Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock, Kimbo Slice, or Dada 500 Fans….

Any Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock, Kimbo Slice, or Dada 500 Fans….

Well this Friday night they fight on Bellator (Spike TV; free event) ; Gracie vs Shamrock 20 years since their last bout! Both of these guys are pioneers in the MMA world so it will be cool to see the “old” guys come back for this fun match. My money is on Royce as he is what got me into martial arts (made me see a smaller guy can beat a much larger opponent with the proper skills). Now Ken could land that big hook he throws and take Royce out, but I think he is too smart for that and won’t even play that game.

As for Kimbo Slice vs Dada5000, this is a grudge match many years in the making. Dada5000 was Kimbo’s bodyguard back in the day and part of Kimbo’s crew. When Kimbo left the backyard fighting scene Dada took over as the “king of the streets” and the feud of who would win has been building since and it finally happens on Friday. There is a good documentary on Netflix called “Dawg Fight” that shows Dada5000 and how he took over the backyard fighting scene.

Even though I really like Dada5000 my money is on Kimbo as I feel he is greatly underrated; 7 and 0 in pro boxing career (6 by KO), went through the Ultimate Fighter, and has beat some big names like Ken Shamrock, Houston Alexander, and Tank Abbot….he also is said to be a really cool humble guy (unlike what people view him as). Dada is a great backyard fighter, but I think when he steps into the ring with Kimbo he is going to see how much elevated a pro fighter is over the backyard guys he has beat.

Anyways should be a fun match and good to see Bellator step it up to compete with the UFC monopoly P.S. For you big fans….Ben Henderson signed with Bellator!

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/14...g-bellator-mma
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Re: Any Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock, Kimbo Slice, or Dada 500 Fans….

Hard to believe anyone still wants to watch Ken. His last fights have been pretty bad. I'll be checking out the Kimbo V Dada results though.

Gold Member

hey Nate have you watched any of this Russian madness?

USA vs Poland.

https://youtu.be/yI4yIvNI9So

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    Hard to believe anyone still wants to watch Ken. His last fights have been pretty bad. I'll be checking out the Kimbo V Dada results though.
    Ken was always a ass*ole so maybe people just like to see him get beat up....I do His last fight was with Kimbo and he couldn't tap him out even though he got Kimbo down...then Kimbo got up and KO'd Ken in one punch. If anything this is just to get more interest in Bellator by bringing in some of the legends. Bellator is really the only competition that UFC has so I feel it is important to support them so we do not have a bigger UFC monopoly. They are slowly bringing over some good talent from UFC; Phil Davis, Cheick Kongo, Diego Nunes, Kendall Grove, Stephan Bonnar, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Tito Ortiz, Lavar Johnson...and Benson Henderson

I'll be shocked if the Kimbo vs Dada goes past the first round....1st rd KO by one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post

USA vs Poland.

Wow, 5 on 5 MMA! Wow, no I have not seen this. Scanned it since here at work, but I'll watch it in detail tonight when I get home. Pretty wild and not sure how this would work so very curious. Good stuff man, thanks

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Ken was always a ass*ole so maybe people just like to see him get beat up....I do His last fight was with Kimbo and he couldn't tap him out even though he got Kimbo down...then Kimbo got up and KO'd Ken in one punch. If anything this is just to get more interest in Bellator by bringing in some of the legends. Bellator is really the only competition that UFC has so I feel it is important to support them so we do not have a bigger UFC monopoly. They are slowly bringing over some good talent from UFC; Phil Davis, Cheick Kongo, Diego Nunes, Kendall Grove, Stephan Bonnar, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Tito Ortiz, Lavar Johnson...and Benson Henderson

I'll be shocked if the Kimbo vs Dada goes past the first round....1st rd KO by one of them.

Wow, 5 on 5 MMA! Wow, no I have not seen this. Scanned it since here at work, but I'll watch it in detail tonight when I get home. Pretty wild and not sure how this would work so very curious. Good stuff man, thanks
    its basically super old school mma rules. no eye gouging or throat its and no biting. besides that everything goes.

its an eliminating style fight. once a fighter has been removed it becomes five on four. basically the first team to win that initial one on one wins the match.

each team has ten fighters allowing for subs throughout the brackets. but to win the event I think you end up fighting three fights in one night. lots of stories in the mma world that don't really like it.

there is five refs in the ring with the fighters but still it gets brutal. soccer kicks to the face on downed fighters. five on one street style beat downs.

America is not ready for this. lol

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

You hosting this at your crib, Nate?
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post

USA vs Poland.

Good find there Townie!

I always liked watching Frank and Ken back in the day..... DVR for sure this Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    You hosting this at your crib, Nate?
    Hadn't even thought of it since it is a free event. I am sure Eileen and I will be watching it, so if you want to join us you are welcome; just hit me up first....same phone #

I am going boarding on Friday...any chance you can play hookie from work and join me? I have not been up all season and got the day off.

