Thread: Hello!

Hello!

Hey everyone! I just joined this site a while back but could never get my account to work until now, so here I am. I reside in Colorado springs and ride a sport bike (when the weather allows it!). I actually am looking for some assistance as well... I am trying to see if there is anyone here who would be willing to help me adjust my suspension to my weight; or at least make sure I don't screw things up. Heck, I'm willing to pay someone to show me how it's done first hand.
    Regardless, I hope to meet some of you soon and meet up to ride!
    Last edited by Crazy-Ivan; Wed Feb 10th, 2016 at 12:55 PM.

Re: Hello!

Post up a picture of your bike! Welcome to the board.

Here is my 2013 Yamaha R6 next to my buddy's Katana. After my 2006 was stolen I just decided I wanted another one since I had such good experiences with the motorcycle.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Welcome to the CSC and WOW.. haven't seen a Katana in like forever!
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Here is a great thread specifically related to setting suspension up on the newer R6. Ive always read that the bike is set for a 180lb rider from the factory, FYI.

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/56-su...tup-101-a.html

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF86AvK2XVA
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Nice...i'm a 6 rider as well

welcome!
    Current - 2008 Blue R6
    Sold - 2003 Custom Red R6

Cage - 2012 Nissan Frontier Pro4x

Welcome! I'm down here in the springs too. If I can find time, I can probably help ya out with setting the suspension. Have a 1 month old newborn and go back to work next week, so we'll see how I adjust... rofl... but I'll let ya know. I got a heated garage, stands, plenty of tools, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Here is a great thread specifically related to setting suspension up on the newer R6. Ive always read that the bike is set for a 180lb rider from the factory, FYI.

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/56-su...tup-101-a.html

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF86AvK2XVA

Awesome! I am currently 172lbs so maybe I wont have to adjust it too much. The bike just feels a bit stiff, that's all. Nice to meet you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs View Post
    Welcome! I'm down here in the springs too. If I can find time, I can probably help ya out with setting the suspension. Have a 1 month old newborn and go back to work next week, so we'll see how I adjust... rofl... but I'll let ya know. I got a heated garage, stands, plenty of tools, etc

That would be a blessing. Of course, life and family come first, so no worries, PM me whenever you think you would like to meet and give me a hand with the suspension. I'll even throw in there some money for the favor, lol. No rush and no shame if life gets in the way, I completely understand and appreciate the offer!

Another factor that I am trying to learn how to do it with someone who knows how to do it is because the dealers here want to charge me $80-$95 to set-up my suspension. It seems a bit steep from what I recall hearing it costs in other places.
    Last edited by Crazy-Ivan; Wed Feb 10th, 2016 at 08:13 PM.

Be sure to check tire pressures. When I bought my 6, I thought for sure the suspension was f'd because I bought it from a girl and figured she had the suspension set to her liking. Bike kept steering into turns when I would lean--turns out my front tire was just underinflated. Having the same problem on the GSXR now but I can't get it fixed. R6 is the best bike anyways

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

Quote Originally Posted by GMR View Post
    Be sure to check tire pressures. When I bought my 6, I thought for sure the suspension was f'd because I bought it from a girl and figured she had the suspension set to her liking. Bike kept steering into turns when I would lean--turns out my front tire was just underinflated. Having the same problem on the GSXR now but I can't get it fixed. R6 is the best bike anyways

Good recommendation. I actually recently did that before the snow hit so last time I rode things were in place. The problem might also be me not being a good rider!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Ivan View Post
    Awesome! I am currently 172lbs so maybe I wont have to adjust it too much. The bike just feels a bit stiff, that's all. Nice to meet you all!
    I bet all your gear is another 5-10 lbs. As long as no one has messed with the suspension you could leave it alone and you should be good.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Great screen name! Welcome to The CSC!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    I bet all your gear is another 5-10 lbs. As long as no one has messed with the suspension you could leave it alone and you should be good.

Good point... Will definitely keep that in mind
    And by the way, thank you all for the warm welcome!

So, where is everyone from? (CO Springs here!) I am trying to meet new riders in order to get a ride going in the near future. I hear it will snow next week, though.

Welcome Ivan.

The base here seems to be around Denver Metro but there are a few down in the springs.

I'm not sure we are done with the winter weather yet but I'll sure take a few nice days mixed in here.

As far as suspension goes. My .02 is that everyone has a different opinion and feel they want from their bike. Set the sag and then a base setting. Then tweak it over time and (if you really get involved) for each condition. In other words my setting would probably not be your settings. Also keep a spreadsheet/notebook so you can make notes on what you like or dislike and what changes you made.

Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Welcome Ivan.

The base here seems to be around Denver Metro but there are a few down in the springs.

I'm not sure we are done with the winter weather yet but I'll sure take a few nice days mixed in here.

As far as suspension goes. My .02 is that everyone has a different opinion and feel they want from their bike. Set the sag and then a base setting. Then tweak it over time and (if you really get involved) for each condition. In other words my setting would probably not be your settings. Also keep a spreadsheet/notebook so you can make notes on what you like or dislike and what changes you made.

Cool, thank you for the reply and the info!

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I'm south of the Tech Center, in Lone Tree.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Welcome to CSC.
    I am in NW COS. Still trying to find time to get the bikes back on the street.
    Count on winter weather appearing all the way to April. Thats usually when I swap my winter rims back to summer on my car.
    Good luck with the suspension, well set up suspension makes the world of difference.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    Welcome to CSC.
    I am in NW COS. Still trying to find time to get the bikes back on the street.
    Count on winter weather appearing all the way to April. Thats usually when I swap my winter rims back to summer on my car.
    Good luck with the suspension, well set up suspension makes the world of difference.

I hear ya! To be honest the bike is plenty fast for me so that is why I am trying to adjust the things that will make her more comfortable to my riding. I'm located North East of COS by woodman and rangewood. Looking at the weather for this week it looks like we will be graced with weather in the low 60's. If you guys go ride, be safe out there! I'll definitely be taking the girl out to get some air.