Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Correct.
Sorry, I was trying to keep an eye on the forums so I could answer this right away, but I've been busy, and got sick this week.

Yes and no... we have been refused entry for this year alone, but are allowed to participate again next year, if we want...

(not directed specifically at you, Townie, but what you said seemed like a fitting intro to this)
Without getting in to all the detail, every year, many people in the crowd want us to do wheelies and burnouts. In years past, we've been told to stop doing burnouts, by either the parade marshals and/or the Denver PD (I even got chased down and confronted by some cadets for doing an unsanctioned burnout in 2011). One year, they told us (quite emphatically) when we arrived at the staging area, that we were not allowed to do any stunts. Another year, while a bunch of us were trying to do burnouts in front of the judges stand, a bunch of parade marshals came running out telling us all to stop.

None of that happened last year... not a single Denver Police Officer, or parade marshal, ever approached us and told us to stop doing burnouts... in fact, before I did my first burnout, I asked a Denver Police officer for permission, and he gave it to me. I think I did about 8 or 9 burnouts, and, for all but one of them, I asked for, and received permission from a Denver Police Officer. I canvased the other riders from last year, and the same is true for them (never told to stop, and many also asked for, and received, permission).

I'm guessing somebody complained, though, and apparently, the people who were supposed to tell us to stop (but didn't), changed their stories to cover their asses, because, according to the Parade Committee, we were told to stop, and we disobeyed... either that, or it was all a conspiracy to get us kicked out.
obamas fault.