Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PMP track days

PMP track days

The new management has taken control of PMP and has gotten off to a pretty busy start. But only if corners scare you. Just about every event they've planned so far is a 1/4mi event, and near as I can tell, there is not a single public road course day scheduled yet. They say they're working on it, but it takes time.

We need to put pressure on this management. They are willing to run the road course, but not if no one shows interest in going. Do me, us, and the 2-wheel hobby in general a favor, go to the Facebook page, and ask about track days. The mobile site is linked below, if you have trouble just search for PMP Save the Track.

https://m.facebook.com/PMP.savethetr...urce=typeahead

Chocolate Thunder

Re: PMP track days

They have 2 MRA open lapping days that say open to public, but both from what I hear are only open to MRA. Can anyone say yes or no to this.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Taste the rainbow...B*itch
    http://www.pajiba.com/videos/awesome...inbow-btch.php

Chocolate Thunder

Also dont see anything on the Sunset Clinic.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Yeah this is kinda what I was worried about. The new management only wants drag racing, which is great if you're inbred. However, for those of us that actually like acceleration, braking, corner entry, apex and exit, body positioning and working on lap times, then I guess we're all sh*t up a creek.

Oh well, all hail the Mullet... MURICA!!!

P.S.
    what about those of us that don't do Fakebook? Guess we'll have to call by phone...

P.S.S.
    MURICA!!!!!!!!!!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I know the MRA lapping day on the 29th is for MRA licensed racers only.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

It looks like there will be road course events, but only for SCCA, NASA and other car clubs. Like Aaron says, two wheeled enthusiasts will have to get the word out and get on their radar.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    I know the MRA lapping day on the 29th is for MRA licensed racers only.
    That's bullshit IMO. I understand their concern, they don't want noobies and amateurs endangering everyone by running on a track for the 1st or 2nd time.

But, and not saying I'm all that and a bag of chips, but I know the ins and outs, can hold a competitive pace, and am familiar with the environment. I just have no interest in actually racing at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    That's bullshit IMO. I understand their concern, they don't want noobies and amateurs endangering everyone by running on a track for the 1st or 2nd time.

But, and not saying I'm all that and a bag of chips, but I know the ins and outs, can hold a competitive pace, and am familiar with the environment. I just have no interest in actually racing at this point.
    From what I know, the 29th is not an open lapping day. The MRA bought the full day and is providing all the staffing/supplies/ambulance. In the past, we have always done a MRA day before round 1 as a lot of us show up to shake off the cobwebs and it is a fairly full day.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

It's just due because the MRA pays for it all and it's a private outing due to race weekend. It's always been like that but round 1 has been at HPR for quite some time so even over there was the same thing. Is nothing personal against others, just a private deal so racers can get back up to speed a little.bit, familiarize back with the bike and pace and track conditions, that's all. Again, nothing personal.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post

It's not bullshit. We are renting the facility that Friday. We are paying for track rental, ambulances, corner workers, insurance, front gate, etc which means we can stipulate who participates. The primary reason that it's not a public track day is that our liability insurance is covering the event so you need to be an MRA member in order to ride.

When the new management at PMP is able to start putting on their own open track days, they will be open to the public. They just took over and they have no experience putting on a motorcycle lapping day yet. They plan to educate themselves at the MRA weekend end of this month.
    Last edited by UglyDogRacing; Tue Apr 12th, 2016 at 10:10 AM.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    It's not bullshit. We are renting the facility that Friday. We are paying for track rental, ambulances, corner workers, insurance, front gate, etc which means we can stipulate who participates. The primary reason that it's not a public track day is that our liability insurance is covering the event so you need to be an MRA member in order to ride.

When the new management at PMP is able to start putting on their own open track days, they will be open to the public. They just took over and they have no experience putting on a motorcycle lapping day yet. They plan to educate themselves at the MRA weekend end of this month.
    Great answer. Thanks for all the hard work Jim. A lot of us are really happy to have the Friday for practice

Chocolate Thunder

Thank you Jim,
    I dont think Aaron was read correctly, he isnt upset with MRA, he is and I just trying to get clarification to the calander at PMP web site. It currently states MRA open lapping for Public. The key word that I am surprised you havent received more calls on this is "Public". I feel frustrated with this as well, there are a large group of people who are not prepared to go MRA, but have used this track for gaining experience and it is not available anymore to us. This leaves us with only one option and thats HPR which is a great track, but will also leave alot of people to practice on the streets due to the distance. Please dont take this towards you, we just need to know what the facts are versus what we are told.

