Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moto Expo death, stabbing and shooting...

Gold Member

Re: Moto Expo death, stabbing and shooting...

from what I have been reading about the iron order is that they hide behind their badges. few prosecutors actually file charges against their members because its usually some form of peace officer or member of the military.

I haven't seen it but apparently the leader in maine or something was caught on tape saying something about other mc's are open game because they won't call the cops.

I still see a self defense angle but im not sure how far it goes because the IO essentially caused this whole thing by being disrespectful.

All of this is hearsay from people that were there in the area so take it for what its worth. According to them the IO was in the lower level where the Mongols had claimed their territory for years. One of the Mongols asked why they were down there and told them to leave. Apparently one of the IO shoved a Mongol and the Mongols opened up a can of Whoop Ass on the IO. Then one of the IO pulled out his gun and threatened to use it followed by 3 gun shots.

The detectives were saying that the guy that pulled his gun out originally was the correction officer pictured holding his gun at the top of the stairs. At that point (and im not sure which guy it is) you can see the Mongol that was fatally shot in the picture. So, if the IO had either shot because the Mongols were beating their guys to a pulp (one of the guys in critical was beat by hand) then I can (maybe) see justification to use deadly force. The other side is that if one of the Mongols (ie the guy that died) followed the corrections officer then the officer may have a leg to stand on for defending himself.

Either way, I have heard the same as Townie that the IO plays both sides of the card. A lot of people in the MC world say that you cant be a cop and an outlaw at the same time. That and they disrespected the Mongols by using their colors when picking theirs without asking. Apparently you are supposed to ask the larger clubs if you are even thinking about using an established MCs colors.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    I still see a self defense angle but im not sure how far it goes because the IO essentially caused this whole thing by being disrespectful.

All of this is hearsay from people that were there in the area so take it for what its worth. According to them the IO was in the lower level where the Mongols had claimed their territory for years. One of the Mongols asked why they were down there and told them to leave. Apparently one of the IO shoved a Mongol and the Mongols opened up a can of Whoop Ass on the IO. Then one of the IO pulled out his gun and threatened to use it followed by 3 gun shots.

The detectives were saying that the guy that pulled his gun out originally was the correction officer pictured holding his gun at the top of the stairs. At that point (and im not sure which guy it is) you can see the Mongol that was fatally shot in the picture. So, if the IO had either shot because the Mongols were beating their guys to a pulp (one of the guys in critical was beat by hand) then I can (maybe) see justification to use deadly force. The other side is that if one of the Mongols (ie the guy that died) followed the corrections officer then the officer may have a leg to stand on for defending himself.

Either way, I have heard the same as Townie that the IO plays both sides of the card. A lot of people in the MC world say that you cant be a cop and an outlaw at the same time. That and they disrespected the Mongols by using their colors when picking theirs without asking. Apparently you are supposed to ask the larger clubs if you are even thinking about using an established MCs colors.

And these are all adults....

If anyone wants to learn more about the 1%ers this is a good book of the first undercover agent that got patched in.

http://www.amazon.com/Under-Alone-Un.../dp/0345487524
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post

Well, this being America, and the event being an event open to the public, anyone can go anywhere, and where whatever clothing they want, and nobody needs anyone's "permission". The rule of law applies, not some stupid "biker code", and IF the IO guy legitimately felt himself or another was in danger for their life, I believe the law allows themselves to defend that life. Crips, bloods, biker gangs, they're all thugs and have no sympathy from me. Live by the sword, die by it.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Well, this being America, and the event being an event open to the public, anyone can go anywhere, and where whatever clothing they want, and nobody needs anyone's "permission". The rule of law applies, not some stupid "biker code", and IF the IO guy legitimately felt himself or another was in danger for their life, I believe the law allows themselves to defend that life. Crips, bloods, biker gangs, they're all thugs and have no sympathy from me. Live by the sword, die by it.
    not if physical contact was made by io to begin with as the so called rumors are claiming. if that turns out to be true then the Mongols had every right to defend themselves against the others.

also just because it is America no one has a right to go out of their way to start a fight with anyone. one big argument I would use from the Mongols side is why were these guys here? why you ask? to start a fight.

you can't claim self-defense when you go out of your way to start a fight and even assult someone. at that point you have become the criminal and should be prepared for a shit storm.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    not if physical contact was made by io to begin with as the so called rumors are claiming. if that turns out to be true then the Mongols had every right to defend themselves against the others.

also just because it is America no one has a right to go out of their way to start a fight with anyone. one big argument I would use from the Mongols side is why were these guys here? why you ask? to start a fight.

you can't claim self-defense when you go out of your way to start a fight and even assult someone. at that point you have become the criminal and should be prepared for a shit storm.
    I completely agree with you and im just playing the devils advocate but I still see this weird angle and im sure IO is going to play self defense.

