Thread: Got my new camper (for those who have been helping me with QnA)

Got my new camper (for those who have been helping me with QnA)

Last wednesday, I left work and went to Cheyenne to pick up a buddy, they we road warriored it to get the camper and them home with the new tow.

First real road trip in the Dodge, @2630 miles in 4 days.

Got there in about 1.5 days, so had a half day to screw around. Went to an Indian otorcycles dealer. Pretty bikes, I failed on taking pics, but def good looking. I finally got to see Touchdown Jesus in person.

Picked it up brand new, 2015 left over and hit the road.

Just one of multiple sunsets during the trip

Finally got it home after months of research and negotiations.... Love it. It barely felt like the camper was back there. Under acceleration, no heavy load and under braking it handled the weight just fine. birch, tow hitch worked just fine, but you are right, its loud. Can't wait for the wife to hear it, I will def play along that something must be about to fall off.

Thanks to all the folks who offered ideas. Very happy with the end product. It is large, but have already found plenty of locations on federal/state campgrounds that we can go to. But most don't have hook ups. No worries, new batteries to be installed, gennie and eventually solar.

The wife really wanted us to get a bumper pull. "What if you get the bike running and you decide to start track days or racing again? Without a toy hauler, we need a way to get the bikes there." Oh, I love that woman.

Most important, the girls approved.
    Last edited by Captain Obvious; Tue Mar 8th, 2016 at 08:18 PM.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Re: Got my new camper (for those who have been helping me with QnA)

We had to pull over Friday night and sleep in a parking lot. Unhooked the electrical from the truck and climbed into the camper. Turned the furnace on at @1AM. It went out about 4 AM and I was glad I had a 0 degree sleeping bag. Cause it was in the 40s. I emailed the dealer and the response was "if you plan to use the camper that way, you will need an extra battery, yours came with a light duty." To the people they have, everyone uses a generator all day or has hookups. They had very little information / knowledge on dry camping.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Looks awesome! What brand/model?

crossRoads Rezerve rtz31sb

Enjoy it! Here's our new TV and camper. Truck is an '05 and the camper is a leftover '15 as well.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Very nice! You'll have some fun with that.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Good looking set up birch. Got lucky on the matching. I do like the kitchen slide out but wasn't a feature I could get. How much does it slide out? Area under the awning feel impacted?

Both slides are 42" deep. I haven't had a chance yet to check the impact except for when we were doing the PDI. I'm sure it will impact it some, but I'll live with it!