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post

Last edited by Drama2; Tue Apr 12th, 2016 at 02:03 PM.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Not sure if Ienatsch is still reading this board, perhaps he can shed some light if the Sunset Clinics will still be a part of PMP going forward.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Chocolate Thunder

So for those of you that have been following the situation at Pueblo Motorsports Park, I am happy to announce that the Sunset Rider Clinic will continue in 2016 at PMP. There was a change in the track management and we were able to negotiate a an acceptable business arrangement. We have set tentative dates with our first clinic kicking off in just a little over a month from this posting.

Our tentative dates are:

April 24th, 2016
    May 15th, 2016
    June 26th, 2016
    July 17th, 2016
    August 7th, 2016
    September 18th, 2016
    October 16th, 2016

Now that we have a track venue for 2016 follow us on facebook for more information on the clinics and some new looks.........

As always you can contact us via facebook or by email at sunsetriderclinic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Not sure if Ienatsch is still reading this board, perhaps he can shed some light if the Sunset Clinics will still be a part of PMP going forward.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Really hope they get some track days going, I love PMP

We shall see if they plan anything after the MRA race weekend. That way they have a feeling for motorcycles and how we work
    2013 zx6r
    MRA Novice #407
    Race like a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Snazzy View Post
    Really hope they get some track days going, I love PMP

We shall see if they plan anything after the MRA race weekend. That way they have a feeling for motorcycles and how we work
    I wouldn't hold your breath......
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Seeing the calendar outlook so far is a disappointment. The guys that were doing the track clean up day did seem to be interested in including bikes though. Not holding the breath for their calendar through September of this year but there are a few weekends not penciled in yet. hopefully they haven't just been lip servicing and holding off to learn from the MRA events for future dates. Dunno but not giving up hope just yet.
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Everyone -

Give these folks a break - they were just awarded the contract a month ago. Running a racetrack is HUGE endeavor, so OF COURSE they are doing what they know first. To them that's the low hanging fruit and a way to get revenue that they know how to make in the bank account.

Most organizations that run racetracks schedule their events as much as a YEAR in advance - I think it's quite amazing that they have ANYTHING on the calendar, much less stage events that are outside of their wheelhouse.

Make your wants and needs known, but there is NO REASON to be mad or oppositional at this point. Instead of "demanding" something, why not ask what you can do to help put the events you want on the calendar? They might need all of our help to get this thing back off the ground.

Seriously - you have no idea how hard this is.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    Everyone -

Give these folks a break - they were just awarded the contract a month ago. Running a racetrack is HUGE endeavor, so OF COURSE they are doing what they know first. To them that's the low hanging fruit and a way to get revenue that they know how to make in the bank account.

Most organizations that run racetracks schedule their events as much as a YEAR in advance - I think it's quite amazing that they have ANYTHING on the calendar, much less stage events that are outside of their wheelhouse.

Make your wants and needs known, but there is NO REASON to be mad or oppositional at this point. Instead of "demanding" something, why not ask what you can do to help put the events you want on the calendar? They might need all of our help to get this thing back off the ground.

Scott
    Nuff said.....
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Chocolate Thunder

Nope, I am not done...
    On our schedule I have open lapping motorcycles on May 13th from 9 am to 3 pm, June 3rd from 9 am to 3 pm, June 24th from 9-3, July 15th from 9-3, July 29th from 9-3, August 12th from 9-3, and Sept. 22nd from 9-3. That is what I have on the schedule. Sorry it is not up on the website.

Thank you Greg Law for hearing and helping us out.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    Everyone -

Scott
    Rybo, there's not a whole lot I've ever disagreed with you on. However, this I must disagree.

Here's why:

My biggest issue is not so much with the company that took over the track. But the way they are doing it. I can't think of one successful and flourishing business that would decided to take over another business endeavor and not have a plan of implementation to take full effect the moment they obtain control of the park. This isn't one of those cases where you can just "make it up" as you go along. There should have been a complete business plan in place and a plan of implementation.