Say person A starts arguing with person B and pushes them, then person B starts beating them up. Then persons C,D,E,F,G all jump in and persons H,I,J,K,L do the same from the other side. What happens if C starts really hurting H and person Z pulls out their gun and shoots C? Even if hes with the same group that started it, all he has to say is that he was afraid for Hs life and hes good. Even more if H ends up in critical condition.

I dont know. I just feel like IO knows enough about how the legal game is played to get through some of it without being touched. They seemingly have done it before.

Crips, bloods, biker gangs, they're all thugs and have no sympathy from me. Live by the sword, die by it.
    I always was under the impression that if you were "claiming" a side you lost your rights to the self defense card. I swear I had this conversation years ago with a cop. The only way that someone in a gang could be considered defending themselves was if they were at their own home. Other wise they made the decision to segregate themselves in a group of people that draw lines in the sand. They decided to cross that line.

I agree, they are all adults but this is a completely different lifestyle than most any of us know.

Gold Member

there is a world out there that lives by a different set of rules.

aaron you want to chime in here? where does the self-defense come into play on a situation like this? and also what about the Mongols right to stand their ground?

what I would think is that the moment io committed the crime they wouldn't have a right to claim self-defense. the Mongols would have the law on their side with the whole stand your ground stuff.

buuuut if the force exceeded what the situation called for than the Mongols find themselves in a sticky situation.

idk thats a fun one to go back and forth on. either way I see the main instigators being io. think a healthy lawsuit against the mc should come about. lost wages and all that fun stuff.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29...by-rival-gangs

Members of two rival motorcycle clubs — one largely made up of police officers — are blaming each other for a fight Saturday that left one man dead and seven others shot or stabbed.

No arrests have been made, police said Sunday, and the seven injured at the Colorado Motorcycle Expo remain hospitalized.

Stephen Stubbs, an attorney for the Mongols Motorcycle Club, says members of the Iron Order Motorcycle Club taunted Mongols into an argument and then escalated the violence that led to the fatal shooting of a Mongols member.

Many of those in the Iron Order are police officers, military members and other law enforcement officers.

"The Iron Order are cowards," Stubbs said Sunday. "The Iron Order started an argument. An Iron Order member threw the first punch. And when they were handily losing the fight they pulled out a gun and shot a Mongol. The only person who died here was shot by a member of the cop club."

But John C. Whitfield, a lawyer for the Iron Order Motorcycle Club, said Sunday the shootout may have started when three members were jumped by members of one or more biker gangs.

Vince Bohm, who identified himself as a member of the Mongols Motorcycle Club, said an off-duty police officer fatally shot a Mongol.

Whitfield said a Colorado Department of Corrections officer fired a shot during the incident, but he didn't know if that bullet hit any Mongols.

Stubbs, Bohm and Whitfield did not witness Saturday's brawl at the 38th annual motorcycle expo, but relayed what they heard from numerous members of the two clubs.

A large number of the Mongols, a biker gang whose website advises that they are "the baddest motorcycle club known worldwide," were at the expo. Members of other outlaw motorcycle gangs including the Bandidos and Hells Angels also were there.

Stubbs claims that the Iron Order likewise identifies itself as an outlaw motorcycle club, because it uses three patches to identify different ranks of members.

"They are known for picking fights and being jerks," he said. "It was a fair fight until the Iron Order member pulled out a gun. For them to come out and play the victim when they picked the fight is outrageous. They are a bunch of cops who say the rules of society don't apply to them."

The U.S. Department of Justice classifies the Mongols as a highly organized criminal enterprise.

Members of the Mongols did not fire a single bullet during the confrontation, Stubbs said.

He said the incident began near the basement where several Mongols had booths set up to sell T-shirts, Stubbs said. Several Iron Order members were drinking beers and staring the Mongols down. A group of Mongols walked over and said, "What are you doing here? Get out of here," Stubbs said.

One Iron Order member shoved a Mongol. A Mongol knocked a beer out of his hand. During a fight that broke out, another Iron Order member, who appeared to be drunk, pulled out a gun, waved it in the air, yelled profanities and threatened, "I'll shoot you," Stubbs said.

At that point, one of the Mongols charged the gun-toting man to tackle him and the Iron Order member shot him, Stubbs said. A melee broke out in which the Mongols had beaten their rivals, he said. The man who was armed stood up on the stairs and began waving his gun again. Another Mongol charged after him again and the Iron Order member fatally shot him, Stubbs said.