Hadn't even thought of it since it is a free event. I am sure Eileen and I will be watching it, so if you want to join us you are welcome; just hit me up first....same phone #

I am going boarding on Friday...any chance you can play hookie from work and join me? I have not been up all season and got the day off.
    We are sneaking out Monday for some skiing! Where you going Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    We are sneaking out Monday for some skiing! Where you going Friday?
    No idea, but my company gave me off every Friday this month....so can't switch it to Monday

I am thinking maybe Loveland as it is close and cheap. First time this year so going to just take it easy. So far I am going solo, but if I find someone else that wants to go somewhere else I am down.

Let me see if I can pull a fast one and join you. I am going up on Saturday too, so if you wanna go back-to-back.

I'll hit you up if it swings!

EDIT: If I can make it up, would you consider going to one of the Vail-owned spots? I have ski-with-a-friend passes that you could use.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Thu Feb 18th, 2016 at 03:56 AM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Let me see if I can pull a fast one and join you. I am going up on Saturday too, so if you wanna go back-to-back.

EDIT: If I can make it up, would you consider going to one of the Vail-owned spots? I have ski-with-a-friend passes that you could use.

I might be able to go with you Saturday

Cool....yeah, but like Keystone would work better over Vail or Beaver Creek since I am not sure how much a pass is there...my guess is over $100.

Let me know.

So I'm cleared for having tomorrow off Nate. I'm down to do this, if we can make it happen!

Here's the down-side... I just checked the SWAF prices online and from 2/12 to 2/21 here is what they are:
    Beaver Creek: $151
    Vail: $151
    Breckenridge: $141
    Keystone: $104

I'm not sure if any discount is available at Arapahoe Basin, but it might just be window price. I don't even know if with those "discount" prices, this even sounds good anymore.

Mitch: Hit me up about Saturday, if you're serious about going!
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Thu Feb 18th, 2016 at 03:15 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

So I'm cleared for having tomorrow off Nate. I'm down to do this, if we can make it happen!

Here's the down-side... I just checked the SWAF prices online and from 2/12 to 2/21 here is what they are:
    Beaver Creek: $151
    Vail: $151
    Breckenridge: $141
    Keystone: $104

I'm not sure if any discount is available at Arapahoe Basin, but it might just be window price. I don't even know if with those "discount" prices, this even sounds good anymore.

Mitch: Hit me up about Saturday, if you're serious about going!
    Damn that is $40 more than I had planned to spend, but f*ck it I said I'd do it so I'm down Let's do Keystone over the others since a better price....I'd rather pay more for Keystone over ABasin.

Will do. I have Nolan tonight and the 'rents are coming over for a visit, so I'll be a bit tied up but I will have my phone. The earliest I can drop him off at school tomorrow AM is 6:30, but if we can meet up and leave after that, I'm fully down!
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

You have who?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    You have who?
    stop acting like you haven't been kidnapped for the night to be barns cuddle buddy. from the sounds of it he fully intends to have back to world by 0630.

sweet dreams.

I fucking hate school.

Gold Member

I fucking hate school.
    well at least barn got you there on time. lol!!

I fucking hate school.

GED (Good Enough Diploma).? You can do it. Then you can go to Community College.

So did anyone watch these fights? Wow, the Kimbo vs Dada was one of the worst “gassing” I have ever seen in a MMA fight. It is quite easy to see these two did not take this bout seriously enough. They must not have trained all that much and I think it was a bit embarrassing and I am a fan of both guys.

Then to top it off Dada 5000 went into cardiac arrest after the fight and had to be revived; he cut 40pnds to make 265 and this lead to extreme exhaustion in the fight and his potassium levels rose so high his kidneys went into failure. Now I give props for Dada for not quitting, but damn this goes to show you can’t do a 3rnd pro fight and not train hardcore for it. I doubt Dada had a real strength and conditioning coach and this would have helped him greatly. As for Kimbo, I really thought he wouldn’t gas like that, but guess the combination of age (he is 42…yet we have seen older do 5rnds) and the fact he has way to much muscle for MMA…
    http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/14...g-bellator-149

Pretty crazy when Joe Rogan comes out saying these “fun fights” can’t happen anymore
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/22...-5000-mma-news
    Rogan's quote ""Yea, his heart stopped," said Rogan. "It was filled with cheeseburgers and fried chicken and orange soda. He didn't train. There was no way he trained. I mean, he might have trained for a couple of days. You should have lost 40 pounds before. It's not like you didn't know you were going to do this. How about Kimbo? What the f**k was going on with him? That wasn't even amateur hour. Really? If it was an amateur fight you'd be champing at the bit to fight those guys. 'I hope they're in my bracket.'"

Even the ref, John McCarthy was worried during fight
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/21...oing-all-three

As for Gracie vs Shamrock – well another disappointment. I wanted the fight to go longer and to not end with a “controversy”. So now Ken will always say that Royce cheated and hit him in the groin and this is why he lost. I’ve went over it a few times and really hard to tell if a groan shot landed. I did think Royce had the greatest answer to Ken over it. “"But, I was telling Ken, we come from an era where there was no time limit, no weight division, no gloves, no rules, groin shots were allowed. But it did not catch his groin." So basically, stop crying Ken as this is how we started the sport; groan shots and all.
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/20...hamrock-it-did
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Feb 22nd, 2016 at 08:42 AM.

You have who?
    My son is named Nolan.

~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson