Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moto Expo death, stabbing and shooting...

Moto Expo death, stabbing and shooting...

Discuss....

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/S...367103441.html
    DENVER (AP) Denver's police chief says one person was fatally shot and seven others were wounded when a fight broke out a motorcycle expo on Saturday. Police Chief Robert White tells reporters that it was unclear what prompted the incident at the National Western Complex, where the Colorado Motorcycle Expo was being held this weekend. He says other events associated with the expo have been canceled.
    White says investigators believe there was an exchange of gunfire. In addition to the person who was shot and killed, three others were shot. White says another person was stabbed and three others suffered injuries from a fistfight.
    Police were keeping a heavy presence at the hospital where the injured people were being treated to prevent the incident from spreading from the expo.
    Police are interviewing a person of interest, and White says investigators believe there was more than one shooter.
    Previous Story:
    One person is dead after a shooting at the Colorado Motorcycle Expo in Denver Saturday afternoon.
    Several people were injured. Denver police say that one person was also stabbed.
    Police say no one has been arrested at this time. According to authorities, one person was killed and at least six others were injured.

Officers responded to the Denver Coliseum around 1 p.m. Police say shots were fired and then a stabbing occurred.
    Sister station KCNC reports that some of the injured were rushed to Denver Health Medical Center. A number of police officers are patrolling the ER entrance.
    Denver Health says the lockdown at the hospital has been lifted. It's back to normal operations.
    Hospital officials say three victims are in critical condition and three others are in stable condition.
    The attack is being investigated but witnesses told our sister station KCNC that there was a dispute between motorcycle gangs.

The event went on as scheduled but once attendees left and crossed police lines, they couldn't re-enter.
    We are working to get more information.
    First I find it insane that one person is dead and six others injured, and not a single person has been arrested. You mean to tell me that a shooting and stabbing with 7 victims, and no one could ID the culprit(s)??

And when I first heard about this I though to myself, hmmmm... moto expo, big fight, musta been "biker gangs"... and hey, what do you know....

Did the Iron Rockets bump into the Rough Ryders?

Hells Angels vs Mongols?

Or maybe disgruntled CSC Moderators?

Re: Moto Expo death, stabbing and shooting...

Mongols and Iron Order banging heads, from all accounts. The police have a "person of interest" in custody, but no charges have been filed.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Might spell the end of this particular Moto Expo.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

They have a pretty good description of the suspect. White guy, black shirt, jeans, black vest.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Most of the Iron Order (from what I hear anyway...) are current/former police and military. Not entirely surprising that "gang" got into it with another group.

Those clubs need Moderators!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Some of the news reports have one of the involved parties being a Department of Corrections officer. (you know, that sounds a lot better than Prison Guard.. ) Also, there has been talk that the show will not be coming back next year.

Overall I don't think this is good for the moto community in Denver. I don't care what you ride the general public forms an impression based on these type of reports.

I don't think it's a very far leap to form the impression as a non educated car driver that we are all bad and if they see us do something they perceive to be wrong they can call and report or worse yet take matters in to their own hands.

Hope for the best I guess.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

It was crazy there for a bit. Everyone hit the deck once the gun shots started going off. There is a big sliding steal door behind our booth that we had previously said we would go through if anything were to happen but I was trapped between two motorcycles and couldnt get around. We couldnt see exactly what was going on but shortly after the comotion they drug one guy out that was bleeding pretty good.

Sucks that a ton of $$ was missed out on but im glad there were no "innocent" folks hurt. They found a full .40 cal magazine in our booth that someone had stashed. Had half of our booth closed down for 8 hours.

My guess is that the show will change into something a little more family friendly and not a meeting spot for the 1%ers

There was a picture in the paper of the guy being helped out of the building in front of our booth.

Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

WOW, glad you're ok. Sucks that assholes like that have to ruin a good thing for all of us. Can't believe that with that police presence you pictured, the perpetrator(s) didn't get mowed down. Probably just because white cops don't like to shoot white bad guys.

They are now saying that the only suspect is a correction officer that is also a Iron Order MC member.

Not that having a gun out is terrible but a picture of it while you are leaving the scene isnt all that great.

Shame. Nice looking booth EJ.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I doubt if IMS will even consider coming back here now. I miss that show where it was less a leather pirate fest and more about manufacturers (and their test rides!). It was great when they had it up at Copper.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    I doubt if IMS will even consider coming back here now. I miss that show where it was less a leather pirate fest and more about manufacturers (and their test rides!). It was great when they had it up at Copper.
    You realize you are mixing up 3 different events? IMS (International Motorcycle Shows) was held at the convention center and it went away due to not enough attendance. This was straight from an IMS rep I talked to at the Dealer Expo a few years ago. The Copper Mountain event was Cycle Fest and it went away due to not making any money. (In this case I know the promoter personally) Colorado Motorcycle Expo, previously Colorado Motorcycle Show and Swap Meet, has always been a Harley-centric event. Where it goes from here will be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    Shame. Nice looking booth EJ.
    Thanks man! It is a shame. I bet over a million was lost in spent cash

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Thanks man! It is a shame. I bet over a million was lost in spent cash
    maybe a class action lawsuit against the two groups?