The Iron Order member who shot two men was handcuffed and taken to the police station to be questioned, he said.

"Even Mongols have a right to defend themselves," Stubbs said.

The version Whitfield tells is much different.

Only about 15 members of the Iron Order were attending the event when three got separated from the group and were jumped by members of the Mongols, and possibly others, he said. "Once that happened, there was an opportunity to jump them, and they were sorely outnumbered," Whitfield said.

Whitfield, who is flying to Denver Sunday to help handle the matter, said the fight started on a flight of stairs. "There were Mongols in front, and Mongols in back," and they began harassing an African-American member of the Iron Order.

"One of the Mongols knocked a beer out of his hand and called him a racial slur," Whitfield said.

Another member of the Mongols then confronted the corrections officer, and another Iron Order member, who was later taken into custody.

The Mongols shot first, Whitfield said. "It grazed one of our guys, and then hit another one. Then they stabbed one of our guys repeatedly and started beating up the other fellow."

The corrections officer fired his gun "clearly in self defense," Whitfield said.

Bohm, a former "patched" member of the Mongols, said he arrived at the show just after the shooting as a large group of Bandidos were streaming out of the Expo.

The primary combatants were members of the cop club and the Mongols, but it was an off-duty cop who fatally shot the Mongol, he said.

He said he is concerned that any investigation will not result in charges against a police officer, even though shooting a gun at a crowded show with kids is very dangerous.

"If a cop shoots him they'll find some way to get him off," Bohm said Sunday.

Detectives continue to interview witnesses Sunday, Raquel Lopez, Denver police spokeswoman said.

"As of right now there are no arrests," Lopez said. "They are still trying to figure it out."

Lopez said she does not know which gang the person who died Saturday is affiliated with.

And that isn't a detail that Chief Robert White is going to release at this point, she said.

Detectives have not been able to question some of the key witnesses, including those who were shot or stabbed, because they are still undergoing treatment.

"There is a lot of information that is still not known," Lopez said.

Lopez said she cannot comment on whether guns used in an exchange of gunfire have been obtained. That information is part of the investigation and will not be revealed, she said.

Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson said the melee will be thoroughly investigated and when the review is complete, the case will be presented to District Attorney Mitch Morrissey for possible charges.

"We're hearing different things about what happened," Jackson said. Before the police department releases facts about what happened they will conduct an investigation including collecting evidence at the scene.

The Denver Coroner's Office will release the identity of the dead man, she said.

Stubbs declined to name the dead man.

The injured were taken to Denver Health Medical Center, and the hospital was put on lockdown for a few hours Saturday afternoon.

The lockdown has since been lifted, and the hospital is in normal operations, though officers are still on the scene to prevent further trouble.

The seven people injured Saturday remained hospitalized Sunday. Three are listed in critical condition and four are listed in stable condition.

Denver officials canceled the expo's Sunday session at the National Western Stock Show Complex.

On Sunday, the expo's organizer posted a short message apologizing to vendors and patrons for the inconvenience.

Robert Lee comes to the event every year from his home in England to buy and sell motorcycles.

On Sunday, he was loading a pair of motorcycles he had sold into a trailer.

The shooting broke out near the spot where he was selling, but he had left his booth to get a bowl of chile, and didn't witness the bloodshed.

When he returned to the booth, police had cordoned it off, and he was unable to sell anything else. The violence, "just killed business stone dead," he said.

"We do get gang fights in England, but they try not to do it in public. It is just wrong to bring guns to an event like this," he said.

Donald Haverland, who was showing motorcycles at the Expo with his wife, has come to the event for each of the past seven years.

During that time, there have been altercations between packs of bikers, but nothing as serious as Saturday's deadly brawl.

"But I have noticed a level of antagonism increasing over the years," he said.

When the couple first began coming to the show, Haverland said, he often saw several members of different motorcycle clubs talking to each other. Most of the bikers considered the event neutral territory.

But over the past two or three years, he noticed a change in attitude.

"Someone would walk up to somebody real fast like they were mad, and then stop about 10 feet away and stare at them, and there were groups bumping into others, he said.

"I haven't wanted to come for the past five or six years because I could see an escalation," Haverland said. He came this year because his wife, Rochelle Hayes-Haverland, insisted.

She said she heard about the brawl while she was attending the Tanner Gun Show, held at the Denver Mart, on East 58th Avenue. "I was shocked," she said.

Tom McGhee: 303-954-1671, tmcghee@denverpost.com or @dpmcghee

Gold Member

notice how when they talk about the Mongols or another mc the word gang is used? I didn't see that once about the io.

anyone ever notice how slow law enforcement reacts when it involves a cop?

"we have to finish our investigation"

Gold Member

https://twistedthrottletattoo.wordpr...e-a-1ers-take/

here's an interesting take on why they don't share colors.

notice how when they talk about the Mongols or another mc the word gang is used? I didn't see that once about the io.

anyone ever notice how slow law enforcement reacts when it involves a cop?

"we have to finish our investigation"
    Yea, I did notice that. The writeup was clearly not trying to frame the IO as a gang or bunch of criminals. But, they use the 3 patch system and act like thugs. I sure hope there is security video of how this went down.

Weaksauce all around.

bunch of god damn children. seriously must be a bunch of unmarried men just hoping to find ways to express their frustration with life and try to expedite their own death. all this shit is such childish bullshit. sucks that it happened in such a public place and probably ruined this event forever (i wanted to go look at bikes and perhaps sell one of mine in the future).
    too bad these can't just happen in a park after dark and they can all just kill eachother until the last one stands and can resume his normal life once his whole club is wiped out. am I the only one who wishes this and like that twin peaks incident the same result would have happened?

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMR View Post
    bunch of god damn children. seriously must be a bunch of unmarried men just hoping to find ways to express their frustration with life and try to expedite their own death. all this shit is such childish bullshit. sucks that it happened in such a public place and probably ruined this event forever (i wanted to go look at bikes and perhaps sell one of mine in the future).
    too bad these can't just happen in a park after dark and they can all just kill eachother until the last one stands and can resume his normal life once his whole club is wiped out. am I the only one who wishes this and like that twin peaks incident the same result would have happened?
    if by incident and result you mean a clear violation of our laws to arrest people.... hell no. why would I want to give people the right to do whatever they want because they think it's okay?

not to mention our tax dollars will end up being a payday to them. yeah that sounds like a great idea. let's blow the case by killing the constitution and then give them a fat payday.

no thank you.

https://twistedthrottletattoo.wordpr...e-a-1ers-take/

here's an interesting take on why they don't share colors.
    Dumbest thing I've read in a while. Author keeps talking about how 1%'ers "earned these colors, earned these patches, through blood, blah blah".... OHHH REALLY? By playing a year of being someone's beer bitch while you prospected, that makes it "earned"??? Unless your club requires having fought in the Battle of Fallujah I don't want to hear about "I spilled blood to earn this patch". I'd go even as far as to say that Cops have more of a right to claim they earned a patch then the majority of 1%'ers. Yep, that cop who is doing his 12 hour grinds, some obviously rougher and more dangerous then others, but all of them I'm sure a lot harder then the average 1%'er.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs View Post
    Dumbest thing I've read in a while. Author keeps talking about how 1%'ers "earned these colors, earned these patches, through blood, blah blah".... OHHH REALLY? By playing a year of being someone's beer bitch while you prospected, that makes it "earned"??? Unless your club requires having fought in the Battle of Fallujah I don't want to hear about "I spilled blood to earn this patch". I'd go even as far as to say that Cops have more of a right to claim they earned a patch then the majority of 1%'ers. Yep, that cop who is doing his 12 hour grinds, some obviously rougher and more dangerous then others, but all of them I'm sure a lot harder then the average 1%'er.
    ummm.... you don't know much about the history of the 1% clubs do you?

most of these clubs are old. like 60s and some even earlier old. the majority of these clubs were made up by Vietnam vets who came home to a country that spit on them and called them baby killers. that is what started them to forming these clubs.

I'm pretty sure some of those guys would love to compare war stories and even how they were treated when returning home.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlaw_motorcycle_club

And how many guys from the 1960s makes up club members now? Ya, that's what I thought. And I know there is veterans in the clubs, but I'd venture to say the majority of members are not.

Gold Member

And how many guys from the 1960s makes up club members now? Ya, that's what I thought. And I know there is veterans in the clubs, but I'd venture to say the majority of members are not.
    so what you are saying that because in your eyes non of them faught Fallujah they have no rights to honor or respect?

does this mean I also don't have a right to honor and respect? your words are what creates a divide with public and military personnel. Best part is. the guys I know who have actually faught and have earned the right to talk shit don't.

they are humble and don't claim to have more rights than others because they went to Iraq. leave that shit at the door bruh.

I'm sorry if you have some bad memory from over there but if the best example you are going to bring to the table is a battle that we didn't even lose 100 troops in you are coming up short.

there has been much harder battles faught in our history. so lets just move away from they have no right to claim respect because they weren't there. mmmkay?

I see you clearly misinterpreted where I was going with that statement, and replied with your typical douchey response. So let me break it down for you barney style, mmmmkay?

For the author of that article to make claims of blood and sacrifice being the reasons as to why they deserve to wear their patch, is utter and complete bullshit, in my opinion. The only blood and sacrifice they encounter is from shit they initiate.

Honor and respect? Don't even talk about honor and respect. Tell me, what have they done to gain honor and respect?? Guard a fucking stairwell at a bike expo? What a joke. These guys are nothing but thugs, who the majority of time run a criminal enterprise. You telling me that deserves honor and respect??? They ain't even good at being thugs. If they are so hard core bad to the bone mother fuckers as that author wants us to beleive, they'd have smoked at least a few IO members in retaliation by now. They'd rip patches off the backs of IO guys when they see them on the road and leave them for dead. But.... I don't see that happening?? Instead they guard a stairwell and cry like bitches when one of their own gets smoked.

Honor and respect is not given because you wear a patch. It's earned every day, military, cops, firefighters, etc... and not saying there aren't MC guys who haven't done that. But the majority that I do see, is all about the image. Hanging out, wearing the cuts, with their baton and 357 mag revolver they are open carrying, just out there trying to act tough and looking for a fight. A large part military age males, who never served but want to talk about how they'd smoke ISIS and this and that. News flash, all branches of the military is hiring. Cops always in demand. Drug war is alive and thriving. Border needs protected. Want to prove how bad ass you are, go do something more with your life.

Gold Member

I see you clearly misinterpreted where I was going with that statement, and replied with your typical douchey response. So let me break it down for you barney style, mmmmkay?

For the author of that article to make claims of blood and sacrifice being the reasons as to why they deserve to wear their patch, is utter and complete bullshit, in my opinion. The only blood and sacrifice they encounter is from shit they initiate.

Honor and respect? Don't even talk about honor and respect. Tell me, what have they done to gain honor and respect?? Guard a fucking stairwell at a bike expo? What a joke. These guys are nothing but thugs, who the majority of time run a criminal enterprise. You telling me that deserves honor and respect??? They ain't even good at being thugs. If they are so hard core bad to the bone mother fuckers as that author wants us to beleive, they'd have smoked at least a few IO members in retaliation by now. They'd rip patches off the backs of IO guys when they see them on the road and leave them for dead. But.... I don't see that happening?? Instead they guard a stairwell and cry like bitches when one of their own gets smoked.

Honor and respect is not given because you wear a patch. It's earned every day, military, cops, firefighters, etc... and not saying there aren't MC guys who haven't done that. But the majority that I do see, is all about the image. Hanging out, wearing the cuts, with their baton and 357 mag revolver they are open carrying, just out there trying to act tough and looking for a fight. A large part military age males, who never served but want to talk about how they'd smoke ISIS and this and that. News flash, all branches of the military is hiring. Cops always in demand. Drug war is alive and thriving. Border needs protected. Want to prove how bad ass you are, go do something more with your life.
    just being a cop DOESNT give honor either. there is plenty of cops that commit crimes every day. so umm... yeah... by your own words fuck cops too. hell what about soldiers who come home and start committing crimes? shall be throw them all into the same group?

sure there is a criminal element but you have no idea what that 1% is about. you watched WAAAAAY too much sons of anarchy.

those so called gangs actually do a lot. they raise money for their communities and do a lot of good. you just don't see that on the news because.... well... it doesn't make you afraid.

I'm not sure who you are talking about because more than the majority of mc riders I have ever met have wives. they have families. they have jobs. they are not drug lords who around like its wild west.

I'm not saying those things don't happen but they happen in all walks of life. cops deal drugs. soldiers commit crimes.

defending a stairway? lol. bro if you even bothered to pay attention to what was going you would know that the guys in the pic on the stairway was the iron order.

the iron order is a 1% mc that is made up of active duty law enforcement and military. hahahaha!

you have no idea what you are talking about here. go read some history. educate yourself some. stop talking out of your ass and out of emotion about things you don't know.

your ignorance is so pathetic I truly fear for your safety in the real world.

Ah ya, I was waiting for the "MCs hold 1 rally a year for disabled kids, so hey they must be good guys!"....

Ya man, you got it right. Cops and soldiers are criminals, and 1%'ers are hero's that deserve honor and respect.

I'm gonna go live in the real world now.

B.A.C.A. is who we donate and support in the MC world. They do a lot of good for kids.

http://bacaworld.org/

Gold Member

Ah ya, I was waiting for the "MCs hold 1 rally a year for disabled kids, so hey they must be good guys!"....

Ya man, you got it right. Cops and soldiers are criminals, and 1%'ers are hero's that deserve honor and respect.

I'm gonna go live in the real world now.
    again just shows your ignorance.