What I think is happening is that they are getting enough feedback from road racers and now they are having to back peddle and look more into actually running the road course. When I saw who won the contract, I knew exactly what was going to happen. Drag Strip would be #1 always, and the road course somewhere between #2 and #10 depending on their mood for the day.

I myself am not mad, nor am I opposed to the company. I understand that running a racetrack is very tough and very hard on those who are trying to run it. Yet, that's what they signed up for, they wanted to run it and just because it's hard doesn't mean we have to take it easy on them. I also wasn't born last night and I know exactly how they are going to treat the road course if they get their way. I also know that the road course wasn't a blip on their radar until they started hearing from people who like the road course.

And I don't think anyone here(least not how I read others comments) was implying anyone was demanding service. Also, I have to disagree with calling them up and asking what I can do to help. Other than paying for my track fees(which I'll gladly do, always), can't really see as there is much to offer. Again, if these same people were willing to lobby to get the former track management removed, then I don't think they need my help in running their new business, because they got what they asked for in my opinion.

As far as volunteering to help, yeah I don't do that. I can't see volunteering my time to help someone who's supposed to know what they are doing. It may come across as selfish or self-serving but time is money to someone like myself. Unfortunately my schedule doesn't allow much free time to get down there, as now it seems that all open track days will be on Friday, and that I'll have to schedule in with work.

Lastly, I'm not venting at you or anyone per se. What I am irritated with and more or less disappointed at, is the fact that the old track manager was basically run out via a witch hunt(and that's another story altogether for another time). I guess I expected this much more professional company to have taken over and have this up and running 100 times better than they former track management company that was so much complained about. I would leave the follow phrase for the company in charge....

“Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part”.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Chocolate Thunder

I just learned the Motorcycle Open Lapping is based on how many motorcycles we get for the day. We have to make sure that we cover the cost of our insurance and the ambulance. As soon as we finalize the number we need we will let you know, but those are the dates as long as we get the bikes. I hope you are ok with that. Like we have stated from the beginning we are a community and we want ALL racing and ALL racers. No one left behind.

This is also a email I received from them. There will be ambulances....
    Last edited by Drama2; Wed Apr 13th, 2016 at 08:14 PM.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by Drama2 View Post
    I just learned the Motorcycle Open Lapping is based on how many motorcycles we get for the day. We have to make sure that we cover the cost of our insurance and the ambulance. As soon as we finalize the number we need we will let you know, but those are the dates as long as we get the bikes. I hope you are ok with that. Like we have stated from the beginning we are a community and we want ALL racing and ALL racers. No one left behind.

This is also a email I received from them. There will be ambulances....
    From the way you're wording your comments, I assume you are working for the new organization that is running PMP? Do appreciate the comments and feedback you're giving us here. Honestly, have gotten more info out of you, than the track website. I'm for sure already planning on doing the open track days. That's what I was hoping for, just the opportunity to be able to get back to just some good old open lapping days at a track that I really love to ride. I'm all for the added safety and extra insurance. Makes sense and I like it.

I'm for sure planning on the May 13th and I'd like to get in both days for June and July. We'll see how it pans out because of work. Thanks for the info though,
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    From the way you're wording your comments, I assume you are working for the new organization that is running PMP? Do appreciate the comments and feedback you're giving us here. Honestly, have gotten more info out of you, than the track website. I'm for sure already planning on doing the open track days. That's what I was hoping for, just the opportunity to be able to get back to just some good old open lapping days at a track that I really love to ride. I'm all for the added safety and extra insurance. Makes sense and I like it.

I'm for sure planning on the May 13th and I'd like to get in both days for June and July. We'll see how it pans out because of work. Thanks for the info though,
    I believe she is cutting and pasting the response from the new operators after various communications back and forth.

Drama2 doesn't work for the new management. She is just hooked on track days now and wants PMP open lapping

Best course of action with this group running the track is to voice concerns. If they won't listen, talk to Pueblo City Council. Unless the new group has a change of heart from before Fasstt was outed at the city council meetings, they are drag strip focused in their intentions for PMP. Pueblo City council changed management to address the concerns of the drag racing community. This doesn't mean the new management can blow off the road race community.