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    You realize you are mixing up 3 different events? IMS (International Motorcycle Shows) was held at the convention center and it went away due to not enough attendance. This was straight from an IMS rep I talked to at the Dealer Expo a few years ago. The Copper Mountain event was Cycle Fest and it went away due to not making any money. (In this case I know the promoter personally) Colorado Motorcycle Expo, previously Colorado Motorcycle Show and Swap Meet, has always been a Harley-centric event. Where it goes from here will be interesting
    Yeah the Expo/Swap has always been a meeting spot for the 1% groups. They literally force their members to attend. The clubs have always postured pretty hard but there literally hasnt been any altercations AT ALL.

Honestly its because they all respected each others "territory". When I first did the Expo in 2013 I was jammed in the corner of the lower level (the same area the Mongols claim as theirs). I learned pretty quickly from them who was allowed down there and who wasnt. Basically with them the only clubs that were allowed free passage were the religious ones. They had "guards" on the stairway (the same stairway where the shooting happened) and everyone knew not to go down there if they werent welcome.

Sounds like Iron Order either didnt give a shit about those lines or know that they existed (which I would find extremely hard to believe but is possible) and the rest is history.

Pretty sad.

That is just so stupid. Why I hate MC gangs/clubs. Claim a "territory" and post guards? What a joke.

Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    maybe a class action lawsuit against the two groups?
    Ive thought about it. Im going to wait and see if they can pin all of this happening on a single person/group.

I bet im out $4-$5k from the lost sales, booth fees, marketing in various places.
    I bet the ownership of the event is going to be out $200-$300k for refunds and missed entrance fees plus the value of their company just shit the bed.
    The city of Denver misses out on all the tax revenue.

Its a loose loose for sure.

The good news is: There were 10,800 people in the building at the time of the altercation. Id be willing to bet that there were 2000-3000 guns walking around that place when it all went down.

Its pretty impressive to me that the whole thing didnt turn into a giant shit show. I was trying to stay low and I didnt want my gun in a unaccessible spot. The guy next to me on the ground was laying on his stoumach with his gun out ready to rock and roll. It could have been really REALLY bad.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

I used to go to the new M/C shows in Cleveland, and went to one here as well before it went away. I went to Cycle Fest with friends many years ago up in copper and had a blast, then that never happened again. Then I went to this event once years ago.....it since it seems to be nothing but a 1%'r fest, I never went again. A friend wanted to go this Sunday, and after what happened Saturday that cemented my desire to never go (AND it was shut down). It's sad that this shit had to happen, especially with all the innocents around. Thank GOD there were no kids injured. My question is, why not a ban on "colors" like there is at many bars? Maybe that wouldn't have stopped it, but it might have. Bars do it for a reason. It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out, and if the suspect will be charged or simply found to be defending himself from a deadly threat. Remember the Twin Peaks affair down in TX recently?
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

It was an evolution to where the Expo is at now. It started as a grungy swap meet that was eventually influenced by the clubs and quickly became an annual meeting spot for them. I respect how well they all got along and now because of the Expo have friends in each of the top MCs. Even those guys are pissed that this happened.

At the end of all this is one club that has had issues with pretty much everyone over the years. There are a lot of unspoken rules in the MC world and the Iron Order pretty much doesnt give a rats ass about them. They pretty much told the Mongols to suck it by going into their turf with their colors on (technically IO should have asked for permission from the Mongols to use the same colors). Its an interesting world but the bottom line has always been "give respect, get respect" and the IO shit all over that for whatever reason.

Sure the show could just ban the colors but at what price would that have come at? It almost was going to take something like this to change the direction of it all.
    Last edited by Ezzzzy1; Tue Feb 2nd, 2016 at 04:24 PM.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post

Sure the show could just ban the colors but at what price would that have come at? It almost was going to take something like this to change the direction of it all.
    Looks like it did....and the result is they (on both sides, probably) ruined it for everyone. Honestly, I have zero respect for gangs or gang violence of any type, be it crips, bloods, or anyone else, especially when there is a chance of innocents getting hurt or killed because of the way they handle themselves and treat others.
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

I used to work in a MC strip club where the owner wanted to drop the MC's as customers. My first day on the job, they banned all colors and visible tattoos. OMG, what a ruckus that was! I just don't get the, "I'm a badass cause I am in an MC" thing.

I am amazed this didn't turn out worse with all the concealed and open carry going on.