend their choice from somebody else. It's simple, make your choice, and explain why you made your choice. If we're all adults here, we can keep our explanations within the context of our choice without stepping on the choices of the others, and I won't have to say a thing. In my first post, I said, "Have fun with this, guys!" not "Make fun of the other guys!"

To summarize:
    Having an opinion = Good
    Claiming your opinion is better than the others' = Bad
    Wanting to discuss why you feel your choice makes sense for you = Good
    Talking down to, or insulting others, for expressing why their choice makes sense to them = Bad

Just keep it civil and there won't be a problem, and, stay on topic, please.

Great conversation and great thread
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

I wasn't insulting or talking bad to anyone. Take it as you will. I'll let you have this thread, I'm out.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Oh wait, I DID buy the BMW...... Absolutely INSANE and linear motor, amazing handling (LOVE the DDC and forged wheels!), excellent brakes (Brembos, duh!), perfect fuel injection, excellent electronics (TC, stability control, race ABS, etc.), great ride and comfy ergos.....PLUS a real cruise control AND heated grips? I managed to rack up over 5,000 miles only riding in the mountains on weekends before December and I'm sold. Best bike I've ever owned so far!
    Last edited by CYCLE_MONKEY; Mon Jan 18th, 2016 at 06:03 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

And which Forum Guideline did Bueller violate?
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    And which Forum Guideline did Bueller violate?
    - Abuse of other users. We all know each other here and this is not your typical anonymous web board. If you have a problem with someone, use the board's private message feature, or don't post it. Abusive topics will be closed.
    The guidelines can be found here:
    http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum....php?f=82&a=13

His problem with me is being discussed, as it should be, in PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    The guidelines can be found here:
    http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum....php?f=82&a=13

His problem with me is being discussed, as it should be, in PM.

Well, that's too bad that this forum continues to go down hill...
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    Well, that's too bad that this forum continues to go down hill...
    /sigh... Unfortunately, you can't please everyone. If this is really a serious concern, would you care to discuss it via pm? As I have been trying to assert on numerous occasions, this thread is not the approriate place for this discussion. The reason this forum went downhill in the first place is due to members not abiding by the guidelines. I'm not trying to be heavy-fisted here, I'm trying to keep the thread I started from turning into something else. I apologize if that bothers people, but I'm simply trying to respect my original intent for my own thread.
    Last edited by Drano; Tue Jan 19th, 2016 at 11:26 AM.

Man if Bueller got in trouble for saying something, then I'm sure I should have been banned years ago. Can't think of anything Bueller has ever said that was bad. Sure he's got his opinions but he's never been malicious about them. Like I say, I should have been banned long ago if that were the case....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Man if Bueller got in trouble for saying something, then I'm sure I should have been banned years ago. Can't think of anything Bueller has ever said that was bad. Sure he's got his opinions but he's never been malicious about them. Like I say, I should have been banned long ago if that were the case....
    He didn't get in trouble, he didn't get banned. He got a post deleted, that's it.

Since it looks like this thread has run its course, I'm going to go ahead and close it. I'd like to thank everybody for participating, especially those who stayed on topic. I'll not be doing this again.